HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2013, 04:58 PM
buy, crash, save...
United States, MS
Joined Feb 2013
189 Posts
Question
what boat should i get

Hi, Im new to rc boats and am looking for one. I would like a fairly big one(at least 40 inches) that I can run on 6s lipo (probably 2x3s). I have a very large golf course lake near me and need it too be very manuverable as to turn at the end of the pond/lake. I am here to ask suggestions on what boat to get at a moderate price.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Icero is offline Find More Posts by Icero
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2013, 05:16 PM
buy, crash, save...
United States, MS
Joined Feb 2013
189 Posts
oh, i forgot something- i would perfer a kit, and a fibergalss one too.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:51 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,902 Posts
40" on 6s is pushing it, that power system would be happier in something in the 34-36" range.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:47 PM
buy, crash, save...
United States, MS
Joined Feb 2013
189 Posts
forget the 6s limit then...
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:31 PM
Joined Apr 2012
280 Posts
Cat: 41" Fantasm:
Keith Bradley Boats Fantasm (1 min 23 sec)

Mono: 41" Delta Force:
Delta Force 40 copy Neu 2215 (0 min 39 sec)

You are looking for a boat you can build, correct? Not a rtr?
Pseudonym is offline Find More Posts by Pseudonym
Old Mar 05, 2013, 05:17 PM
buy, crash, save...
United States, MS
Joined Feb 2013
189 Posts
either or
Old Mar 05, 2013, 06:38 PM
Joined Apr 2012
280 Posts
I would reccomend the two I posted if you want to build your own. The Fantasm is in my opinion one of the best all-around cat hulls out, and the DF 41" hull can carve up a lake like nobody's business.
As far as RTRs, there would be better people to advise you than me. I haven't had a RTR in a while.

The most important factor here is probably budget. A RTR is definitely going to be cheaper than a quality boat you build yourself, but your expectations should be relative to what you spend. For a very first boat, I would personally reccomend a RTR. You can learn with a RTR and decide if you want to build something more advanced later on.
Pseudonym is offline Find More Posts by Pseudonym
Old Mar 08, 2013, 04:32 AM
Joined Feb 2013
121 Posts
Radio Control (RC) boats are a hobby fans young and old to enjoy boating. Sailboats, motorboats and warships are just some of the many designs of fans enjoy RC boats. These boats are powered by electric motors, gasoline engines and even wind power. However, despite all these differences, RC boats fiberglass or plastic, it all starts with a boat mold.You should get the "Radio Control Boat With Cooling System Dolphin".It is very easy to run and durable also.

Regards.
Andy.
Andy789 is offline Find More Posts by Andy789
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:12 AM
United States, OH, Celina
Joined Aug 2007
44 Posts
Highly recommend SV27. Great beginners boat, but fast enough to be interesting. Also often available used complete for under $200 on eBay. Just make sure you regularly grease the shaft and tape the hatch before running, as the hatch gasket is about worthless. Fiberglass hull. I hit the rocks at high speed when a servo stripped. 10 minutes later I was running it with duct tape over the crack in the bow and then repared the damage at home with JB Weld. Still going strong after two years of use and abuse. Also, many clubs race the SV as a one design.
lwahls1 is offline Find More Posts by lwahls1
Old Mar 09, 2013, 10:03 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icero View Post
Hi, Im new to rc boats and am looking for one. I would like a fairly big one(at least 40 inches) that I can run on 6s lipo (probably 2x3s). I have a very large golf course lake near me and need it too be very manuverable as to turn at the end of the pond/lake. I am here to ask suggestions on what boat to get at a moderate price.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
If your new I would suggest something smaller to start with cuz if you want 6s you will want to run 6s2p..

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...bl-rtr-PRB4150

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...tr-v2-PRB4100B

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...tr-v2-PRB4250B

http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats...t30/index.html

http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats...rew/index.html
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Mar 17, 2013, 09:01 AM
United States, MI, Allegan
Joined Aug 2012
714 Posts
At :20 and :28 in the at first video you can see my float plane on the right side of the frame. Check it out.
TimmyC is offline Find More Posts by TimmyC