HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 03:05 PM
Balsa&Tissue
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Jan 2011
2,625 Posts
I have looked through past threads for an answer but couldn't find one that applied. I am using channel 4 for rudder and channel 7 (Aux1) for nose steering so I can trim the ground tracking on "LD" without screwing up rudder trim.

How do I make the nose steering servo stay centered when the gear is up (effectively disabled until the gear goes down)?

Thanks,

Dave
payne9999 is online now Find More Posts by payne9999
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 03:11 PM
RV7guy
Chandler, AZ
Joined May 2004
410 Posts
Mechanical

Quote:
Originally Posted by payne9999 View Post
I have looked through past threads for an answer but couldn't find one that applied. I am using channel 4 for rudder and channel 7 (Aux1) for nose steering so I can trim the ground tracking on "LD" without screwing up rudder trim.

How do I make the nose steering servo stay centered when the gear is up (effectively disabled until the gear goes down)?

Thanks,

Dave
The dial is mechanical so where ever it is set is where it will stay. You'll have to center it before or after gear retraction at the center point on the dial.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler, AZ
Team Futaba
dnbarrie11 is offline Find More Posts by dnbarrie11
Old Today, 03:22 PM
Balsa&Tissue
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Jan 2011
2,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnbarrie11 View Post
The dial is mechanical so where ever it is set is where it will stay. You'll have to center it before or after gear retraction at the center point on the dial.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler, AZ
Team Futaba
I forgot to say my Aux1 nose steering is mixed to rudder so I can steer on the ground. The LD is to trim the plane straight on the ground. My problem is how do I disable nose steering while the gear is up?

Maybe I need to set the gear switch to turn off the rudder-aux1 mix???

Thanks,

Dave
payne9999 is online now Find More Posts by payne9999
Old Today, 03:54 PM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by payne9999 View Post
. . .

Maybe I need to set the gear switch to turn off the rudder-aux1 mix???

Thanks,

Dave
That's exactly what you need to do.

Ivan
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member