SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 01, 2013, 02:53 PM
United States, CT, West Haven
Joined Feb 2013
63 Posts
Discussion
Transmitter compatability

I have 3 aircraft and one transmitter that I would like to use for all 3.The transmitter is a hitec laser 4/6 channel FM.@ of the planes are lg 54in ws and I can interchange reciever and servos if needed.The 3rd is a1909 wright flyer w/electric,my question is can I use the hitec trans as long as I use a hitec reciever and do the mini servos needed have to be the same brand or can I use any micro servo????
gjwesthaven is offline Find More Posts by gjwesthaven
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2013, 03:26 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, QC, Quebec City
Joined Sep 2006
5,888 Posts
The Hitec Laser Tx will work with any negative or autoshift Rx on the same frequency. Any micro servo is usable as long as they have compatible plug with the Rx you use. The only problem with using a non-computer Tx with several models is that they all have to be set the same mechanically(servo direction and trim)or you need to reset them every time you switch model!
coriolan is online now Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Apr 02, 2013, 09:28 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjwesthaven View Post
I have 3 aircraft and one transmitter that I would like to use for all 3.The transmitter is a hitec laser 4/6 channel FM.@ of the planes are lg 54in ws and I can interchange reciever and servos if needed.The 3rd is a1909 wright flyer w/electric,my question is can I use the hitec trans as long as I use a hitec reciever and do the mini servos needed have to be the same brand or can I use any micro servo????
Hitec FM (PPM) transmitters are compatible with Futaba FM (PPM) receivers as well as those already mentioned. I used Futaba 72Mhz radios for many years and I had a mix of Futaba receivers and Hitec receivers. Auto Shift means that the receivers will work with Futaba Negative Shift and JR Positive Shift transmitters. There are some other manufacturer's receivers that are compatible.

As far as servos, most any servo will work if they are wired the same (Black, Red, White or Brown, Red, Orange). The Signal wire is usually White or Orange.

Futaba servo connectors have a Polarity Fin on them. For some receivers, you need to shave off that Fin and bevel the edges of the connector to fit into the receiver. JR, Spektrum, and Hitec connectors are very similar and usually fit in each others receivers.
Buschbarber is offline Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Apr 02, 2013, 04:25 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjwesthaven View Post
I have 3 aircraft and one transmitter that I would like to use for all 3.The transmitter is a hitec laser 4/6 channel FM.@ of the planes are lg 54in ws and I can interchange reciever and servos if needed.The 3rd is a1909 wright flyer w/electric,my question is can I use the hitec trans as long as I use a hitec reciever and do the mini servos needed have to be the same brand or can I use any micro servo?
As above posts #2 & #3 +1.
. Hitec Laser 4FM & 6FM Manual (.pdf).

A lot of additional information on the Transmitter and various receivers and servo is available under sub sections
"Battery Care, Performance & DIY Battery Packs."
"Buddy Boxes, Flight Simulators & Interface"
"ESC & BEC - Setup to prevent majority of all RF Problems, Brownouts & Crashes"
"Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - Causes and Cures"
"Servo - Alterations, Calculators, Databases, Leads, Repairs, Convert to an ESC or winch & FAQ."
"Transmitter - FAQ - Additions, Adjustments, Mode Change, Clonepacs & Repairs."
below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.