New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2015, 09:48 PM
Find More Posts by TwistedGrin
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
3,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman Munster View Post
I'm running the park 480-1320kv w/3s-3000 battery and fly 6 min flights, and I fly it like I stole it.
10:4 Thanks Herman.....tomorrow morning may be my last flight on the stock motors then!!!
TwistedGrin
TwistedGrin is offline Find More Posts by TwistedGrin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2015, 09:43 PM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
3,093 Posts
Flew this Dynam Grand Cruiser on stock motors via 3s 30c 2600mAh LiPo today in very stiff cross winds.....winds hitting our back sides at the flight line.

This little twin gets tossed around like it's flying in a hurricane in 10-15mph winds.....but it's entirely manageable. I was almost able to stationary hover at about a 45degree angle. If the winds were steady I know it would have side-slipped up and down our runway.....landings were very tricky but again easily able to get it into shape a few inches off the ground for a soft touch.

It's a great little plane.....I think the trick is....getting those spinners balanced with no wobbles. This is key to making it a much better flyer.

I am really enjoying this little bird.....

Hawk and Issac had a good time at our club field this morning.....we should have waited until this afternoon though......the winds were much calmer!!!

TwistedGrin
Old Jul 06, 2015, 04:24 PM
Find More Posts by Cocg
Fly and let Fly!
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
3,272 Posts
Been a while.. Plane needed a tune up.. Turnigy motors were getting progressively less balanced.. Was not an ESC issue.. So, put back in original motors ..And spinners.. Name: 2015-07-06 006.jpg
Views: 33
Size: 948.1 KB
Description: Oh.. Why did I remove them in the first place? Oh yeah .. I needed to replace main shaft due to prop strike.. !! 4 years strong.! Still flying great..!
Cocg is online now Find More Posts by Cocg
Old Jul 06, 2015, 11:49 PM
Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
1,573 Posts
Wow, nice paint scheme! That plane really stands out. 4 years? Dang that is a long time. Good to hear they last like they do.
HeliFlyer14 is online now Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
Old Jul 08, 2015, 08:40 AM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
3,093 Posts
Cocg is an excellent Pilot and a very good modeler.......his dog's taught him everything he knows!!

Ya Cocg - your taping skills are profound.....I think your plane has soaked in the desert mountains.....the color scheme fits the surroundings very well.

I too am enjoying this little sleeper of a plane......it's a cool little bird

TwistedGrin
Old Jul 08, 2015, 10:09 AM
Find More Posts by Cocg
Fly and let Fly!
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedGrin View Post
Cocg is an excellent Pilot and a very good modeler.......his dog's taught him everything he knows!!

Ya Cocg - your taping skills are profound.....I think your plane has soaked in the desert mountains.....the color scheme fits the surroundings very well.

I too am enjoying this little sleeper of a plane......it's a cool little bird

TwistedGrin
Twisted Grin..
How nice it is to see a post like this.. Thank You for the kind print.. And you let the secret out about my dog.!! If only he could teach me to be less... "shy" (I have a tough time flying with spectators) Cliff
Cocg is online now Find More Posts by Cocg
Old Jul 09, 2015, 12:26 PM
Find More Posts by e_gadgetgeek
United States, OH, Troy
Joined Jun 2004
259 Posts
Finally made it to the LHS today to pick up some carbon fiber to stiffen up the wing. $113.66 later, I made my way back to work. This plane is costing me more than I figured it would.
e_gadgetgeek is offline Find More Posts by e_gadgetgeek
Old Jul 09, 2015, 12:53 PM
Find More Posts by CarToon
Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_gadgetgeek View Post
Finally made it to the LHS today to pick up some carbon fiber to stiffen up the wing. $113.66 later, I made my way back to work. This plane is costing me more than I figured it would.
They always do, don't they?
CarToon is offline Find More Posts by CarToon
Old Jul 09, 2015, 01:10 PM
United States, OH, Troy
Joined Jun 2004
259 Posts
Luckily, it wasn't for additional building material. I saw this http://www.horizonhobby.com/umx-pt-1...x-bnf-eflu3080 and had birthday money burning a hole in my pocket for that couple months. Now to suffer through the day until quitting time so I can go try it out.
Old Jul 09, 2015, 05:29 PM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
3,093 Posts
Quote:
Luckily, it wasn't for additional building material. I saw this http://www.horizonhobby.com/umx-pt-1...x-bnf-eflu3080 and had birthday money burning a hole in my pocket for that couple months. Now to suffer through the day until quitting time so I can go try it out.
Yep one thing leads to another....I once went to the local LHS to get some 3M Blenderm tape....walked out with a couple of consignment planes.....drove off without the tape......I did go back and get my $200.00 tape.

TwistedGrin
Old Jul 09, 2015, 06:01 PM
United States, OH, Troy
Joined Jun 2004
259 Posts
I know the feeling. The question is, did you show restraint going back in to get the tape and only the tape?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 11:05 AM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
3,093 Posts
Quote:
I know the feeling. The question is, did you show restraint going back in to get the tape and only the tape?
No - the tape cost me a couple more items of paint and glue for the new planes
TwistedGrin
Old Jul 17, 2015, 11:19 AM
Find More Posts by DeLaReef123
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Mar 2014
254 Posts
So I picked up a free GC from a buddy. Needs alot of TLC but a new wing and fuse set is really all that is needed. I sold my first one and have missed the plane so excited to get this one in the air again.

I was hoping someone on this forum would have a hot tip on where to get the 3 blade spinner. It looks like not a single distributor has them in stock. I have check grayson, nitroplanes, rc motion and value hobby. all with no luck.

Does anyone have a lead (or spares they could sell) for the spinners? Thanks
DeLaReef123 is offline Find More Posts by DeLaReef123
Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM
Find More Posts by Greasemonkey2u
Crash & Learn
United States, WA, Goldendale
Joined Nov 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaReef123 View Post
So I picked up a free GC from a buddy. Needs alot of TLC but a new wing and fuse set is really all that is needed. I sold my first one and have missed the plane so excited to get this one in the air again.

I was hoping someone on this forum would have a hot tip on where to get the 3 blade spinner. It looks like not a single distributor has them in stock. I have check grayson, nitroplanes, rc motion and value hobby. all with no luck.

Does anyone have a lead (or spares they could sell) for the spinners? Thanks
P.m. me your usps shipping addy and i'll send you a couple.
Greasemonkey2u is online now Find More Posts by Greasemonkey2u
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Additions to the Hanger!
Old Today, 06:43 PM
Find More Posts by DeLaReef123
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Mar 2014
254 Posts
Greasemonkey is the man!
Flew the refurbished CG today and she was nice and stable. Always loved the way she lands. Solid as a rock. May add some down thrust on the motors. Lots of down trim was needed.
The livery came out nice. Graphics from Calli which i always highly recommend. All that's missing are the spinners and looks like Greasemonkey will help take care of that!
DeLaReef123 is offline Find More Posts by DeLaReef123