HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 25, 2012, 10:33 PM
Dumb Thumb Extraordinaire
United States, TN, Greene
Joined Dec 2010
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by am534615 View Post
Please let me know how it goes with your order with NP. After all those bad things i heard about their lack of customer service, i'm not sure whether it's worth a try
Ordered my swift from NP last Sunday and received on Wednesday.
Redlight is offline Find More Posts by Redlight
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2012, 12:06 AM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
Got the Swift and SU-31 from them with no problems

Wolfe
wolfewinde is offline Find More Posts by wolfewinde
Old May 26, 2012, 11:31 AM
Joined Nov 2011
163 Posts
Okay, thanks guys! After further readings, I guess the problem happens only when we get wrong / incomplete/ damaged item from NP. So its kinda like hit or miss!
am534615 is offline Find More Posts by am534615
Old May 27, 2012, 03:21 PM
I.B.
Joined Oct 2001
563 Posts
Recieved a Swift from Nitro no problems great service. Madiened it friday and left it the back of my SUV till I went flying today. When I opened the back hatch to remove the plane I thought a rodent had died in my vehicle. Went home and stripped the SUV to locate problem but couldnt find the "dead rodent,cat crap, dog crap" smell anywhere!! Finally I smelled the plane and the smell could gag a maggot!! Will this go away in while or do I need to keep it outside!! Anyone elses smell BAD!!

Bob
IBbob31 is offline Find More Posts by IBbob31
Old May 27, 2012, 03:42 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
2,950 Posts
Mine smells bad but not nearly THAT bad. The smell seemed to go away after a while.
Bloosee is online now Find More Posts by Bloosee
Old May 27, 2012, 04:34 PM
I.B.
Joined Oct 2001
563 Posts
I sure hope so!!!

Thanks
Bob
Last edited by IBbob31; May 27, 2012 at 04:34 PM. Reason: spelling
Old May 28, 2012, 08:54 AM
Joined Dec 2010
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBbob31 View Post
Recieved a Swift from Nitro no problems great service. Madiened it friday and left it the back of my SUV till I went flying today. When I opened the back hatch to remove the plane I thought a rodent had died in my vehicle. Went home and stripped the SUV to locate problem but couldnt find the "dead rodent,cat crap, dog crap" smell anywhere!! Finally I smelled the plane and the smell could gag a maggot!! Will this go away in while or do I need to keep it outside!! Anyone elses smell BAD!!

Bob
My buddies SU31 smells like a wet dog. We have a Swift and Yak that we haven't maidened yet and they don't smell. I wonder what causes the stink.....

UPDATE: My Swift is starting to stink. It isn't as bad as my buddies SU31 but it does smell bad. WTH.......
Old May 28, 2012, 10:08 AM
smoke is my wattmeter
Longview, Tx
Joined May 2008
1,139 Posts
The smell is completely gone in mine but it's close to a year old probably. It goes away somewhat quick.
krexken is offline Find More Posts by krexken
Old May 28, 2012, 04:48 PM
I.B.
Joined Oct 2001
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlight View Post
My buddies SU31 smells like a wet dog. We have a Swift and Yak that we haven't maidened yet and they don't smell. I wonder what causes the stink.....

UPDATE: My Swift is starting to stink. It isn't as bad as my buddies SU31 but it does smell bad. WTH.......
Mine didn't stink while building it, but once it baked in my SUV in the sun it WREAKES!!!! Time will tell if it goes away. But........... it flys great with the Power-10 I had on hand and 12X6 SF prop. But using 2200 Sky Lipos is my only Batt option it is nose heavy. Had to add 1.5oz of lead to rear to get neutral inverted, or hands off flight. Will try and lighten up with lighter motor. Want the Sky Lipos 3s 1800, but all out of stock now.
Anyone know of a lighter motor with nearly the same power? As I fly it at low power levels and only zoom up a couple times a flight, need to cut some weight.

Thanks
Bob
Old May 28, 2012, 10:37 PM
Joined Dec 2010
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBbob31 View Post
Mine didn't stink while building it, but once it baked in my SUV in the sun it WREAKES!!!! Time will tell if it goes away. But........... it flys great with the Power-10 I had on hand and 12X6 SF prop. But using 2200 Sky Lipos is my only Batt option it is nose heavy. Had to add 1.5oz of lead to rear to get neutral inverted, or hands off flight. Will try and lighten up with lighter motor. Want the Sky Lipos 3s 1800, but all out of stock now.
Anyone know of a lighter motor with nearly the same power? As I fly it at low power levels and only zoom up a couple times a flight, need to cut some weight.

Thanks
Bob
At Joe Nall I met a guy that had cut a hole above the wing for his battery. He was using a 120 gram motor and said with 2200's it was way nose heavy. The battery didn't look out of place or anything, it looked pretty good relocated to above the wing.

I picked up a Motrolfly 2815-1100 (123 grams) for my Swift so I was thinking of giving his method a shot.
Old May 30, 2012, 11:23 AM
get high
charlotte, nc
Joined Feb 2011
360 Posts
Anymore SU31 vids out there?
BLOWZILLA is offline Find More Posts by BLOWZILLA
Old Jun 01, 2012, 11:33 PM
United States, PA, Catawissa
Joined Jul 2011
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOWZILLA View Post
Anymore SU31 vids out there?
You will find some at epphobby's youtube channel
Found a video of Su31 with a gopro camera on it's wing
rc4u is online now Find More Posts by rc4u
Old Jun 03, 2012, 03:56 AM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
I'm curious why the yak gets a good size square carbon tube but the swift gets a couple small carbon rods for the wing?
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923
Old Jun 03, 2012, 08:17 AM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyman923 View Post
I'm curious why the yak gets a good size square carbon tube but the swift gets a couple small carbon rods for the wing?
The Yaks wing is removable, so it needs the square tube and large rod. Given the choice I prefer the two small rods running uninterrupted across the wing. That is a weak point on the Yak and adds weight. I ended out gluing my wing together on the Yak because of flex in high energy maneuvers. But if you require a removable wing for transport/storage it's nice.
WickedFunRC is offline Find More Posts by WickedFunRC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Latest Video's
Old Jun 03, 2012, 06:20 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,943 Posts
just picked up a Tech One FunFly!

wife said she wanted to try and fly after she saw a guy flying in the evening with some pink lights on a plane

so i picked this EPP wonder up and some pink lights!

should be a great 4 channel trainer!

Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275