HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: How much foam do you consume?
1 bundle or less per year 83 33.88%
1-2 bundles per year 98 40.00%
2-6 bundles per year 42 17.14%
1-2 bundles per month 7 2.86%
2-4 bundles per month 4 1.63%
4 or more bundles per month 11 4.49%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:41 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,930 Posts
sorry, I was just checking to see what weather Canada was bringing us tomorrow. I'm not suggesting.....
springer is online now Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:29 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
sorry, I was just checking to see what weather Canada was bringing us tomorrow. I'm not suggesting.....
They brought us no cool breezes all summer with heat hitting over 100 degrees and they bring us that cool breazes now thats its winter ,thanks Canida.! joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:22 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,930 Posts
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:30 PM
I ask a lot of questions.
Canada, AB, Airdrie
Joined Aug 2012
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Hey, guys, I have updated the website and started a gallery of MPF planes. I'll be updating it as time allows.

Also, have the shipping costs for Canada and AK/HI built into the paypal button. Hopefully it will work correctly. Anyone want to be the guinea pig for that?
"I'm your Huckleberry"

Yup...It worked for Canada. But couldn't hit the commit button (Wife is sitting beside me)
Disco Stew is offline Find More Posts by Disco Stew
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:42 PM
Build straight - Fly twisty
Australia, QLD, Little Mountain
Joined Feb 2010
4,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Stew View Post
... couldn't hit the commit button (Wife is sitting beside me)
Isn't commitment what women want from us?
Whiskers is offline Find More Posts by Whiskers
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:17 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac Contest

HI Guys, I am posting this contest here just in case you didn't see it over on the Neat thread. My name is Eric G, I am the Account Exec for Foam- Tac at Beacon Adhesives. I like you, am a Rc modeler, and I started working with Beacon to come up with products for the RC market. Not just rebranded stuff, but made specifically for our needs. Foam-Tac will be available at your local hobby shops within 3 weeks or so. I am making lots of sales calls, please let me know of your local hobbyshops and I will make sure to get them our products so that you may have a local source. I have been working with Beacon and we have reformulated Foam-Tac to dry faster, and hold better. I think you will find that the new product is better and lighter than Gorilla glue. Foam-Tac is also waterproof won't yellow, is great for hinges, and is paintable, most of all the new formula is really strong. I have also been working with guys like Doc E, Meaneybaby, Sofaman, and Foaminator, as well as other prolific builders, getting their input on other products for foam builders. Here is a quick rundown, first we have Multi-Tac which is a clear glue that is designed for plastics and wood, metals, fiberglass, this product is great for canopies, and bonding accessories to to your planes, not for foam, but for almost anything else. I am also currently testing out a coating compound. This is a two part epoxy type product that you can paint the entire surface of your plane with and it leaves a smooth, sandable, paintable surface. great for foam and wood. It is extremely light and you now have a smooth suface that is waterproof and you can add scale finish to if you like. Or if you are like me and hate the finished surface of Styrofoam or EPP and want to make it look pretty. I have coated the bottom of my Mako seaplane from WMparkflyers.com with this compound, and WOW. what a difference, it is strong added almost no weight and waterproofed all in one coating. Lastly for now we are also coming out with a potting compound, this is designed for waterproofing your electronic gear. The difference between our product and others on the market right now, is that ours is permanent. Treat your esc once and you won't have to reapply it again. This is also a two part non conductive epoxy type material. Once you coat your gear it adds a hard shell that is waterproof, and protects like nothing you have ever used, no more "Dunking" worries, and unlike Corrosion X, you won't ever have to reapply it. So remember if you are interested in having your local hobby shop carry these great products drop me a line with their location and name and I will make sure they get some. Now the fun part, We at Beacon are sponsoring a monthly Build, repair, and tech tip contest using Foam-Tac. Take and post pictures of your creativity for a chance to win a $50.00 Visa cash card. The pix can be of a repair, a build or a tech tip using any of our products and you could be a winner!!!!! There were two winners for September first up is 'Meanybaby Baby" Petey Chan for his Polaris build, and second is "RCRich" Richard Roland for his Mako and Hydroplane builds. Both of these Gentlemen do beautiful work and we thank them for entering. So now it's your turn, get to "Clicken and Sticken" and win.BTW the new Foam-Tac will be hitting the shelves within the next month, so get some and see what what all the Buzz is about you won't be disappointed.
Regards,
Eric G
The "deacon of Beacon"
Beacon Adhesives
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:43 AM
United States, PA, Beaver
Joined Sep 2001
3,524 Posts
Hay Eric;
I was a "tester" of foam-tac way back. An online proprietor sent me some samples to try. LOVE the stuff. It works GREAT on Model Airplane Foam. I also tried some contact type glue. It was tinted blue (my idea). It did't really work well. I submitted my feedback, but haven't heard back... Is this still something that you are still developing?
rcav8r2 is offline Find More Posts by rcav8r2
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:57 AM
GLM
AMA 209854
Check Six!
Joined Oct 2003
1,520 Posts
Hi Eric,

