SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 13, 2014, 06:51 PM
Sokol
United States, CA, Walnut Creek
Joined Jul 2013
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVsoaring View Post
I came across this thread last night, went to RC Desk Pilot, and downloaded. No problems, it seems to work just fine. I'm running Windows 8 (hate it), but RCDP seems to have no issues, so I'm happy. My problem is that I can only use the keyboard right now, having no controller to use. Can anyone recommend and inexpensive controller to use with this sim? I took a look at the one linked in post 1906 above, it looks like it would suit my needs, but are there any other suggestions? All input is appreciated!
I am extremely satisfied using :

Turnigy 9X transmitter,
a stereo 3.5 mm audio cable,
and SmartPropoPlus (software).

the computer is an Asus motherboard with i7 processor,
Windows 7 pro 64 bit.

JureZ is online now Find More Posts by JureZ
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2014, 08:14 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,693 Posts
I've successfully used rcdp, and SmartPropoPlus, I didn't have a Tx with PPM out then, I was using an iphone app that gave PPM out of the headphone socket.

Saying that though, I think that usb thing listed above would be easier, had a right ball ache setting up SmartPropoPlus.
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Dec 14, 2014, 01:32 AM
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Sep 2013
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JureZ View Post
I am extremely satisfied using :

Turnigy 9X transmitter,
a stereo 3.5 mm audio cable,
and SmartPropoPlus (software).

the computer is an Asus motherboard with i7 processor,
Windows 7 pro 64 bit.

What settings are you using in SmartPropoPlus? I have tried to calibrate my Turnigy 9XR with the 3.5mm audio cable and I can't get any of the controls to center or throttle to low/shutoff. I have tried the trim controls and can get close but still not there.
Thanks
Michael763 is offline Find More Posts by Michael763
Old Dec 14, 2014, 01:55 AM
Sokol
Joined Jul 2013
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael763 View Post
What settings are you using in SmartPropoPlus? I have tried to calibrate my Turnigy 9XR with the 3.5mm audio cable and I can't get any of the controls to center or throttle to low/shutoff. I have tried the trim controls and can get close but still not there.
Thanks
may the screen shots attached below help ?
let me know if you need other details.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 05:29 PM
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Sep 2013
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JureZ View Post
may the screen shots attached below help ?
let me know if you need other details.
Thank you
Michael763 is offline Find More Posts by Michael763
Old Jan 05, 2015, 12:10 AM
Joined Aug 2014
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael763 View Post
Hi, will RC Desk Pilot work with the 6ch FMS USB controller found at http://www.amazon.com/dp/7293000014/...I1BZTW6CDQPF30?
I am just getting back into the hobby and I like what I have heard and read about this simulator, but I have not bought a transmitter yet. I have a Windows 7 64 bit Toshiba laptop. Hopefully Santa, me, will surprise me with one under the tree. If not, recommendations please. Thank You!!
The Deviation software running on the Walkera Devo series of transmitters support USB control with nothing special other than "upgrading" the Devo transmitter with the Deviation firmware. Once loaded you simply plug the USB port from the transmitter into your PC create a model on your transmitter with the type "USBHID". Your PC will recognize it as a Game Controller and R/C Desk Pilot will recognize it. This works much better than the audio cable route.
Calif RC Guy is offline Find More Posts by Calif RC Guy
Old Feb 14, 2015, 04:08 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jul 2010
238 Posts
I'm having difficulty initializing RCDP. I started at the most recent post on this forum and worked back to post 1911 from RCsimMom. No one answered her query, which is the same as what I encountered: "Failed creating the Direct 3D device.
Error in Application -2005530518 (D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE) at Microsoft. DirectX.Direct3D.Device..ctor(Int32 adapter, Device Type device Type, Control renderWindow, CreateFlags behaviorFlags, PresentParameters [ ] presentationParameters) at dj.a(a4 A_0, Device A_1, Boolean A_2)"
I have Win xp 32 bit w/ NVidia fx5200 video. I made sure the drivers are up to date and installed DirX 9.
Where do I go from here?
Gnu4FF is offline Find More Posts by Gnu4FF
Old Feb 14, 2015, 04:30 PM
Sokol
Joined Jul 2013
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnu4FF View Post
I'm having difficulty initializing RCDP. I started at the most recent post on this forum and worked back to post 1911 from RCsimMom. No one answered her query, which is the same as what I encountered: "Failed creating the Direct 3D device.
Error in Application -2005530518 (D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE) at Microsoft. DirectX.Direct3D.Device..ctor(Int32 adapter, Device Type device Type, Control renderWindow, CreateFlags behaviorFlags, PresentParameters [ ] presentationParameters) at dj.a(a4 A_0, Device A_1, Boolean A_2)"
I have Win xp 32 bit w/ NVidia fx5200 video. I made sure the drivers are up to date and installed DirX 9.
Where do I go from here?
I googled with your error and got this:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Erro...utf-8&oe=utf-8

it seems that you may not have the required drivers

quoting from the links

"In Windows 2003 hardware acceleration is turned down (or off) by default

And do you have graphics drivers install and not just the default ones that come with Windows

Dang drivers, I had to go and get the drivers for the chipset from intel. Windows and Gateway(devil) drivers were both to old and out of date for directx 9x. This did not answer why the d3d test in dxdiag performed properly but it was the answer.
"

I hope this helps
Old Feb 14, 2015, 04:50 PM
Joined Jul 2010
238 Posts
I installed (reinstalled actually) the current NVidia drivers. My computer has a crappy time with video. I'm sure it is something to do with DirX. BTW, my op sys is on a different drive from the default "C" drive. This sometimes causes issues. ??? I really want to learn to fly R/C.
I'm shifting over from FreeFlight as there are so few sites available.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 06:49 PM
Joined Jul 2010
238 Posts
I finally got RCDP to open. Right click blank spot on desktop, settings, trouble shoot, move slider to full hardware acceleration. I don't know how it became set to the half way mark.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 08:10 PM
Sokol
Joined Jul 2013
412 Posts
glad to know that you are all set now !
Old Mar 05, 2015, 03:43 PM
United States, PA, Tarentum
Joined Jan 2012
1,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calif RC Guy View Post
The Deviation software running on the Walkera Devo series of transmitters support USB control with nothing special other than "upgrading" the Devo transmitter with the Deviation firmware. Once loaded you simply plug the USB port from the transmitter into your PC create a model on your transmitter with the type "USBHID". Your PC will recognize it as a Game Controller and R/C Desk Pilot will recognize it. This works much better than the audio cable route.
When you say create a model with usbhid do you mean as the protocol?
Timmyd463229 is online now Find More Posts by Timmyd463229
Old Mar 14, 2015, 03:21 AM
Joined Aug 2014
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyd463229 View Post
When you say create a model with usbhid do you mean as the protocol?
Yes. pick that as the protocol in deviation and when you plug the controller into the USB port it will mount on your PC as game controller.
Calif RC Guy is offline Find More Posts by Calif RC Guy
Old Mar 14, 2015, 10:31 AM
Joined Jul 2010
238 Posts
I've been running RCDP, BMIFS, ClearView, CCRCSim and MS FlightSim for a few weeks using a Logitek joystick. I ordered a sim contyroller from Amazon but returned it due to a faulty rudder outout. It was pretty toy-like. I have since purchased a FlySky i6, a nice little transmitter. I cannot get my computer to recognize the transmitter with the trainer/usb cord included. My computer is older and runs XP so it looks like SmartPropoPlus is not in the cards. Any other solutions?