HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:37 PM
Bunch of RCs,can't fly 1/2
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Aug 2011
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ls Thumbs View Post
Add another mix, aileron -> aileron, -100, -100. That way, only the left stick will move the rudder.
Thx allot. I added that mix also.
alphanate is offline Find More Posts by alphanate
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:18 PM
Joined Nov 2012
28 Posts
Hi,
are the horizontal stabilizers of Vapor and night Vapor compatible?
Thanks,
David
davidTs is offline Find More Posts by davidTs
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:34 PM
Urbana, Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
304 Posts
How about my night vapor

Kolb Christmas Lights to Music 2012 in Urbana, Ohio (3 min 10 sec)

Happy Holidays !
twoplanekid is online now Find More Posts by twoplanekid
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:51 AM
UK, Ballymena, Ballymena
Joined Aug 2008
139 Posts
Where's Wally

No wonder the arctic is melting! I just clicked on
http://www.causes.com/causes/798741-...ler/newsletter

This supports a polar bear sanctuary in the Arctic
ourbluehorizon is offline Find More Posts by ourbluehorizon
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:57 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,213 Posts
Mini Vapor shipped Wednesday YEA
Tim
w4yn is online now Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined Nov 2012
45 Posts
Has anybody tried putting a slightly bigger motor on this plane? It would be nice if it had enough power to hover, and that would make it easier to fly in small rooms.
Puddytatter is offline Find More Posts by Puddytatter
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:35 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,216 Posts
J-3 motor mod, search the thread.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:39 PM
Joined Nov 2012
45 Posts
I did a search about the J3 Cub motor and came up with a number of posts from people who tried it and liked it. I didn't find any specific information about doing the mod. I checked out the motor at an on-line hobby shop and it said it was 6mm in diameter, but couldn't find any other specs.

Is it correct to say it is the same diameter, but longer and more powerful than the stock vapor motor? Can you just slide the old one out of the existing motor mount and slide the new one in? Does the pinion mesh with the Vapor gear wheel? If it is that easy, I would like to order a couple of them and put one on the Ember 2 as well.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:48 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,216 Posts
Yes, the only real modding you do is solder a longer lead onto the motor.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:09 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
The J-3 is the same physical size and uses the same pinion as all of the other 6mm motors on Ember and the other Miniums, but the wires are a couple inches short for the Vapor/ember.

It is the best single mod for any of the 6mm motor planes.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:02 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,956 Posts
You'll be much better off getting or making an extension so all future motor changes are just a matter of plugging them in. Glenn here will be happy to make you one.http://www.rc-connectors.com/ I made mine with spare parts I had laying around.
TODD
I R Irv is offline Find More Posts by I R Irv
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:08 PM
Joined Nov 2012
45 Posts
Thank you guys for the info, much appreciated. I am going to order a couple of the J3 motors for sure. Now the obvious question...why would Parkzone use an inferior motor on the Vapor and Ember when they have something that is the same size and weight but has more power?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:08 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddytatter View Post
Thank you guys for the info, much appreciated. I am going to order a couple of the J3 motors for sure. Now the obvious question...why would Parkzone use an inferior motor on the Vapor and Ember when they have something that is the same size and weight but has more power?
Because it came out much latter and I don't think the stock 70mah battery puts out the power needed for it. I'm using the Hyperion 25c 70's which are working great, light weight lots of power.
TODD
I R Irv is offline Find More Posts by I R Irv
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:44 PM
Trailer Down By The River
Joined Sep 2004
495 Posts
I am retiring a first run Vapor after I think ,maybe 4 years at least of flying. The stab broke and being a now a discontinued bird,a first generation,it is no longer a piece to try and restore. The Vapor reminds me of the OLD VW BUG. It has enough power stock to get the job done beautifully,,any more and you have to address not only the electronics including motor but then the weight and airframe. When you are done you should have bought a different aircraft or car. When many of you are old enough you will understand,,,she is what she is!! If you require more performance go elsewhere. The vapor as I know it is perfect.
TURBOOMNI is offline Find More Posts by TURBOOMNI
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:13 AM
Joined Nov 2012
45 Posts
In 1992, I bought an old Volkswagen Bug for $400 dollars. A few days later I spent another $400 dollars on some state-of-the-art radial tires. The designers of that car could never have imagined how it might feel with such tires from the future. I drove that car for a few years and loved it. It would go places my 2005 4-wheel drive truck will not go.

I'm gonna try a more modern motor on the old Vapor. Maybe it will fly better than the designers intended. Never say die.