HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2014, 05:23 AM
Wats the worst that can happen
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jan 2009
545 Posts
Here it is:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=27183952

I'll probably try the Android doppler app, and frsky GPS to see exactly how fast its moving.
I'm going to guess 180. I really don't think its over 200 kph.
TheCure is offline Find More Posts by TheCure
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2014, 05:54 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
9,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCure View Post
Here it is:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=27183952

I'll probably try the Android doppler app, and frsky GPS to see exactly how fast its moving.
I'm going to guess 180. I really don't think its over 200 kph.
Is that a PKJ Vers 1 or the latest smaller Vers 2 ?

Speed - I suggest the Eagle Tree Pitot speed sensor - then it doesn't matter about wind direction etc. It measures actual airspeed.

Nigel
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
Old May 08, 2014, 02:45 PM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
4,448 Posts
TheCure
What props did you try on the 4s twin and what were the amp/watts? Might like to try on my single BW 300 powered PJ as I have a bunch of 850 45c nanotech 4s pack that would work and balance out ok

Andy
headlessagain is online now Find More Posts by headlessagain
Old May 08, 2014, 03:24 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jan 2009
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Is that a PKJ Vers 1 or the latest smaller Vers 2 ?

Speed - I suggest the Eagle Tree Pitot speed sensor - then it doesn't matter about wind direction etc. It measures actual airspeed.

Nigel
Its the Parkjet II. The motors that I'm using come with the ready to fly kit. I'll use what I have. I wont make any more purchases for some time.
Old Jan 08, 2015, 05:53 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jan 2009
545 Posts
I've just ordered 2 (800mm) rarebear motors to mount on my last unboxed Parkjet.
Since the Rarebear flies easily at 100mph+ on one motor, I am hoping for some good speed + easy launches as with my other twin PJ.
I'll run it on 4S, trying 6x4, 5x5 props for best thrust.
Old Jan 08, 2015, 06:27 PM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
4,448 Posts
That power combo should give it some zip
I reckon you could build a fast light weight version using 2 3000 kv Blue Wonder style motors running 5.75 x 5.75 prop, 1000 3s pack and a couple of 25 amp esc's
I've still got 2 un-built original kits. Might even have a go at slope soaring one of them
Andy
Old Jan 09, 2015, 01:58 AM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jan 2009
545 Posts
I did exactly that. Should be mention not far back in this thread. It flies amazing even on minimum throttle
Old Jan 11, 2015, 02:24 PM
nom
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Mar 2011
2,173 Posts
Where did you get your rarebear motor? I still have one v1 Parkjet sitting in a box. I still fly my original a few dozen times during the year.
nom is offline Find More Posts by nom
Old Jan 11, 2015, 02:46 PM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
4,448 Posts
Here you go
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
Old Jan 11, 2015, 02:55 PM
nom
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Mar 2011
2,173 Posts
Thank you!
nom is offline Find More Posts by nom
Old Jan 11, 2015, 04:00 PM
Standing Athwart History
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2011
647 Posts
Any place to buy these CONUS? I never know what the excise tax will be on stuff direct from the Hong Kong warehouse and I don't see them (or version 2) in the W or E USA warehouse.
roo_ster is offline Find More Posts by roo_ster
Old Jan 12, 2015, 06:21 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jan 2009
545 Posts
in canada, which is quite strict customs-wise, i never get dinged shipping EMS - no matter what the value.
If using Fedex, UPS, etc you'll probably get dinged if value is significant.

Motors came in today already - this weekend looks like a speed maiden attemp!. DHL is by far my favourite courier.

( UPS I detest with the deepest darkest hate.)
Old Jan 13, 2015, 04:17 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roo_ster View Post
Any place to buy these CONUS? I never know what the excise tax will be on stuff direct from the Hong Kong warehouse and I don't see them (or version 2) in the W or E USA warehouse.
generally HK doesn't state the actual value of the parcel.it's on 30% of the real value of the parcel by default on check out, but you can change it (not recommended as it sometimes raises questions). What I mean by this for instance if your package is $100 they only "declare" it as a value of $30
so you will pay a % of that $30 declared value duty fee

hope that helps clarify your question

hey guys that new balsa delta (looks identical to the PJ) looks pretty sweet
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Jan 13, 2015, 04:18 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roo_ster View Post
generally HK doesn't state the actual value of the parcel.it's on 30% of the real value of the parcel by default on check out, but you can change it (not recommended as it sometimes raises questions). What I mean by this for instance if your package is $100 they only "declare" it as a value of $30

hey guys that new balsa delta rocket(looks identical to the PJ) looks pretty sweet
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Jan 13, 2015, 04:32 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
9,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post

hey guys that new balsa delta rocket(looks identical to the PJ) looks pretty sweet
If its naything like Latvian Customs ... they want to see the item and they assess based on ACTUAL paid amount for the item.

I bought a Laser Cutter ... docs showed a reduced amount for invoicing etc. Box was held in Customs until they received an actual copy of my bank payments and also the original order .... they ignored all docs with the item and even didn't argue that they showed a different amount.

I had replacement 9xr radios sent from HK ... Customs were alerted not by themselves - but by postal service of repeat similar orders coming through ! Again - same procedure - I had to prove what I paid for them ... and even though replacements for faulty goods - I had to pay for each one ... as the old were not returned !! They regarded that as having separate goods.

Happy days !!

But in all fairness ... the above were exceptions that were flagged up by circumstances ... 99.99% of my items from HK International arrive with no C&E taxes or duties ... I pick them up from Post Office just like any other item.

Nigel
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife