New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2015, 12:02 PM
Find More Posts by flying jeep
Brownsburg, Indiana
Joined Aug 2005
1,059 Posts
Discussion
searching for my first "jet"

I've been thinking about an electric jet for some time. I have a foam U-2 with a fan that sounds and flies great, but a little slow like the real thing. And I had the GWS A-10 that was so underpowered it barely flew at all. I'm looking for something "scale-like", a little slow, and inexpensive. Maybe something like a 1950's trainer? Something with a straight wing? T-33? Cougar? I'm open to ideas.
Thanks,
Jay
flying jeep is offline Find More Posts by flying jeep
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2015, 08:12 PM
Find More Posts by kthadlee53
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Mar 2014
119 Posts
Sounds like the Freewing F9F PANTHER is what you are looking for. 64mm fan 3 cell 1600 to 2000 mah battery, easy to get into. Available from Motion RC. I wanted a sport plane for my first edf so I went with the Stinger 64. the foamy forum has lots of help.
kthadlee53 is offline Find More Posts by kthadlee53
Old Feb 23, 2015, 06:47 PM
Brownsburg, Indiana
Joined Aug 2005
1,059 Posts
Thanks! That Freewing F9F looks great. At the top end of my price range, but with a motor, fan, and ESC it's still a deal. Reading the reviews it looks like some had issues with the CG. Needs a pilot too. Love it though. Maybe I should order before my wife gets back from her business trip! Too bad I don't see one on Ebay for $20 bucks less.

Last night there was a Skyangel F9F I bid up pretty far and got sniped at the last second. Oh well, it was probably crap anyway.
Old Mar 02, 2015, 07:19 PM
Brownsburg, Indiana
Joined Aug 2005
1,059 Posts
Thanks guys! I can't believe it has everything but a receiver and battery. And I found an Orange receiver for $15 on ebay. Talk about a lot of bang for your buck!