Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:40 PM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePara View Post
Sooo... the big question remains: was anyone able to load firmware directly through Mission Planner ?
Yep I did it on second attempt.. first load I had to do it through Ardnuino...as it failed on Mission Planner 1st time

Think it was my fault it failed on first attempt.. I unplugged another USB cable on the same hub duh...
Jumpy07 is offline Find More Posts by Jumpy07
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:56 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2010
706 Posts
Thanks for the reply Jumpy,your the man,Marty.
NEAGRON is offline Find More Posts by NEAGRON
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:00 PM
Australia, QLD, Gatton
Joined Jan 2007
927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePara View Post
Sooo... the big question remains: was anyone able to load firmware directly through Mission Planner ?
Yep, it worked fine for me.
danger_mouse is offline Find More Posts by danger_mouse
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:46 AM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
396 Posts
Rctimer are shipping plug and play cables for 3DR Radio's and GPS now with the APM 2.5 clone

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...8&productname=
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:53 PM
Australia, QLD, Gatton
Joined Jan 2007
927 Posts
Makes things a bit more convenient. Doesn't mention it on the combo pages yet. You can get the combo with a 433mhz data link now.

You got yours flying yet Jumpy? It has been very windy of late here, not much flying happening.
Last edited by danger_mouse; Nov 07, 2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:44 PM
United States, MI, Dearborn Heights
Joined Dec 2009
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpy07 View Post
Rctimer are shipping plug and play cables for 3DR Radio's and GPS now with the APM 2.5 clone

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...8&productname=
When I get this board in a few days, I'm going to try and hook it up to a CRIUS AIOP extend board (Lea-6 GPS and Xbee telemetry)...should be interesting.

Why do these boards come with all these different connectors, whats wrong with basic pin headers...is it idiot proofing so people dont fry the board??
RaySuave is offline Find More Posts by RaySuave
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:12 PM
Australia, QLD, Gatton
Joined Jan 2007
927 Posts
That should be pretty easy to hook up.

I agree, would much rather normal pin headers and plugs.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:54 PM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,300 Posts
Looking to learn more about these and wanted to know if there is some kind of step by step explanation on setup for the new guys?

My first quad is a NAZA F450 with GPS. I'm comfortable setting it up and flying but as everyone knows it does not have waypoint capability.

Looking to build another quad and want to learn about different controllers.
Mike Freas is online now Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:48 PM
United States, OH, South Lebanon
Joined Jul 2005
157 Posts
Arducopter Wiki: http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/...rduCopter?tm=6

Arduplane Wiki: http://code.google.com/p/ardupilot-mega/wiki/home?tm=6
TimJC is online now Find More Posts by TimJC
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:18 AM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySuave View Post
When I get this board in a few days, I'm going to try and hook it up to a CRIUS AIOP extend board (Lea-6 GPS and Xbee telemetry)...should be interesting.
Should work ok, the Crius extend board connector extends S1, S2 & S3 to the board... you will to make a cable from the serial on the Telemetry Port and the Serial from the GPS port on the APM to the extend port.. (S2 GPS and S3 Telemetry)
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:20 AM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas View Post
Looking to learn more about these and wanted to know if there is some kind of step by step explanation on setup for the new guys?

My first quad is a NAZA F450 with GPS. I'm comfortable setting it up and flying but as everyone knows it does not have waypoint capability.

Looking to build another quad and want to learn about different controllers.
I am working in a guide for the APM 2.5 and clones similar to what I did for the .. ......Crius.. I know the info is available.. but would like to make a single guide specifically for the APM 2.5 for Arducopter for Multis.. watch this space...
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:51 AM
KK4NZS
Virginia
Joined Sep 2006
1,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpy07 View Post
I am working in a guide for the APM 2.5 and clones similar to what I did for the .. ......Crius.. I know the info is available.. but would like to make a single guide specifically for the APM 2.5 for Arducopter for Multis.. watch this space...
That would be Fantastic I was actually wondering if both crius pro and the apm2 are able to load the ardupilot software..

Has anyone flown yet?
Nelapaty is online now Find More Posts by Nelapaty
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:53 AM
Joined Mar 2010
706 Posts
Morning jumpy,I would like to say A very big thank you for takeing the time and trouble to write a guide for the APM,if its as good as the AIOP one it will make life very easy for us dumplings,once again many thanks,Marty.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:31 AM
Australia, QLD, Gatton
Joined Jan 2007
927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelapaty View Post
Has anyone flown yet?
I had another flight with mine this evening. I've only had a couple of flights with it so far due to wind. Flies quite well on stock settings, position hold works great. Was my first night flight, looks cool lit up with LED's.

Forecast looks better for the next few days so hoping to do a bit of test and tune.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:16 AM
Joined Mar 2010
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger_mouse View Post
I had another flight with mine this evening. I've only had a couple of flights with it so far due to wind. Flies quite well on stock settings, position hold works great. Was my first night flight, looks cool lit up with LED's.

Forecast looks better for the next few days so hoping to do a bit of test and tune.
Thats very encouarageing,what GPS are you useing,look forward to further reports of your progress,Marty.