Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 17, 2014, 01:36 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
I know this is the wrong forum but I wanted the guys that could use it to be able to see it.

V4 with Merlin, Double Wasp, etc. and 1 speaker. Works perfect.
$100 shipped plus $10 shipping
Paypal please
daylight99 is offline Find More Posts by daylight99
Last edited by daylight99; Jun 17, 2014 at 01:59 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2014, 04:00 PM
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
540 Posts
Hi Andrew!

Do U have an expected delivery date for the TT-25's??��
Reg Lasse
lassehellsten is offline Find More Posts by lassehellsten
Old Jun 30, 2014, 07:10 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lassehellsten View Post
Hi Andrew!

Do U have an expected delivery date for the TT-25's??��
Reg Lasse
As a matter of fact I do, and it is not as good as I would have hoped. Things were looking good for about July 10th, but as of today the situation changed some. Long story short, shipping issues from the manufacturer. As of today they are saying they will be in the US on or about July 15th. That means to me by about July 20th. I have to solder wires, and prepare packaging. So from my view, I show no earlier than July 25th.

I am taking precautions so that this never happens again, and I will always be in stock. I can't say for 100% it will never happen again, but I am doing everything I can to keep it from happening.

On a good note, the new shirts came in so those with pre-orders can expect the shirts to ship with the system order. They look awesome!

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 03, 2014, 10:06 AM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,466 Posts
gun lights help needed!!

Andrew or others..

I'm trying to connect a set of LED's on my 4.1 board but having a bit of an issue..
The LED is working but the LED is ON in the off position of the switch.
I've tried about all LED pin connection combos and this is as close as I come ( see video and pics below).
What am I doing wrong???

MrRCSound light issue (0 min 17 sec)

Any help would be appreciated...

Cheers,
D-Man
xxD-Manxx is offline Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Last edited by xxD-Manxx; Jul 03, 2014 at 10:17 AM.
Old Jul 03, 2014, 12:55 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,846 Posts
D-man,
What pins are you connecting to, and what sound chip do you have? From the picture it looks like it is the center pin and one outside, but I can't tell on the video. The two outside pins are the ones you want, so a servo wire end, using the 2 outside leads to the LED. The center pin would be on constantly.

Also, I did have an issue with a very few WWI chips a while back. A code problem that did not turn off the LED. Any chance you are using that, or is it the stock chip?

Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxD-Manxx View Post
Andrew or others..

I'm trying to connect a set of LED's on my 4.1 board but having a bit of an issue..
The LED is working but the LED is ON in the off position of the switch.
I've tried about all LED pin connection combos and this is as close as I come ( see video and pics below).
What am I doing wrong???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3p6J9sBf-U&

Any help would be appreciated...

Cheers,
D-Man
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 03, 2014, 08:34 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
D-man,
What pins are you connecting to, and what sound chip do you have? From the picture it looks like it is the center pin and one outside, but I can't tell on the video. The two outside pins are the ones you want, so a servo wire end, using the 2 outside leads to the LED. The center pin would be on constantly.

Also, I did have an issue with a very few WWI chips a while back. A code problem that did not turn off the LED. Any chance you are using that, or is it the stock chip?

Andrew
Woo Hoo... used the two outer pins and works great.

MrRCSound w/lights (0 min 19 sec)

Thanks Andrew!
D-Man
xxD-Manxx is offline Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Old Jul 03, 2014, 08:38 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxD-Manxx View Post
Woo Hoo... used the two outer pins and works great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJMODurE9T8

Thanks Andrew!
D-Man
Welcome!
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 13, 2014, 08:36 PM
Kentucky
Joined Jan 2011
40 Posts
Orange board LED

Hey Andrew,
I think I over drove my card today testing it in a new plane. I've got a V4 running off of a 6S battery. It ran fine numerous times, then I started to turn the volume up. Now when I power up the card, I get no plane announcement and the green LED lights for maybe a second, then the orange LED lights and stays on. Thoughts? Not looking for a warranty fix or anything like that, just what you think.

Thanks.
flynfish67 is offline Find More Posts by flynfish67
Old Jul 13, 2014, 10:13 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynfish67 View Post
Hey Andrew,
I think I over drove my card today testing it in a new plane. I've got a V4 running off of a 6S battery. It ran fine numerous times, then I started to turn the volume up. Now when I power up the card, I get no plane announcement and the green LED lights for maybe a second, then the orange LED lights and stays on. Thoughts? Not looking for a warranty fix or anything like that, just what you think.

