HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:13 PM
RC FPVer
surf1punk's Avatar
United States, FL
Joined Nov 2011
486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtimtim View Post
At checkout

"Warning: Now Close to the Christmas,all parcel the delivery time may up to 1-2 months,even you select the EMS shipping method;maybe the DHL is good choice,just email to us if you like to use it."
I ordered a little over a week ago and it said the same thing, I requested DHL shipping and it made to the states in just 5 days for me. Not sure if closer to the New Year now it will be the same or not.
surf1punk is offline Find More Posts by surf1punk
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:23 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Aug 2011
770 Posts
Never mind
MASHTON is offline Find More Posts by MASHTON
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:43 PM
Registered User
United States, KY, Danville
Joined Jul 2007
100 Posts
What have you guys used to hold up the receiver antenna in an upright position? Is it true that the two parts of the antennas need to be at a 180 degree angle from one another? I'm having trouble understanding how to mount the receiver antenna. I see the pictures, but I see some that are vertical and some that are horizontal...? Which is correct?
Drifter99 is offline Find More Posts by Drifter99
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:53 PM
Registered User
Locko's Avatar
Australia, WA
Joined Oct 2011
557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter99 View Post
What have you guys used to hold up the receiver antenna in an upright position? Is it true that the two parts of the antennas need to be at a 180 degree angle from one another? I'm having trouble understanding how to mount the receiver antenna. I see the pictures, but I see some that are vertical and some that are horizontal...? Which is correct?
this works for me
Locko is offline Find More Posts by Locko
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:09 PM
Registered User
United States, KY, Danville
Joined Jul 2007
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locko View Post
this works for me
That is similar to my current plan. Thank you!

Also, do you power your receiver with a 3S battery? I was noticing that the specs say that it should be 5V. Does the ESC step the voltage down from a 3S battery?
Drifter99 is offline Find More Posts by Drifter99
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:26 AM
Registered User
blackjackr's Avatar
United States, AZ, Lake Havasu City
Joined Apr 2011
34 Posts
Yes is does usually about 5.5 or so.
blackjackr is offline Find More Posts by blackjackr
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:55 PM
RC FPVer
surf1punk's Avatar
United States, FL
Joined Nov 2011
486 Posts
Do I need both grounds coming out of the Tx module going into my TH9x remote? I only used the 1 ground, ppm and v+ and tested it at home and seemed fine. However, when I flew a test flight today I was losing connection at even less than 600 feet and I had to switch on high mode, and still lost connection under 800 feet.
surf1punk is offline Find More Posts by surf1punk
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:59 PM
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,853 Posts
A bad ground wouldn't affect your range. It would simply not work at all.
Most likely cause of extremely short range on UHF control systems is a broken
antenna (often where you can't see it), or a very Rf noisy flight camera.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:12 PM
RC FPVer
surf1punk's Avatar
United States, FL
Joined Nov 2011
486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
A bad ground wouldn't affect your range. It would simply not work at all.
Most likely cause of extremely short range on UHF control systems is a broken
antenna (often where you can't see it), or a very Rf noisy flight camera.

ian
Gotcha, well I don't think it's an issue with any of my onboard components such as a camera. I had the Rmilec on this plane previously and got over a mile with it, started hitting some limits with it, and chose this one instead. So the only thing that has changed is the UHF.

Where am I looking for a break or issue? On the receiver antenna, tx? I have the receiver antenna rear mounted vertically on the tail, and my Tx from the remote was also mounted vertically. I have 1 extension sma cable to get the Rx antenna all the way to the tail, but that's it. Whats the best way to narrow this down or troubleshoot it? Thanks,
surf1punk is offline Find More Posts by surf1punk
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:26 PM
RC FPVer
surf1punk's Avatar
United States, FL
Joined Nov 2011
486 Posts
I just did some more testing in micro power mode. With only 1 servo and the battery/esc plugged in, and the Rx plugged directly into the antenna - I was able to get maybe 10 feet before failsafe, and the controls responded very jittery after a few feet away. I got the same results with everything plugged in and on, video, camera etc. I then did a test on just normal low power mode. Plane was inside, and I walked outside with the ground station and Tx. I was around 10-30% RSSI just 10 feet outside the house, maybe 50 feet total and 3 walls between.

