HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 08:35 AM
Marty, Louisiana USA
Joined Jan 2015
61 Posts
Question
OSD needed

I have a simple fpv set up. It is a flying wing with two servos, a 600 mw fat shark transmitter and an fpv camera. My monitor and receiver is the black pearl and I also interchange this with the uno 5800 receiver. My question is does anyone make an on screen display device that I can add to this set up? It is weird flying fpv with no screen information at all. Thanks Oh. And I am using spectrum gear (receiver and radio - dx7s)
arbtmn is offline Find More Posts by arbtmn
Last edited by arbtmn; Yesterday at 08:56 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM
United Kingdom
Joined May 2013
296 Posts
Hobbyking do several small and cheap OSD's, some as basic as a battery voltage and others which show more information like altitude, speed, latt/long etc. Look on the forum for the 'uOSD' thread which provides customisations for some of these units.

Chris
hangarspace is offline Find More Posts by hangarspace
Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM
Marty, Louisiana USA
Joined Jan 2015
61 Posts
Thank you
Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM
Marty, Louisiana USA
Joined Jan 2015
61 Posts
I noticed this thing called the cyclone which has RTH, and other nice features in addition to OSD stuff. Anyone have good luck with this thing? Or is there something else out there like this one? I have the eagle tree vector and for now I wish I would have gone with something much simpler
Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM
Team Warpsquad
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined May 2009
886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbtmn View Post
I noticed this thing called the cyclone which has RTH, and other nice features in addition to OSD stuff. Anyone have good luck with this thing? Or is there something else out there like this one? I have the eagle tree vector and for now I wish I would have gone with something much simpler
why would u want a cyclops when you have a vector? the cyclops storm or Tornado is very good.
Mr.Aaron is online now Find More Posts by Mr.Aaron
Last edited by Mr.Aaron; Yesterday at 11:16 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined Jun 2006
142 Posts
I have a vector on my fpv wing and a minimosd on my quad running multiwii. I'm happy with both in their different applications. The vector is nice because it's an all-in-one unit. If you already have components (like a multiwii or dji FC) there are different firmware projects that you can load on the minimosd to get what you want.. or you can use the minimosd with multiwii firmware to have a minimal on screen display without many sensors. If you go with the minimosd, I recommend the minimosd with the breakout pins from readytoflyquads
boogyman is online now Find More Posts by boogyman
Old Yesterday, 11:59 PM
What goes up... must crash!
United States, AR, Fort Smith
Joined Jan 2012
227 Posts
That vector you have there is one of the best around
+1 for the vector
wdog is offline Find More Posts by wdog
Old Today, 07:58 AM
Marty, Louisiana USA
Joined Jan 2015
61 Posts
ok Thanks for the input everyone. I will work with the vector. So there is a cable I can use to plug the miniosd into my set up? I thought I could only use it on the phantom.
Old Today, 12:17 PM
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined Jun 2006
142 Posts
if you go with the vector, you won't need the minimosd. the vector has an OSD built-in.
boogyman is online now Find More Posts by boogyman