HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2012, 03:09 PM
Techno-geek of DOOM!!
United States, CT, Ledyard
Joined Nov 2010
30 Posts
Question
DIY Field/Flight Boxes?

ok i been trying to find a field box for all my rc stuff that i can get on the (relatively) cheap side i saw one i liked from R2 hobbies but the shipping is insane!
so im trying to find out if anyone in the new england area (preferably but anywhere in the usa is ok) that either makes field boxes or know where i can get designs for some to send to somone with a laser cutter or cnc machine;
so if anyone knows of, or they themselves make these please let me know.

oh and i wasnt sure where to post this so if this is the wrong place please let me know.
Mechcondrid is offline Find More Posts by Mechcondrid
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2012, 10:22 AM
Neophyte hacker
Albuquerque, NM USA
Joined Sep 2003
15,924 Posts
If you have a design, we could cut one.

But, cost of cut parts is probably more than the cost of a ready made box with shipping. Especially if you wanted it cut from 1/8" acft ply.

The last time I designed one, the cost would have been well over $50. With some of the extra features I wanted closer to $100.

charlie
portablevcb is offline Find More Posts by portablevcb