New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2010, 09:42 AM
Find More Posts by Nase
Deutschland, Baden-Württemberg, Stuttgart
Joined Aug 2010
70 Posts
Question
walkera wk-2801 (any version) PPM input possible?

Hi,

is it possible to input a PPM signal to the WK-2801?
I know that you can connect it with a simcable to a computer.

What I want to do is just the other direction, generate the PPM with a microcontroller and use the transmitter to send this signal to a heli..
The signal generator is working so far, my simcable accepts it and reads the 4 channels correctly.

I would like to use a walkera transmitter for this project, they have by far the most interesting helis in this low-budget / micro-size heli class.
I know it has been done with other transmitters, but I found nothing that makes clear if it can be done with Walkera transmitters.
I think I can change the WK-2801 from PCM to PPM.. so may it's possible?
If I had to use Spektrum or Futaba this would add so many costs for TX, RX, servos and gyros.. far more expensive..

Any ideas?
Nase is offline Find More Posts by Nase
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2015, 05:05 AM
Find More Posts by santossg
Joined Aug 2014
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nase View Post
Hi,

is it possible to input a PPM signal to the WK-2801?
I know that you can connect it with a simcable to a computer.

What I want to do is just the other direction, generate the PPM with a microcontroller and use the transmitter to send this signal to a heli..
The signal generator is working so far, my simcable accepts it and reads the 4 channels correctly.

I would like to use a walkera transmitter for this project, they have by far the most interesting helis in this low-budget / micro-size heli class.
I know it has been done with other transmitters, but I found nothing that makes clear if it can be done with Walkera transmitters.
I think I can change the WK-2801 from PCM to PPM.. so may it's possible?
If I had to use Spektrum or Futaba this would add so many costs for TX, RX, servos and gyros.. far more expensive..

Any ideas?
Hi,

I have the WK-2801 Pro transmitter and wanting to do the same thing. Did you found the solution?

Thank you.
santossg is offline Find More Posts by santossg