SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 11, 2013, 01:08 PM
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Apr 2012
616 Posts
Question
making flaps work

The AC is a Parkzone F4U with retracts and flaps.
The problem: making the flap servos work.

The Tx is DX8
Rx is AS500

Question: will the Spektrum 500 support the flaps through the AUX channel?
The servos operate one at a time when plugged into the gear channel.

But, when that working servo is plugged into the 500's AUX-nothing.

I went back into the TX (wing) setup setting the configuration to 1 aileron/ 1 flap switch because I'm using "y" harnesses.

The Tx (DX8's) flap switch doesn't make the flap servo work. AUX 2-nothing. AUX 3-NOTHING.

The Tx's switch window has FLAP enabled.

Need help with this one.
Thanks.
Jerry
wyldrydes2 is offline Find More Posts by wyldrydes2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2013, 03:10 AM
Joined Jun 2013
9 Posts
Hi,

I have had the same issue with my Parkfun Fusion (where I wanted to use flaps as well).
I use a DX6i, but I think the menu's are almost the same.

WHat you nee dto turn on is the mixingfunction, then connect one servo to the aileron, the other to the aux-channel.

If all goes well, you should be able to use the flaps by pulling the lever on the top of the remote.

Kind regards,

ADHDWald
ADHDWald is offline Find More Posts by ADHDWald
Old Jun 27, 2013, 09:04 PM
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Apr 2012
616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDWald View Post
Hi,

I have had the same issue with my Parkfun Fusion (where I wanted to use flaps as well).
I use a DX6i, but I think the menu's are almost the same.

WHat you nee dto turn on is the mixingfunction, then connect one servo to the aileron, the other to the aux-channel.

If all goes well, you should be able to use the flaps by pulling the lever on the top of the remote.

Kind regards,

ADHDWald
Thanks. Roger that!
I fiddled around today with the F4U's flaps. I got them working with the DX8 flap switch somehow. Then I tried adjusting the speed. Very very cool. And, I mixed in up elevator as the flaps come down. Plan to test at crash3 altitude...if you know what i mean?! (:
wyldrydes2 is offline Find More Posts by wyldrydes2
Old Jun 27, 2013, 09:24 PM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldrydes2 View Post
And, I mixed in up elevator as the flaps come down. (:
I'm fairly certain you will need some down elevator trim when the flaps are deployed. At least that's how it works on my DLG. Worked that way too when I was flying a full scale Cherokee.

Ken
kenh3497 is online now Find More Posts by kenh3497