HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2011, 05:30 PM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
17,131 Posts
Abused was the term to describe the 1/2 way point in their life in the Beast!!!! After what they went through I am surprised the SPCA has not come after me.

Linkages are all silky smooth on the tail.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2011, 06:15 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,850 Posts
IME, using HS55s in anything needing precise adjustment is sketchy at best. But as always, ymmv...
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Jan 31, 2011, 06:27 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,311 Posts
FWIW, I recall a discussion where "the best servo for each surface" was discussed. It was found that the 285 wasn't the "best" for both tail surfaces; I think it was found that there was a potential to save a few grams of weight, and a little space by using some other servo. (I can't recall what the other servo was, though.)

It was pointed out that, in the event of a servo failure, it's easier to keep just one kind of servo on hand for replacements, instead of needing a spare of each type.

Any future builds will have either 285s, for full sized DLGS, or Dymonds for minis, so I can run 2S without a regulator.
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Jan 31, 2011, 06:27 PM
Joined May 2002
17,131 Posts
Your sketchy..........

How about HS-55 that have been in AP/FPV combat?????

I ordered 3 JR's just for the have a spare reason. And trust me, these servos will be plenty good for my thumbs. Much better than my 15 point HS-55's
Old Jan 31, 2011, 06:29 PM
Always Twirling for Freedom!
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch View Post
IME, using HS55s in anything needing precise adjustment is sketchy at best. But as always, ymmv...
Quote:
Jon, I have used HS55's in my DLG's for years without problems with trim resolution.
OOOOOOh, watch Finch pick a fight with AD... (Knew I'd find a use for that popcorn guy...)
Extremeace is offline Find More Posts by Extremeace
Last edited by Extremeace; Jan 31, 2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 06:33 PM
Joined May 2002
17,131 Posts
Oh Yeah Finch also said AD was PHAT!!!!!!

AD said Finch was PHATTER!!!!!!!!!

Lets get it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only one way to settle this. Lets all meet for a lunch flip off @ 1700 South on the warmest day scheduled for next week.

Plus your PHAT!!!!!!!!!!! Sukka!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 31, 2011, 06:47 PM
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
Oh Yeah Finch also said AD was PHAT!!!!!!

AD said Finch was PHATTER!!!!!!!!!

Lets get it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only one way to settle this. Lets all meet for a lunch flip off @ 1700 South on the warmest day scheduled for next week.

Plus your PHAT!!!!!!!!!!! Sukka!!!!!!!!!!
Yer on donkey kong! Vandal RX should be here by Thurs.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 07:52 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Salonit RX finally showed up today. I still don't have a peg in it though. I'm not real happy with the rudder deflection on the spring side. RX is installed along with my first ever switchjack .

I stopped by Barnes Park today to test repairs and new blade install on the Epona. It was blowing 8~15 outta the N. with fits of icy snow coming down. Yeah I got out and threw anyway. As I was checking things over 3 20 somethings pulled up so the ring leader could fly his 450 heli. I asked a few questions as he was setting up, one had to do with the wind. He said it didn't make much difference on the heli . I watched him take off and do a flip, he promptly landed and said "wow guess the wind does make a difference". Luckily I did a pre flight and found out I hadn't plugged the wing connector in . I bummed a Phillips from the heli guy and fixed the problem. They watched me throw a couple times (that's all I could stand ). They were pretty amazed by the glider but they didn't stick around to talk, not that I blame them, it was cold!
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:42 PM
Joined May 2002
17,131 Posts
Jim can you make the flipoff @ 1700 S next week sometime? Does that location work for everyone? Its 20 minutes from Draper so its a stretch for me, but doable, if my eyes are real bad that day.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:49 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Depends on the day, I'm a single dad for the next 2 weeks. I would have a two yo with me if I did come down.
Old Feb 01, 2011, 05:15 PM
Jeremy D Stott
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,822 Posts
Used Stobel

Hey Guys,

Help me keep an eye out for a good condition used Stobel V2 or V3. I'd like as good of a deal as Mike got, but... Who knows? It can't be structurally damaged, just used. Maybe there's a pro out there needing something a bit newer and needs to discard of some old stuff.

Thanks,
J
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj
Old Feb 01, 2011, 05:45 PM
Joined May 2002
17,131 Posts
Um yeah I am all over it J. But if I find a great deal I will let you know after "I" buy it......
Old Feb 01, 2011, 05:51 PM
Jeremy D Stott
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,822 Posts
... I knew this would happen... Dogs... Ravenous dogs.
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj
Old Feb 01, 2011, 07:14 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
Um yeah I am all over it J. But if I find a great deal I will let you know after "I" buy it......
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingj View Post
... I knew this would happen... Dogs... Ravenous dogs.
Haha, now there's some competition for buying, I love it. From the guy who we had to practically beg to buy a DLG .

Here is my SALonit sitting on my new DLG tuning stand. I threw it together today and hope it works out well. I'm thinking I need to add some padding in the V's and on the wing stands. It's fully adjustable and breaks down for transport.
Old Feb 01, 2011, 07:22 PM
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky View Post
Here is my SALonit sitting on my new DLG tuning stand. I threw it together today and hope it works out well. I'm thinking I need to add some padding in the V's and on the wing stands. It's fully adjustable and breaks down for transport.
Pretty dang sweet brah!!! I'm sure you kept the measurements, right?