New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2014, 08:40 AM
Find More Posts by redevilpsyco
Joined Oct 2009
4 Posts
Discussion
Powerzone 2600 FPV airplane

What do you think about this plane? Someone tried this airlplane?

http://www.ycpowerzone.com/en/ProductShow.asp?ID=60
redevilpsyco is offline Find More Posts by redevilpsyco
Last edited by redevilpsyco; Jul 02, 2014 at 06:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2014, 12:30 PM
Find More Posts by graciaj
FPV all the way!
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2013
77 Posts
just ordered it...
graciaj is online now Find More Posts by graciaj
Old Aug 05, 2014, 07:11 PM
Find More Posts by LexusFPV
TBS Crossfire or DragonLink?
Joined Feb 2011
1,379 Posts
That website has some interesting FPV planes.
Good job PowerZone!
LexusFPV is offline Find More Posts by LexusFPV
Old Nov 09, 2014, 03:25 PM
Find More Posts by cschramm
Joined Aug 2007
1 Posts
Hi,

is is safe to order directly at YCPowerzone?
Did you order there?

Thanks for your answer.

Best
Christof
cschramm is offline Find More Posts by cschramm
Old Nov 10, 2014, 04:27 PM
Find More Posts by Nobert
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,486 Posts
Check out this thread:
Powerzone 2600FPV Glider EPO 2600mm
Nobert is offline Find More Posts by Nobert
Old Nov 26, 2014, 04:29 AM
Find More Posts by Will001
Joined Jul 2013
19 Posts
my build

My build

I wanted to do a quick write up on my build, highlighting some of the things I encountered.

This is my 2nd FPV plane, my 1st being a bixler 2. I found that the bixler was a nightmare to get everything into. Not much space at all. I did cut a side compartment in my bixler to house some stuff, but I found that it wasnít in the COG to house my flight controller (ET Vector). I cut the same hatch opening in the 2600FPV after reviewing some photos on RCgroups for placement. I found that a strong white light (torch or other) the other side on the body allowed me to see where the bulk heads were pre-cutting.
Once the compartment was cut I lined the floor of it with some foam ply board, making a nice flat surface to attach equipment like my vector too. An off cut of foam and removing a few of the magnets from the nose section made a nice latch door. [See picture]

In the instructions it states to glue the nose on. As I was gluing the nose on I saw no need for the nose magnets that were there, so I removed them (excluding the ones for the canopy). I also removed the wood sections from the nose, glued them together with some good wood glue and re-glued them back in place at the same time as gluing the nose. For glue I choose my trusty UHU Por glue. A little tape overnight and gluing was complete for the nose.

While I had the nose in pieces I took the time to remove both of the servos as I wanted to mount them in the tail section and free up as much space in the nose as possible. The servo rod tubes also got removed with a little pulling. This left me with a problem of getting 2 servo leads all the way to the tail. To solve this I used one of the servo rods as a threader, with some strong thread attached. Working my way slowly from the nose to the tail. Then used the thread to pull the servo wire through. Took a little while of fiddling, but I got 2 servo leads where I needed them. Note: Donít glue the rudder on until you have done the cables as the elevator servo wire comes out in the tail just under the rudder mount.

For the tail, I did some research on T tail vs normal tail. I went with the T tail. Looks cool, nice and clean. I thought also that it would be good to mount a wing camera on the tail at some point.The only down side of the T tail was the standard servo supplied that Iíd removed earlier was the wrong size for the elevator servo slot in the T tail. Luckily I had spare digital servo with a good power rating spare from my tri copter tail rotor. I cut a slot in the tail section for the rudder servo and used the supplied servo for that.

Pre maiden test flight I put the thing on my balancer. Wow, I was going to need a lot of nose weight just to balance it out pre FPV gear. I ended up with about 1KG of batteries in the nose section and even one in the canopy to get it balanced. The test flight went successfully. Take-off and landing were smooth. I did have a couple of issues. 1) The tires came off the wheels. A little super glue sorted this. 2) The plane flies crabbed with power. The thrust angle of the motor was way left. Iíd glued the motor in with a little Gorilla glue as I didnít seem to be glued in on delivery. Luckily I had not been to overzealous with the glue and was able to remove the motor/mount. I used a cut down vacuum cleaner tube to slot over the motor and lots of tape to hold it in place to reset the angle while the glue dried.[See pictures]. This seems to have worked a treat.

I cut some foam pieces the same size as the batteries I wanted to use, to see if they fitted in the nose. I can fit 3 if I wanted too. [See pictures]. I had a couple of these batteries spare so I wanted to use them. Iím only going to fit 2 for now (10,000 mah) and the other weight will come from my HD camera. All 3 items come to about 1KG.

Carbon Tubes:
Carbon fiber 1.5 x 120mm tubes, I sent Powerzone an email regarding the carbon fiber small tubes. Turns out that these tubes are used to go over the push rods for the rudder and elevator, at the tail end. Basically to extend the existing plastic tubes that runs down the length of the plane body, presumably to prevent flex on the servo rods.

Now Iím ready for my 2nd test flight weather permitting. Next will be FPV gear fitting.
Will001 is offline Find More Posts by Will001
Old Dec 12, 2014, 01:24 AM
Find More Posts by Ziekov
Joined Apr 2014
18 Posts
How the flight ? Any bad characteristic ? Please we need update
Ziekov is offline Find More Posts by Ziekov
Old Dec 12, 2014, 04:37 AM
Find More Posts by Will001
Joined Jul 2013
19 Posts
Update

Somebody on another forum talked about ďtip stallĒ. But the 2600FPV has upturned and slim wing tips so should be pretty resilient to tip stall like a Bixler is. You can get it but got to be doing something really wrong (slow stall, with flaps maybe). Itís not like itís a stock Spitfire with chopped wing tips.
Powerzone 2600FPV Maiden Flight (1 min 7 sec)
Will001 is offline Find More Posts by Will001
Old Dec 12, 2014, 05:41 PM
Find More Posts by Nora
Malta, Żejtun
Joined Aug 2014
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziekov View Post
How the flight ? Any bad characteristic ? Please we need update
Not much out there is it

Seems a good plane tho
Nora is offline Find More Posts by Nora