SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:00 AM
Find More Posts by flboy286
Up, Up & hopefully away!!
United States, FL, Volusia County
Joined May 2013
1,594 Posts
Sovrin ~ any tips on landing on the tarmac w/o bouncing?

I have about 25 flights on mine and it flies great. Fast or slow and w/o any bad tendencies.

I recently bought Sig's 4 Star 64 and it flies great too. Take-offs are very scale and so are the landings, but it really likes to float.

These are my two primary planes. I do enjoy Sig's quality!!
flboy286 is offline Find More Posts by flboy286
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2015, 02:59 PM
Find More Posts by Sovrin
Wild & Crazy
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined Apr 2013
599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flboy286 View Post
Sovrin ~ any tips on landing on the tarmac w/o bouncing?

I have about 25 flights on mine and it flies great. Fast or slow and w/o any bad tendencies.

I recently bought Sig's 4 Star 64 and it flies great too. Take-offs are very scale and so are the landings, but it really likes to float.

These are my two primary planes. I do enjoy Sig's quality!!
Hi FLBOY, i fly off of a grass runway and have not encountered bouncing, its all around one of my favs, i always bring this plane and one other out to the field.....always kinda warm up with the T-clips. what do you have for propulsion on the 4 star 64 , elec or nitro?? i have been looking at it for a while , so to have a low wing sig. does it fly good?
Sovrin is offline Find More Posts by Sovrin
Old Mar 11, 2015, 06:06 AM
Joined May 2013
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovrin View Post
Hi FLBOY, i fly off of a grass runway and have not encountered bouncing, its all around one of my favs, i always bring this plane and one other out to the field.....always kinda warm up with the T-clips. what do you have for propulsion on the 4 star 64 , elec or nitro?? i have been looking at it for a while , so to have a low wing sig. does it fly good?
Yes, grass runways are much more forgiving than pavement.

4 Star 64 : Motor Power 60, ESC 60a w/BEC & 6S4000mah. It's easy to fly & it flies great. I'm really happy w/the 4 star. I get 8 minutes with 50% left over on the battery.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 10:36 AM
Joined May 2013
1,594 Posts
I've finally figured out how to land this plane w/o bouncing on asphalt. Three point landings have made a huge difference!! Touch the mains & tailwheel @ the same time and she'll grease right in.

And I really do enjoy flying the T-Clips.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 08:56 AM
Find More Posts by Vintauri
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flboy286 View Post
I've finally figured out how to land this plane w/o bouncing on asphalt. Three point landings have made a huge difference!! Touch the mains & tailwheel @ the same time and she'll grease right in.

And I really do enjoy flying the T-Clips.
I get spoiled flying off of a well groomed grass and fabric runway. They are more forgiving then pavement but then I take it to my other field and have to spot land on pavement.

Your right a three point landing really tames this plane down. Now you just need to master the one wheel landing like Erik Edgren does in the full scale T-Clips!
Vintauri is offline Find More Posts by Vintauri
Old Mar 23, 2015, 12:16 PM
Joined May 2013
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintauri View Post
I get spoiled flying off of a well groomed grass and fabric runway. They are more forgiving then pavement but then I take it to my other field and have to spot land on pavement.

Your right a three point landing really tames this plane down. Now you just need to master the one wheel landing like Erik Edgren does in the full scale T-Clips!
Yes, on our grass runway little to no bounce. But the three point landings on the pavement have made a huge difference.

I did the one wheel landing, but not by choice