New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2015, 04:49 AM
Find More Posts by BigTradioman
United Kingdom, Harpenden
Joined Oct 2009
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmHolt View Post

I don't really think that autogyros come under the remit of fixed wing aircraft but you should find enough in the book to point you in the right direction. If not, please pm me. I am always happy to help..

Ha ha your right there. Gyros are probably the ultimate test of R C IMHO. To build and fly!
BigTradioman is online now Find More Posts by BigTradioman
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2015, 08:14 AM
Find More Posts by Goody63
How close are those trees?
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripacheco View Post
Just curious ... Why u moved away from the Taranis? Most Taranis users I know are almost religious about the thing...
I think the move into Turbines.

No matter how good the rep is for the Taranis I found it hard to justify flying the most expensive model I'd ever owned with the cheapest radio system I've ever owned!

I'm sure the Taranis would have been fine bit I feel safer with Futaba.

Plus after 12 months of Taranis ownership and a week of Futaba, I already find the Futaba easier to program!!
Goody63 is offline Find More Posts by Goody63
Old Yesterday, 05:00 AM
Find More Posts by Singlin64
Joined Apr 2015
14 Posts
Is it possible to program a different Aileron differential for each separate condition?
Singlin64 is offline Find More Posts by Singlin64
Old Yesterday, 06:48 AM
Find More Posts by MalcolmHolt
Brighton UK
Joined Dec 2010
466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlin64 View Post
Is it possible to program a different Aileron differential for each separate condition?
Yes. In the Aileron Differential menu select each Condition in turn and enter the values of your choice. You can also set different fine tuning controls, modes and rates for each Condition if you wish.
MalcolmHolt is online now Find More Posts by MalcolmHolt
Old Yesterday, 09:37 AM
Find More Posts by DJI27
Open the bay doors... HAL
United States, OH, Mentor
Joined Jun 2013
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTradioman View Post
This is the best book I have come across for the 14SG. Unfortunately the author has not done an update for the latest firmware but the basics are well covered.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Futaba-14SG-...eywords=futaba
Thanks for the link BigTradioman...

This looks to be a Kindle book.... does the purchase price include a downloadable copy?

Must I use an app to read it on my pc and can I print out hard copy of selected pages?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm not a Kindle user...
DJI27 is online now Find More Posts by DJI27
Old Yesterday, 10:22 AM
Brighton UK
Joined Dec 2010
466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI27 View Post
Thanks for the link BigTradioman...

This looks to be a Kindle book.... does the purchase price include a downloadable copy?

Must I use an app to read it on my pc and can I print out hard copy of selected pages?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm not a Kindle user...
The purchase price allows you to download copies of the book to all devices which are linked to your Amazon account (Kindles, PCs, Macs, tablets, smartphones etc). The book is updated each time Futaba release a firmware upgrade and the revised version is available free of charge to existing owners of the book.

To read the book on any device other than a Kindle you need to use an App. These are available free from Amazon.

This is an e-book. There is no printed copy and no easy way to print selected sections.
Old Yesterday, 11:34 AM
Find More Posts by Singlin64
Joined Apr 2015
14 Posts
Thanks for that.
I will return my 10J and purchase the 14SG.
Singlin64 is offline Find More Posts by Singlin64
Old Yesterday, 01:18 PM
Find More Posts by tomsdk
RC expert
Denmark, North Denmark Region, Vestbjerg
Joined Jun 2013
172 Posts
Quote:
This is an e-book...
Awesome work to get a different angle from the Futaba manual. They should really sponsor you a radio Btw, are you into telemetry? I might sponsor you some units

Cheers, Thomas
tomsdk is offline Find More Posts by tomsdk
Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM
Brighton UK
Joined Dec 2010
466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsdk View Post
Awesome work to get a different angle from the Futaba manual. They should really sponsor you a radio Btw, are you into telemetry? I might sponsor you some units

Cheers, Thomas
Glad you find it helpful.

I have tinkered with telemetry for the sake of completeness when writing but have little use for it when flying. I mainly do I/C scale and aerobatics. Thanks anyway.
Old Yesterday, 10:51 PM
Find More Posts by Green Fuel Boy
Green Fuel Boy
United States, OR, Newberg
Joined Sep 2009
97 Posts
I have two 7008 receivers in my plane. I have one set to mode c to allow channel 9 through channel 16 to be used. I ran out of channels and needed a few extra for my electric starter and choke. I use HV servos so I could not use the SBD-1 cable because it is not high voltage. I ordered the Robbe Futaba SBD-4 expander from Germany but it takes a few weeks to come in. I am going to use dual receivers for a short term fix. I would like to know how close the receivers can be to each other with causing interference. I have them on opposite sides on my fuselage. One receiver has antennas pointing forward and the other is reversed with antennas pointing to the tail. Any advice would be great.
Green Fuel Boy is online now Find More Posts by Green Fuel Boy
Last edited by Green Fuel Boy; Yesterday at 10:58 PM.
Old Today, 12:40 AM
Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Team Futaba
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,000 Posts
I'd make sure that none of the 4 antennas parallel each other. In other words, pick 4 distinct different directions for them. Sounds like they are placed fine. So if I understand you correctly, you have used all 16 channels available using the servo ports on both receivers??
Silent-AV8R is online now Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Old Today, 01:10 AM
Find More Posts by Green Fuel Boy
Green Fuel Boy
United States, OR, Newberg
Joined Sep 2009
97 Posts
Yes I have all available channels that I can use. Mode A on receiver 1 and mode c on receiver 2. The with of the fuse is about 8 inches The receivers are on the left side and right side. They are facing in oposite directions with the antenna at 90 degrees. One antenna straight forward the other 90 degree. The other receiver antennas are facing toward the tail with the same 90 degree orientation. It looks good but I just thought I would throw it out there. This is my first dual set up.
Green Fuel Boy is online now Find More Posts by Green Fuel Boy
Old Today, 03:52 AM
Joined Oct 2009
770 Posts
Quote:
The purchase price allows you to download copies of the book to all devices which are linked to your Amazon account (Kindles, PCs, Macs, tablets, smartphones etc). The book is updated each time Futaba release a firmware upgrade and the revised version is available free of charge to existing owners of the book.

To read the book on any device other than a Kindle you need to use an App. These are available free from Amazon.

This is an e-book. There is no printed copy and no easy way to print selected sections.

Sorry to be a pain but I cannot find out how to get the book onto my iPad. I have a kindle and an Amazon acc. Any ideas?
Old Today, 04:08 AM
Brighton UK
Joined Dec 2010
466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTradioman View Post
Sorry to be a pain but I cannot find out how to get the book onto my iPad. I have a kindle and an Amazon acc. Any ideas?
Here is the link to the Amazon help page

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201244840
Old Today, 04:13 AM
Joined Oct 2009
770 Posts
Thanks Malcolm got it sorted. Just needed the kindle app.