SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by wamsy55, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 03:05 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
9,435 Posts
They're 90 degrees out of phase if you're a math head, which makes sense, as every 90 degrees the plane rotates, you want to have one of the control surfaces fully deflected and the other relaxed to center.

Now getting your thumbs to learn math is a much tougher prospect
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2014, 03:09 PM
Huck'in Addict
United States, FL, Crestview
Joined Feb 2014
112 Posts
My fingers can count to 10 lol!

Training Rolling Harrier Fraps test (2 min 20 sec)

I'm sure I can do much better, but I was more concerned about recording Fraps than flying. I'm starting to get the hang of rolling right, but you can see it still messes me up lol.

Dee
gtzero is offline Find More Posts by gtzero
Last edited by gtzero; Dec 12, 2014 at 03:16 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 03:26 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
9,435 Posts
Wow! That's really good! Here's a short vid of my last rolling harriers practice:

bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Dec 12, 2014, 03:49 PM
Huck'in Addict
Joined Feb 2014
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
Wow! That's really good! Here's a short vid of my last rolling harriers practice:

!!!! your vid is awesome lol!

Thanks Hoov. I appreciate it but I still have a long way to go
Old Dec 13, 2014, 05:58 PM
Huck'in Addict
Joined Feb 2014
112 Posts
Another training video from last night....please feel free to make suggestions on improving my technique.

Training Session - - Rolling Loops / Rifle Rolls (4 min 30 sec)
Old Dec 13, 2014, 10:02 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,142 Posts
Do summm flat spins GtGumbo..........ha ha ha
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Dec 14, 2014, 03:14 AM
Huck'in Addict
Joined Feb 2014
112 Posts
HAHAHA! I'm on it Dale
Old Dec 14, 2014, 05:31 AM
Thumbs are overrated.
The Netherlands, NB, Sint-Michielsgestel
Joined Nov 2014
30 Posts
Looking good Dee, i'm jelouse about your vertical control on your rollers.

Prop works fine(when its cold), motor runs a bit warm, but not hot, and lost 1min flighttime. But now i can climb out of my hovers at the end of the battery

Did my firts controlled RH yesterday, but i keep pulling the nose to high.
Preheating my Cohones, as i'm about to pull them out, and do the RH at eye level up close. Makes it easyer to see, but expect to finish with a crash. I might preheat the old gleugun as well
Poffertjesporem is offline Find More Posts by Poffertjesporem
Old Dec 14, 2014, 02:09 PM
Huck'in Addict
Joined Feb 2014
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poffertjesporem View Post
Looking good Dee, i'm jelouse about your vertical control on your rollers.

Prop works fine(when its cold), motor runs a bit warm, but not hot, and lost 1min flighttime. But now i can climb out of my hovers at the end of the battery

Did my firts controlled RH yesterday, but i keep pulling the nose to high.
Preheating my Cohones, as i'm about to pull them out, and do the RH at eye level up close. Makes it easyer to see, but expect to finish with a crash. I might preheat the old gleugun as well
Thx Boris!
Congrats on your first RH! I used to pull the nose up too high too. It's from holding the elevator or rudder just a bit too long. Combined with ur throttle setting. Try keeping the nose lower and do rolling circles, up high lol. Don't go low yet bro IMO. If u make 1 mistake on your stir you can eat dirt fast. When your get good a lower alpha circles , the rest will just click one day and u will be able to steer. Then fly lower. But don't risk your model B for nothing. I personally still don't roll below 8 or 10 feet in real life just in case I mess up 😊
Old Dec 14, 2014, 04:10 PM
Thumbs are overrated.
Joined Nov 2014
30 Posts
Thanks Dee!, ill also try circles.

To mutch wind today(20 knt), and it was really turbulant, did som 10 feets drops, so no low or slow stuf.
I cant do mutch damage if it drops from 3 feet, and 0 ground speed. The wingloading is really light, so it falls slow as wel. The worst thing that could happen is that i destroy a prop, so IMO i can risk it( its just a scatchbuild).
Old Dec 14, 2014, 07:36 PM
Huck'in Addict
Joined Feb 2014
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poffertjesporem View Post
Thanks Dee!, ill also try circles.

To mutch wind today(20 knt), and it was really turbulant, did som 10 feets drops, so no low or slow stuf.
I cant do mutch damage if it drops from 3 feet, and 0 ground speed. The wingloading is really light, so it falls slow as wel. The worst thing that could happen is that i destroy a prop, so IMO i can risk it( its just a scatchbuild).
That's sounds like an awesome plane. Do you have pics of it?

I went back to basics today. I spent so much time on RH, and I never perfected inverted harrier or torque rolling. So I'm going to focus on those for a while. And schedule some sim circuits for about 30 min a day to keep what I have learned fresh. Plus I'll mess with rolling right and loops if I have time.

Flew my TH Edge today with my new DX6. Didn't feel right at all. I can't wait until Horizon Hobby ships my DX9 back. It was really windy and with the 6 I don't have control over the stabilizer for the wind. it's all or nothing. So I chose nothing and 10 mph gust made my flight manageable, but not enjoyable. I even hit a freaking speed limit sign in a roller because of a gust . No damage though, thank goodness.-- I hope the wind dies down for you soon so you can get some practice in!!!

*** Oh just thought of something. when I practice my rolling circles, the plane can get to going pretty fast cause the nose is down. Just watch out for it gaining speed on you. It happens, so you have to stir faster to keep up or it will dive down at full speed.

Dee
Old Dec 15, 2014, 06:07 AM
Thumbs are overrated.
Joined Nov 2014
30 Posts
It's a EPO Addy, with an ugly nose. On my 3th flight, 1 of the battery conectors failed(vibrated lose deu to damage of a priviouse crash), and it droped from +/- 100feet Please hobbyking restok the xt60 conectors!!!!(EU)

Next scratchbuild wil be the Ultimate AMR, or an XR52(PA). I'm hopping bey my PA dealer tommorow, and have a look at these birds(to later add 1 to my fleet).

Weather here is stil a bit windy (10knt gusts), but is just started raining...

Hope you have more luck with it...back to the sim for now.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 06:09 AM
Thumbs are overrated.
Joined Nov 2014
30 Posts
dubble post oops.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 01:00 PM
Huck'in Addict
Joined Feb 2014
112 Posts
Cool little plane! It looks like it has a monster roll rate with those ailerons. And the green/flame plane looks like a mini PA Addiction. Awesome!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 04:00 PM
Thumbs are overrated.
Joined Nov 2014
30 Posts
Thanks Dee, it does like to roll, but my underpowered motor strugles to handle the drag, so nose down goes best
The little addy x, is missing its motorbox and rudder, it is actualy 10% bigger.

Had a blast at the field on the RH, 3 feet is a bit stresfull but it looks awsome. It makes this moster look realy prity and graseful,

But for practise, 9 feet i find best as you have a the altitude to experiment.

Back to the field!!!