Thanks.
The V4 should handle up to a 6S. To me it sounds more like RF which was an issue with the V4, that was fixed up with the 4.1. Do you have ferrite chokes on the speaker/transducer wires? That is the first place I would start. If you don't have chokes on them, they may fix it right up.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 15, 2014, 03:15 AM
Joined Jun 2014
17 Posts
Shutdown sound issues..

Looking for some advice on adjusting settings for my v4.1 sound system (with dual TT-25's) in my (otherwise stock) FMS P-51 v8.

First, the system SOUNDS awesome!! System is installed using just the components that came in the box - no RF chokes or anything like that. Start-up, throttle response, and auxiliary sounds all work great!

I'm using a Futaba 14SG radio system, throttle channel set to MOTOR settings, with motor enable/ start assigned to a rotary channel. The rotary channel does NOT affect the rpm - it just turns the motor on/off at the set throttle curve speed.

The throttle curve low end point is set to a fairly high idle (7%) to maintain the sound system at the "engine idle" setting without out going into the shutdown sequence. Low throttle stick does not stop the motor, and throttle trim is disabled.
(Default when using the MOTOR setting). The 7% is definitely higher than I would normally like to idle, but it is just low enough that the plane doesn't move.

Everything seems to sync up fine during initial start, taxiing, pre-takeoff checks etc., with no issues with the engine sounds. However, when the throttle is reduced to the low position at the end of the flight, such as when taxiing back to the pits, the sound system will prematurely switch into the shutdown sequence, and will cycle in & out of the sequence while taxiing.

Any suggestions for radio and/or installation adjustments that might help make for a more stable idle sound without cycling prematurely into the shutdown sequence?

Thanks!

Randy
Chief58D is offline Find More Posts by Chief58D
Old Jul 15, 2014, 03:38 PM
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief58D View Post
Looking for some advice on adjusting settings for my v4.1 sound system (with dual TT-25's) in my (otherwise stock) FMS P-51 v8.

First, the system SOUNDS awesome!! System is installed using just the components that came in the box - no RF chokes or anything like that. Start-up, throttle response, and auxiliary sounds all work great!

I'm using a Futaba 14SG radio system, throttle channel set to MOTOR settings, with motor enable/ start assigned to a rotary channel. The rotary channel does NOT affect the rpm - it just turns the motor on/off at the set throttle curve speed.

The throttle curve low end point is set to a fairly high idle (7%) to maintain the sound system at the "engine idle" setting without out going into the shutdown sequence. Low throttle stick does not stop the motor, and throttle trim is disabled.
(Default when using the MOTOR setting). The 7% is definitely higher than I would normally like to idle, but it is just low enough that the plane doesn't move.

Everything seems to sync up fine during initial start, taxiing, pre-takeoff checks etc., with no issues with the engine sounds. However, when the throttle is reduced to the low position at the end of the flight, such as when taxiing back to the pits, the sound system will prematurely switch into the shutdown sequence, and will cycle in & out of the sequence while taxiing.

Any suggestions for radio and/or installation adjustments that might help make for a more stable idle sound without cycling prematurely into the shutdown sequence?

Thanks!

Randy
Hi!

nowadays I´ve done it the easy way
1 set throttle stick and thr trim to lowest possible
2 arm esc then v4.1
3 trim up til startup begins continue til prop starts spinning and add some 3-4 extra clicks to prevent the on off problem
4 taxi before and after flight without problems
5 trim down to kill engine
cheers lasse
lassehellsten is offline Find More Posts by lassehellsten
Old Jul 15, 2014, 04:02 PM
Joined Jun 2014
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lassehellsten View Post
Hi!

nowadays I´ve done it the easy way
1 set throttle stick and thr trim to lowest possible
2 arm esc then v4.1
3 trim up til startup begins continue til prop starts spinning and add some 3-4 extra clicks to prevent the on off problem
4 taxi before and after flight without problems
5 trim down to kill engine
cheers lasse
I'll give that a try -
Thanks!

EDIT -
I finally wound up going with the channel mixing setup that Andrew recommended in his video.
So far, so good ~
The real test will be the flight at the airfield this weekend!
Chief58D is offline Find More Posts by Chief58D
Last edited by Chief58D; Jul 16, 2014 at 07:01 PM.