HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by LukeZ, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:34 PM
The Hun in the Sun
Canada, BC, Comox
Joined Nov 2003
7,441 Posts
I don't think I'm asking for too much.
vonJaerschky is online now Find More Posts by vonJaerschky
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2014, 01:21 AM
Joined May 2001
2,950 Posts
That looks like the kind of thing Mike will fly all his airplanes into.
LukeZ is offline Find More Posts by LukeZ
Old Oct 12, 2014, 03:41 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
Christchurch,England
Joined Aug 2004
2,665 Posts
Let's get this thread back on track, or the moderator will be after us. Oh Lord, LukeZ is the moderator

Here's a picture of my Ivan's Auster Aiglet, modified in this instance to be a MkVI of the RNZAF. The pilot was notoriously short-sighted - in fact you might have to put your glasses on the see the tail assembly.

It was recovered by the BIMBs, repaired, flown for a few months and crashed again, then rebuilt into an AOP6 in which guise it is approaching its 75th flight.
Sopwith Mike is offline Find More Posts by Sopwith Mike
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:39 PM
Joined May 2001
2,950 Posts
The spring event has been announced! It will be hosted by the newly-formed Chilliwack Electric Flyers club at the new location we have been discussing (Skway Lake Air Park). Ivan is the Safety Officer for the new club in case I accuse myself of getting off-topic!

As with every year, the event has its own dedicated thread: Chilliwack Electric FlyIn 2015

Dates are May 22 through May 25, 2015.

CEF also has a club website you can check out: Chilliwack Electric Flyers.
LukeZ is offline Find More Posts by LukeZ
Old Today, 11:48 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
Christchurch,England
Joined Aug 2004
2,665 Posts
Ivan has been as active as usual, and cadged a ride in a Quest Kodiak out of Abbotsford. He said

"Today I checked out the strip. The grass is getting green. It hasnít all been washed away yet.

The rest of the photos were taken on a flight around the valley in a Quest Kodiak this afternoon. The second picture shows our old ISLAND 22 POND. You will pick it up from the nearby boat ramp in bottom right corner. The third and fourth pics show SKWAY LAKE, long and slim at the toe of Chilliwack Mountain where Hal lives. The flight was out of Abbotsford. Surprising how many Air Tractor FIRE BOSS amphibious water bombers CONAIR has there now. That was only some of them in the last picture.

Rod Swanson and I are thinking the Quest would make for a nice model. I like the STOL leading edge cuff, straight lines, long nose that gives a lengthy wheel base. The plane has an impressive performance; carries ten people, takes off at max weight in under 1,000 feet, and will cruise at 200 mph. A number have gone to Papua New Guinea and the ferry flights across the Pacific have gone like clockwork. They are built in the USA North West.

He has set me a challenge...after his comments as to how good the Kodiak would be as a scale model I suggested he design and build one, but he has passed on the suggestion and bounced it back.

He says "If you decide to do a plan of the Kodiak, maybe I donít have to live long enough to do it. My impression of it yesterday is that it is a single engine version of a Twin Otter, but the cruise speed of the Kodiak is 27 mph faster than the Twotter. So much for 45 years of progress in design.

Time for my breakfast.

Ivan
Sopwith Mike is offline Find More Posts by Sopwith Mike