SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 03, 2014, 12:53 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pik As View Post
Any news about the Ju 88?
With the new TT-25 trancducers, I guess you could get 4 in there!
I have not heard anything lately. I will have to check and see what is up.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2014, 05:19 PM
United States, FL, Lakeland
Joined Oct 2009
280 Posts
Has anyone placed a TT-25"speaker" in a parkzone F4u-1a.??. any suggestions are welcome. Its a lot of weight to place rearward in the fuselage...even behind the trailing edge..I awaite your suggestion...Tks
Aeroplanecolt is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplanecolt
Old May 03, 2014, 05:26 PM
Joined Oct 2009
280 Posts
MrRCsound...would mounting the tt-25 on the wing center section work???May have to remove some foam and place the sound board in the forward top battery cover.. Is there a smaller "speaker"that could be used???
Old May 03, 2014, 05:28 PM
Joined Oct 2009
280 Posts
Back to "TOP GUN" Sunday..
Old May 03, 2014, 05:31 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplanecolt View Post
Back to "TOP GUN" Sunday..
I am not too familiar with the Parkzone plane. It may work in the center.

Randy and Jason from Randy RC Planes, one of my resellers is at Top Gun this week. Stop by the booth, I am sure they would be willing to give you some pointers. They have mounted quite a few, and have systems and planes with systems for sale there.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 11, 2014, 09:21 AM
Joined Jun 2007
37 Posts
Not Quite Ready For Prime Time

(I copied this from a post i just made at another area-it would be more appropriate posted here). I had my first real time test of the 4.1 sound card and 2 TT-25 sound transducers yesterday. I hated to cut any foam away from inside the FMS 1700mm Corsair, so, I put one transducer at a good place inside the fuselage main cavity and the other up front near the motor. Sound wasn't too bad, but, here's the problem I ran in to. Doing a a landing approach, I often will cut the throttle completely off. That throws the sound card's processor into thinking it's time to go into the shut down sequence. If I then plan to land or go around, things sound really awful with the sound card trying to figure out what the h*** I'm doing. To me, that ended it with any attempt to make things work out with the card and I am in the process of removing it and it's now up for sale along with the transducers for a very attractive price. There was one shining light, however, which still makes me break out laughing along with the other 20 or so people who were at the field. The spectators were already expressing their doubts about my experiment with the card, and, I knew the loud voice at startup announcing, "CLEAR!!" still worked very well and was very easy to understand, sooo, as I made high and low passes across runway center, I would hit the "CLEAR!!" Button. Everyone laughed so hard at the Corsair, and, my eyes watered up so much, I was afraid my final approach would result in a garbage bag of foam, but, I managed to land albeit a bit bouncy. That's my synopsis and I'm schticking to it. PM ME FOR A GREAT DEAL.
Ted61 is offline Find More Posts by Ted61
Old Aug 11, 2014, 09:49 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted61 View Post
(I copied this from a post i just made at another area-it would be more appropriate posted here). I had my first real time test of the 4.1 sound card and 2 TT-25 sound transducers yesterday. I hated to cut any foam away from inside the FMS 1700mm Corsair, so, I put one transducer at a good place inside the fuselage main cavity and the other up front near the motor. Sound wasn't too bad, but, here's the problem I ran in to. Doing a a landing approach, I often will cut the throttle completely off. That throws the sound card's processor into thinking it's time to go into the shut down sequence. If I then plan to land or go around, things sound really awful with the sound card trying to figure out what the h*** I'm doing. To me, that ended it with any attempt to make things work out with the card and I am in the process of removing it and it's now up for sale along with the transducers for a very attractive price. There was one shining light, however, which still makes me break out laughing along with the other 20 or so people who were at the field. The spectators were already expressing their doubts about my experiment with the card, and, I knew the loud voice at startup announcing, "CLEAR!!" still worked very well and was very easy to understand, sooo, as I made high and low passes across runway center, I would hit the "CLEAR!!" Button. Everyone laughed so hard at the Corsair, and, my eyes watered up so much, I was afraid my final approach would result in a garbage bag of foam, but, I managed to land albeit a bit bouncy. That's my synopsis and I'm schticking to it. PM ME FOR A GREAT DEAL.
Hi Ted,
I am sorry for your dissatisfaction. As everyone here knows I am willing to give full refunds to any completely unsatisfied customers upon return of the sound unit.
Before we get to that point, let's address the issue at hand. The issue that you are seeing and hearing is common, and can be easily compensated for. When the sound card is initialized it locates the low throttle point at which the sound starts and stops. If you use the throttle stick only, it will start with movement up, and then enter the shut down sound when the throttle is brought back to the low position. This could result in the shut down playing on approach, which indeed would be awkward.

The easiest way to avoid this is with a little throttle trim. After the start up sound, a few ticks up of the throttle trim, should keep it from entering the shutdown sound on approach, and after landing clicks down on the throttle will trigger the shutdown point. Alternately, you could throttle trim up, allowing the startup sound to start, and moving the throttle stick to start the motor at the same time. The net result is the same, allowing the trim to be up slightly so it will never hit the shutdown point accidentally.

I am moving this over to the main thread here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1900459

There are a lot of helpful and happy customers there that would be willing to share information as well. If all else fails, and you are truly unhappy with the system, I will give you a full refund, minus the shipping. Customer satisfaction is my priority.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 11, 2014, 12:21 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,978 Posts
Ted,
I responded on the V4 thread. I use the throttle trim and throttle cut with great success. I can time the startup and shutdown very easily, and I NEVER get a motor shutdown or idle system error. Never.

I hope you hang in there to iron out the kinks, because it is very easy to do, and adds a tremedous feature to your scale experience. When I fly my little foamies with sound, it really turns heads at the flying field.

Dont give up!
tclaridge is online now Find More Posts by tclaridge
Old Nov 04, 2014, 02:04 PM
United Kingdom, England, Worksop
Joined May 2011
195 Posts
Sea Fury sound

i have the WW2 pack chip as i wanted the Sea Fury motor, the only problem is it seems to be just on tick over at full throttle, the other 5 sounds throttle up no problem......

running in a Balsa Blackhorse Sea Fury with Electric conversion.

Kev
madbadger is offline Find More Posts by madbadger