Latest blog entry: old MyFlyDream AAT upgrade
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2014, 02:07 AM
Norway, Nordland, Vefsn
Joined Sep 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjgoulet View Post
Okay have another question...probably a stupid one at that. After reading the manual many times and now im confused i see that this can be connected to the Hornet osd but i have the myflydream Telelflypro so how would i go about hooking the DOS to the Telelflypro to be able to see what mode im in on the DOS? or is that possible. I assume you need to be able to see on your osd what flight mode the DOS might be in, lets say you enable RTL will that come up on my screen so i know whats going on. Ive been thinking about getting the MFD AP but i have this here and really dont want to spend $200 on something this can do.

Thanks for any help

Steve
you can hook up both hornet and teleflypro..
but then you use the hornet as osd and the teleflypro only for tracking(i guess you are using the tfpro for the mfd tracker?)you can not use the tfpro osd With the dos to get "flight info"displayed...
fpvk1 is offline Find More Posts by fpvk1
Old Nov 20, 2014, 02:27 AM
Joined Oct 2014
3 Posts
Hi there,
Wondering if anybody can help me. I'm trying to hook up a zephyr 2 with fy dos, ezuhf rx and a 14sg futaba radio and quite simply having a nightmare. I have tried so many different combinations in terms of servo connections but can't get it functioning.

When I run everything through the ezuhf and futaba tx (no fy dos), the wing works perfectly with ch 1 and ch 6 used as elevons, (tx set to flying wing, 2 ail) no problem. The issues happen when I introduce the fy dos. The dos unit is set to the flying wing mode and I follow the instructions about adding the aileron servo leads to channels one and 2 on the dos unit. This causes no end of problems with the airelons going in different directions etc. on a positive, when I try the stabilise system and tilt the plane, the airelons work fine and the fy dos appears to do its job.

I appreciate this sounds a bit of a mess, but if anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it. I've set up a dos in a sky surfer and got a lot of experience in rc with helicopters etc, but struggling with this project. Any suggestions would be great, I've spent hours on this!
Thanks.
Thekidfrankie is offline Find More Posts by Thekidfrankie
Old Nov 20, 2014, 08:12 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekidfrankie View Post
Hi there,
Wondering if anybody can help me. I'm trying to hook up a zephyr 2 with fy dos, ezuhf rx and a 14sg futaba radio and quite simply having a nightmare. I have tried so many different combinations in terms of servo connections but can't get it functioning.

When I run everything through the ezuhf and futaba tx (no fy dos), the wing works perfectly with ch 1 and ch 6 used as elevons, (tx set to flying wing, 2 ail) no problem. The issues happen when I introduce the fy dos. The dos unit is set to the flying wing mode and I follow the instructions about adding the aileron servo leads to channels one and 2 on the dos unit. This causes no end of problems with the airelons going in different directions etc. on a positive, when I try the stabilise system and tilt the plane, the airelons work fine and the fy dos appears to do its job.

I appreciate this sounds a bit of a mess, but if anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it. I've set up a dos in a sky surfer and got a lot of experience in rc with helicopters etc, but struggling with this project. Any suggestions would be great, I've spent hours on this!
Thanks.
Its not clear above. Once you introduce the FY-DOS in flying wing mode you need to change yourTX mode to normal plane mode. (If that makes sense).

With no DOS unit you have programmed your TX to handle the flying wing configuration but once you install the DOS unit, it takes over the programming for you. It sounds like you have both programmed to the do the same thing, resulting in confusion when you use your TX.

Hope that helps if not let me know and I will try and explain better.
hendrnk is online now Find More Posts by hendrnk
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:33 PM
Joined Oct 2014
3 Posts
Hendrnk, thanks you for your help. This has worked! I wasn't aware that you had to have tx set as normal aeroplane and I had it set as wing, so both dos and tx we're working against each other. Now they are perfectly aligned. Thanks again - I know it sounds dead simple, but this had me baffled!
Appreciate the reply.
Thekidfrankie is offline Find More Posts by Thekidfrankie
Old Nov 20, 2014, 03:05 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekidfrankie View Post
Hendrnk, thanks you for your help. This has worked! I wasn't aware that you had to have tx set as normal aeroplane and I had it set as wing, so both dos and tx we're working against each other. Now they are perfectly aligned. Thanks again - I know it sounds dead simple, but this had me baffled!
Appreciate the reply.
Glad it worked out.

Nigel.
hendrnk is online now Find More Posts by hendrnk