Does this sound like this shows something wrong? I mean obviously after my flight today and only getting 600 feet before failsafe, something is off. I looked at both the Tx and Rx, and nothing looks fried or lose, the SMA connections on both feel fine, so I kinda don't know what to do at this point. BTW these are brand new, and my first flight with it was today.
surf1punk is offline Find More Posts by surf1punk
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:32 PM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Pahang, Temerloh
Joined Nov 2011
2,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf1punk View Post
I just did some more testing in micro power mode. With only 1 servo and the battery/esc plugged in, and the Rx plugged directly into the antenna - I was able to get maybe 10 feet before failsafe, and the controls responded very jittery after a few feet away. I got the same results with everything plugged in and on, video, camera etc. I then did a test on just normal low power mode. Plane was inside, and I walked outside with the ground station and Tx. I was around 10-30% RSSI just 10 feet outside the house, maybe 50 feet total and 3 walls between.

Does this sound like this shows something wrong? I mean obviously after my flight today and only getting 600 feet before failsafe, something is off. I looked at both the Tx and Rx, and nothing looks fried or lose, the SMA connections on both feel fine, so I kinda don't know what to do at this point. BTW these are brand new, and my first flight with it was today.
10 feet in micro power mode and 1 servo are low i can get at least 20++ must be something wrong somewhere
skellator is online now Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:35 PM
FPV junkie
m_beeson's Avatar
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,391 Posts
can you post a picture of your receiver?

I would like to see a closeup of the sma elbow, looking straight down on it.

If you lay your receiver on a surface, and look straight down on it, then that is the angle that I am interrested in, with a closeup of the sma elbow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
10 feet in micro power mode and 1 servo are low i can get at least 20++ must be something wrong somewhere
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:55 PM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Pahang, Temerloh
Joined Nov 2011
2,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
can you post a picture of your receiver?

I would like to see a closeup of the sma elbow, looking straight down on it.

If you lay your receiver on a surface, and look straight down on it, then that is the angle that I am interrested in, with a closeup of the sma elbow.
why do you need this? I'm not the one having range problem or just to check on something? of yes i post the pics later
skellator is online now Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:57 PM
RC FPVer
surf1punk's Avatar
United States, FL
Joined Nov 2011
486 Posts
Sure here you go, 3 angles, shrink wrap is still on though.
surf1punk is offline Find More Posts by surf1punk
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:28 PM
FPV junkie
m_beeson's Avatar
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf1punk View Post
Sure here you go, 3 angles, shrink wrap is still on though.
I can't examine it as good as i would like, but i don't see any signs of the neck pulling out.

That was a real issue with the chainlink v2 receiver.

I'd say give your antennas a tiny snug to see if you can get a better connection.

if that doesn't do it, then I'd be looking at the receiver antenna first as the culprit.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yippee! DRAGON LINK UHF - Made in USA, Professional Grade, Fully Guaranteed. JettPilot FPV Equipment 34826 Today 11:21 AM
New Product ChainLink UHF Long Range System siim227 FPV Talk 2853 Jul 01, 2013 05:23 PM
New Product ChainLink--The new UHF narrow band long range system BEVRC FPV Talk 878 Jun 08, 2013 07:53 PM
New Product UHF Long range JR / Futaba module Hooks FPV Talk 18 Aug 13, 2012 06:46 AM
Sold [VDS]LRS thomas scherrer UHF + 2 receivers long range LTS49 FPV Equipment (FS/W) 8 Jul 22, 2011 04:55 PM