HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:01 PM
United States, TX, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2011
215 Posts
thanks guys for the info I guess i'll start looking around for the APM and Pixhawk.

I may have a bad board I get rx flash but tx flash at the usb (cirus)

thanks any way for the help and suggestion

Pixhawk px4 2.4.5 32 bit ARM Flight Controller w/ Led 7M GPS PPM I2C 3DR 915MHZ
I have read the the 32bit is better computing power this is just about $200 sounds right to you all?
sonnier00 is offline Find More Posts by sonnier00
Last edited by sonnier00; Dec 14, 2014 at 10:20 PM. Reason: ad mour info
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2014, 06:20 AM
Bleriot's R Us
Ireland, Donegal
Joined Nov 2003
1,178 Posts
You dont need a pixhawk, I would get a APM first unless you are planning on building a very big quad or octacopter it is not needed
xairflyer is online now Find More Posts by xairflyer
Old Dec 15, 2014, 07:12 AM
Fix it till its broke!
United Kingdom, Scotland, North Ayrshire
Joined Feb 2010
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlib17 View Post
APM clone have only ONE advantage - software compatibility.
Rest of stuff you posted is simply false: APM and Crius use almost identical ICs. Boards are of cause different, APM have dataflash and pin layouts are not the same. But - it's almost same MCU and same sensors. That's why mpng was possible in a first place.

The apm and Crius almost use the same sensors but how they are connected is different, apm uses spi and Crius uses I2c, I2c uses much more cpu than spi and the missing ppm encoder chip adds to the cpu load since its being done on the main 2560 chip instead of an extra ATmega32u2.

This is why the Crius boards need their own HAL because the hard ware is too different.

Also apm is more than enough unless your flying an octocopter
geofrancis is offline Find More Posts by geofrancis
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:01 AM
Israel, Haifa
Joined Mar 2014
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofrancis View Post
The apm and Crius almost use the same sensors but how they are connected is different, apm uses spi and Crius uses I2c, I2c uses much more cpu than spi and the missing ppm encoder chip adds to the cpu load since its being done on the main 2560 chip instead of an extra ATmega32u2.

This is why the Crius boards need their own HAL because the hard ware is too different.
Wrong again. Both i2c and spi are implemented in hardware, so CPU load same for both. ppm is _also_ done in HW on both. Pinout is different thus another Hal.
Xlib17 is offline Find More Posts by Xlib17