Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:44 PM
Find More Posts by BigSwedeFPV
Sweden, Halland County, Halmstad
Joined Sep 2013
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
+
The FAT32 file system limits files to a max. size of 4GB, but even if you use 64GB cards formatted with exFAT the camera will never record files larger than 4GB.
You can adjust the clip length by setting the 'Video Clip Length' parameter. The 'Max.' setting will create the longest clips possible, just under 4GB.
By continuous recording I assume you mean loop recording, which is not the same thing. There is no continuous recording setting as such.
If you enable loop recording you are limited to max. 5 min. clips. Loop recording will overwrite the oldest files when the disk becomes full. If you disable loop recording the camera will stop recording when the card is full. Whatever settings you use, the camera will always 'continuously' record clips, either until the card is full or the camera is turned off.
In short, if you want the largest clips possible (4GB) then disable loop recording and set the video clip length to max. One gigantic file of over 4GB is not possible because it's not supported by normal SD cards.
Thx Isoprop. But I have them all on max recording length. No loop. But I am thinking of this exfat. When I get a new sd card I always put in my laptop and format the memory. Is this wrong maybe? And I get some wrong kind of formatting? Because all my files on all three mobius is maximum 1.23 GB of length.. And I don't know why
BigSwedeFPV is offline Find More Posts by BigSwedeFPV
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2015, 03:09 PM
Find More Posts by Isoprop
Joined Nov 2010
2,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwedeFPV View Post
Thx Isoprop. But I have them all on max recording length. No loop. But I am thinking of this exfat. When I get a new sd card I always put in my laptop and format the memory. Is this wrong maybe? And I get some wrong kind of formatting? Because all my files on all three mobius is maximum 1.23 GB of length.. And I don't know why
You should always format your cards with the camera's built-in formatter. If you are using 64GB cards set the File System to FAT32. If your cards are 32GB or less you can also use SDFormatter. Using your laptop's formatter is not recommended.
If you still have problems create a SYSCFG.TXT file (see the manual how to do this) and post your file here for us to check. You can also copy/paste the contents.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Apr 29, 2015, 01:13 PM
Find More Posts by BigSwedeFPV
Sweden, Halland County, Halmstad
Joined Sep 2013
205 Posts
Thx Isoprop! You seem to know alot about sd cards. Are they normally formatted when you buy them new? Or do you have to get the software "SDFormatter" and format every sd memory I buy?
BigSwedeFPV is offline Find More Posts by BigSwedeFPV
Old Apr 29, 2015, 04:49 PM
Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
6,140 Posts
Save the Mobius!!! http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2403269
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 30, 2015, 02:33 AM
Find More Posts by Isoprop
Joined Nov 2010
2,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwedeFPV View Post
Thx Isoprop! You seem to know alot about sd cards. Are they normally formatted when you buy them new? Or do you have to get the software "SDFormatter" and format every sd memory I buy?
The cards are always pre-formatted. Tiny cards (for example 128MB) come formatted with FAT, but I don't think you can buy these any more, normal cards up to 32GB will be formatted with FAT32 and all cards which are larger than 32GB will come formatted with exFAT.
SDFormatter is free. Since it comes from the SD card association it won't format cards using an 'invalid' format, so there's no way you can format, say, a 64GB card with FAT32 or a 32GB card with exFAT. The in-camera formatter can do a better job here!
It's good practice to always first format your new cards with the built-in camera formatter. If you use 64GB cards and want to use loop recording then you should always format your card to FAT32.
In very rare cases a full format using SDFormatter can initially solve some problems, but I doubt it's the long-term solution. When a card starts acting up and an in-camera format doesn't solve the issue it's best to buy a new card.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old May 01, 2015, 04:51 PM
Find More Posts by wildflyer1de
I am flying wild :-)
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jan 2012
203 Posts
Mallorca FPV trip :-) ... with Mobius "Lens C"

Mallorca FPV holiday :-) (10 min 0 sec)
wildflyer1de is offline Find More Posts by wildflyer1de