After using Foam-Tac for about a year now I can say with out a doubt I'm hooked, I was actually hooked on the first bottle. I introduced it to the guys at the field and they asked our LHS to carry it. So now we have a local source. Yay!

A friend and I refer to it as "the magic elixir" - we get a little nervous when we don't have 7 bottles in stock between us...

I'm looking forward to the other products you mentioned.

Thanks so much for bringing your great glue to us!

Cheers!

Gary
GLM is offline Find More Posts by GLM
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:43 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,284 Posts
i love this foam tac!!!, i just start using it last week, i went build crazy!!! build 2 polaris,3 mini drongo and started on a full size drongo,

had so much fun my fresh pack of MPF just arrive!!! yappie!!!!

now i gotta get more foam tac....... ERIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-pete
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:30 PM
NorCal
Joined Dec 2009
1,716 Posts
I got some Foam Tac from the LHS that Gary mentioned when they started stocking it but just opened it today. I glued some scraps and made a hinge and let them set while visiting my local torture chamber, errr hospital. Just checked them and am impressed. Learned real quick to wear rubber gloves, this is the stickiest stuff I have ever run across. Spread it around with a tooth pick and had a hard time getting the pick unstuck.

Are you guys using it as a contact cement or just putting down a bead, joining the parts, and just setting it aside.
Raften is offline Find More Posts by Raften
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:02 AM
United States, PA, Beaver
Joined Sep 2001
3,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raften View Post

Are you guys using it as a contact cement or just putting down a bead, joining the parts, and just setting it aside.
I do both... For most parts, I apply a SMALL amount to each surface. bring the two parts together, then pull appart. In 20-30 seconds I will join the parts. Makes an immediate weak bond. Still can put the part in it's final position, but strong enough so you can progress with the build. If I can't reach a spot, or if it is impracticable to do that, I'll just apply a small amount glue (just a little more than when applying to both parts as above) to one part, and join them....using tape as a clamp as it seems to take a while for the joint to set when used like this.
rcav8r2 is offline Find More Posts by rcav8r2
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:40 AM
just Some Useless Geek
Chicagoland
Joined Oct 2008
2,543 Posts
Hey, Beacon Deacon! Can Foam-Tac be softened with denatured alcohol the way Fabri-Tac and 3in1 can? That would make for some easy repairs later on.
A Useless Geek is offline Find More Posts by A Useless Geek
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:31 PM
Build straight - Fly twisty
Australia, QLD, Little Mountain
Joined Feb 2010
4,405 Posts
MPF Down Under

The only MPF in Oz has been cut and glued and approved.
I officially proclaim it to be Good Stuff.
Whiskers is offline Find More Posts by Whiskers
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:16 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskers View Post
We have had numerous requests forwarded to us from the manufacturer asking for Readiboard in your part. We really need to find a way to send a moderate shipment to someone to distribute there. Certainly the cost of shipping will add to the final cost, but it may be worth it.

Thanks for the "Seal of Approval". I love it!

Ken
dz1sfb is online now Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:37 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskers View Post
Oh, oh, now we're in trouble!
RCG Plus Member