HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2007, 08:09 PM
Fight On!
San Salvador, El Salvador
Joined May 2001
605 Posts
Discussion
Magazines for sailplane jocks?

There seems to be several general R/C magazines available. The Jet jocks have a couple as well. Are there any magazines that are strictly for sailplane and hotliner pilots?
mario alvarez is offline Find More Posts by mario alvarez
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:11 PM
more casual than stylish....
Joined Jan 2003
6,990 Posts
...I think youre there, actually. RCGroups is that hot setup. If you are willing to read back issues, the old "Sailplane Modeler" was great. It morphed into "Sailplane and Electric Modeler" then "Quiet Flier" or something...anyway, you can order back issues and the early content of Sailpane Modeler was amazing.
slopemeno is offline Find More Posts by slopemeno
Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:43 PM
Joined Jun 2004
222 Posts
Radio Control Soaring Digest is where it's at. There is no comparison.

http://www.rcsoaringdigest.com/
Riserflier is offline Find More Posts by Riserflier
Old Apr 14, 2007, 01:58 PM
United States, CO, Delta
Joined Oct 2005
495 Posts
Sailplane Mag

Hi Mario! Go to : Aufwind.de They are a German Magazine,absoutley wonderful for Glider Freaks and hotliners. Beautiful photos also. But only in German.Get on their Web Site you can at least look at the pictures. Paul
paul dufek is offline Find More Posts by paul dufek
Old Apr 14, 2007, 02:27 PM
Fight On!
San Salvador, El Salvador
Joined May 2001
605 Posts
Thanks. Its a shame there are few written english magazines. I remember Sailplane and Electric Modeler when it was mostly about sailplanes. I'm new to Scale Sailplanes having bought an 3M ASW 28. I've been flying mostly hotliners and EDF stuff and I just love the way sailplanes look.
mario alvarez is offline Find More Posts by mario alvarez
Old Apr 15, 2007, 08:51 AM
My other TX is a P4000.
USA, VA, Raphine
Joined Sep 2002
2,254 Posts
QFI (Quite Flight International) is also a good mag. It went electric, too, but if you can get old copies... they are excellent reading for RC sailplane pilots.

-joedy

RC Soaring Digest is about the only real name in town now. The internet ruined just about all of the print periodicals.
Joedy is offline Find More Posts by Joedy