SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:07 AM
United States, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Nov 2008
80 Posts
Question
RC Lander CMP T-45 retracts. Are they worth the price?

Is there anyone that can offer an opinion regarding the RC Lander Large Scale
Electric Retract Landing Gear Designed for CMP T-45 EDF Jet. The set I am looking at is sold through Park RC Models for $160. Are they worth the high price? Do they have the durability to traverse short grass fields? Are there other sets on the market that give you more bang for the buck?

http://parkrcmodels.com/product_info...roducts_id=873
Quentus is offline Find More Posts by Quentus
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:08 AM
United States, NY, Queens County
Joined Jun 2007
1,172 Posts
no they are certainly not worth it...and they will not hold up on a grass field.
kremecheze is offline Find More Posts by kremecheze
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:38 AM
Nederland, NB, Waalwijk
Joined Sep 2006
236 Posts
I still have a set of Hobbyking retracts they sell for their BEA Hawk (same model as the T45)
I could not take off from grass with them so I removed them from the plane.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19949
If those Landers have the same size wheels then I would not use them on grass.
These look remarkably like the lander set:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=21161
MrBlobby is offline Find More Posts by MrBlobby
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:51 AM
My Lipo is Bigger than Yours!
Chesterfield,Missouri
Joined Sep 2003
495 Posts
Had a set and not made for much over a 5lb model and that might be pushing it.Sold mine.
gjmjoe017 is offline Find More Posts by gjmjoe017
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:17 PM
United States, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Nov 2008
80 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. I was suspicious when I did a search on Google for any reviews and found none particular to this set. Not that "no news is bad news", but I would have expected "more" people to have purchased them and had an opinion based on the high price and what one would think are a solid set of retracts. The CMP T-45 is a big jet and these appeared to be the answer given their price (i.e., higher price = better materials and construction). I know that such a belief or hope can get one into trouble, thus I thought I would ask the RC jet community. I'm beginning to feel as though one must fly at an organized and well-constructed club (with a paved runway) if you are to fly these composite jets with their gear up. I just would have assumed someone would be offering a solid, strong and dependable set for those who take off from short grass fields and can affford the higher price.

What about paved runways? Are they dependable; solid in their design and craftmanship to offer continuous flights off of pavement?
Quentus is offline Find More Posts by Quentus
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:58 PM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
998 Posts
RC Lander Large Scale Retracts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentus View Post
Is there anyone that can offer an opinion regarding the RC Lander Large Scale
Electric Retract Landing Gear Designed for CMP T-45 EDF Jet. The set I am looking at is sold through Park RC Models for $160. Are they worth the high price? Do they have the durability to traverse short grass fields? Are there other sets on the market that give you more bang for the buck?

http://parkrcmodels.com/product_info...roducts_id=873
Wheels on the CMP T-45 Retract Strut Set by RCLander are to small for grass fields. The Latest version of the Large Metal Retract Unit is used in the RCLander T-33 and has had excellent response from our buyers for this larger aircraft. Make sure your dealer will service any factory defects directly on any of the RCLander Retract Units and not ask you to ship DOA or Factory Defect Back to the Factory in China.

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:27 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,721 Posts
Are the trunnions on the retracts not being held up by the push\pull bar?

I've been using them in a 15lbs F120 on multiple hard landings and they seem like the only thing to hold up for the price...haven't been much impressed with anything else
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771