SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:40 AM
Joined Aug 2012
31 Posts
Living Manual?

I don’t know about anyone else but I’m having a hard time deciphering from the manual the correct setup/init procedures to insure that I have covered all the bases setting up the YS-X6 properly. As an example the compass calibration took me a while to figure out so that is why I wrote up a procedure.

Maybe we could post an editable version of the manual somewhere and those who wanted could put in the various procedures for performing certain functions and how to know when it is done properly?

Such as
1) When do I use the Zero Gyro function? How do I know it was successful?
2) Same with the Neutral Position
3) What is the Overload Control for?
4) How do I determine the proper Steering Gear Frequency?

Thanks,
Robert
tazmoe is offline Find More Posts by tazmoe
Last edited by tazmoe; Sep 01, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:18 AM
Joined Aug 2012
599 Posts
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/y-B30xLBkUs[/VIDEO]
Using the YS
Salocin is offline Find More Posts by Salocin
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:24 AM
Nederland, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Jul 2010
992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmoe View Post
Hello Frank,
How did you do this? What software is required? A short tutorial would be nice,
Thanks,
Robert
No software needed, will make a short tutorial
Frank.T is offline Find More Posts by Frank.T
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:32 AM
Joined Aug 2012
31 Posts
Very Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salocin View Post
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/y-B30xLBkUs[/VIDEO]
Using the YS
Beautiful scenery. Salocin put http in front of the line below and your link should display.

://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-B30xLBkUs&feature=youtu.be

Robert
Last edited by tazmoe; Sep 01, 2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:48 AM
Joined Aug 2012
31 Posts
IMU anti-vibration pad who is using it?

Iím asking because in my setup the weight of cord of the IMU is causing it to lean at a slight angle I tried supporting it but it is still being effected. So would I be better off just mounting it to the frame without the pad so it would remain in the same plane as the frame?

Thanks,
Robert
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:58 AM
All who wander are not lost
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
OK.. i'm back to it and now i can't connect to the onboard wifi on the YS... i simply want to connect my kindle fire to the YS without router and change the parameters... but the blue light just blinks on an off 3-4 times and then a pause. Oddly enough if I plug in my router that's dedicated to this the blue light on the YS turns solid blue... However when connecting to the YS router through the kindle fire with the CGS, it show's it's not connected... Anyone?

Oh.. but the Iphone does connect?
w2hef is offline Find More Posts by w2hef
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:04 AM
Joined Aug 2012
31 Posts
Use the router

Quote:
Originally Posted by w2hef View Post
OK.. i'm back to it and now i can't connect to the onboard wifi on the YS... i simply want to connect my kindle fire to the YS without router and change the parameters... but the blue light just blinks on an off 3-4 times and then a pause. Oddly enough if I plug in my router that's dedicated to this the blue light on the YS turns solid blue... However when connecting to the YS router through the kindle fire with the CGS, it show's it's not connected... Anyone?

Oh.. but the Iphone does connect?
Make sure the router's SSID is YS-X6-"your serial number", IP adress is 192.168.1.1 and the wep password is 82890430 other wise the WiFi will not connect. I have been trying to bypass the router and haven't figured it out yet. I think Frank T has and he is going to write something up about it.

Robert
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:15 AM
Joined Aug 2012
31 Posts
Sounds like there is an IP address conflict on the kindle

Quote:
Make sure the router's SSID is YS-X6-"your serial number", IP adress is 192.168.1.1 and the wep password is 82890430 other wise the WiFi will not connect. I have been trying to bypass the router and haven't figured it out yet. I think Frank T has and he is going to write something up about it.

Robert
Sorry I misread your post. I think there is an IP address conflict on the kindle. If it has a static IP the same as the YS-XS-wifi or any other device that is connected to your YS router it will not be able to connect.

Robert
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:33 AM
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
OK.. fixed... now on to the battle of the RX/TX.. what a pain... i BIND the radio, by the channel alignment does nothing?

Has anyone successfully used a JR Spektrum radio... I have two radios a DX7 and DX8.... I can get neither of them
to work... channel alignment just sits there and in the DATA....nothing moves.... even after a success in channel alignment.

I have to admit.... i'm stumped and pretty frustrated with this system.

I'm pretty sure it's the Spektrum at this point. I don't have anything but Spektrum so i'm screwed.
Last edited by w2hef; Sep 01, 2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:26 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
OK.. fixed... now on to the battle of the RX/TX.. what a pain... i BIND the radio, by the channel alignment does nothing?

Has anyone successfully used a JR Spektrum radio... I have two radios a DX7 and DX8.... I can get neither of them
to work... channel alignment just sits there and in the DATA....nothing moves.... even after a success in channel alignment.

Hi w2hef

I remember trying to assist you with the X650 last year about his time. You were asked at that stage by the many who wasted hours trying to help you, and I quote "One quick question w2hef....have you ever set up a quad before this one?...No offence meant but things seem a little dodgy to me...JJ" http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=12592

And this comment made by me then "Hi ..you started building all three at the beginning of September this year. And I see you have had a few problems with all of the builds.

Can I make a suggestion.....Finish one and learn how to fly it, and only then look at others....because, besides confusing yourself, you are also confusing us....and taking up our time, just reading your posts, never mind trying to respond to them
." http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=12630

You were also saying about the X650 that it was a difficult system to set up. I am not sure if you ever did.

Now I would assume that you have moved on since then, but the questions you are asking seem a repeat of that process last year, and you never seem to answer any of the questions asked by the helpful members of this forum.

If you are buying systems and not getting them to work, you possibly need to re-look at how you approach this hobby/sport

Can I make a suggestion, please find someone close to you who can set this system up for you so you can actually start flying it.

I am saying this to try an help you, so please take this as constructive criticism.

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:38 AM
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
I did get the x650 to fly no problem...the problem was a defective ESC in the beginning and the vendor sent new... I actually stopped on the XA to persue the witespy... now i'd like to move on to the XA... I've been flying my witespy quad for sometime now and no stranger to RC..in fact i just set that up with the new 2.1 arduino and it flys great. with around 10 planes mixed nitro/electric and many helicopters... I've been flying for over 30 years... so don't get caught up in previous posts........

I might get frustrated to quickly and that's a problem cuz that's what you see.... but in reality, there are various problems with this system. mostly software oriented.. why is it that my iphone shows ARMING as OFF? and the kindle shows it ON. I know how to reverse channels and remove mixing and the like... but when the system does not respond to the TX/RX there is something wrong.

In my defense, has anyone used a Spektrum with the YS... i wait for your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Hi w2

hef

I remember trying to assist you with the X650 last year about his time. You were asked at that stage by the many who wasted hours trying to help you, and I quote "One quick question w2hef....have you ever set up a quad before this one?...No offence meant but things seem a little dodgy to me...JJ" http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=12592

And this comment made by me then "Hi ..you started building all three at the beginning of September this year. And I see you have had a few problems with all of the builds.

Can I make a suggestion.....Finish one and learn how to fly it, and only then look at others....because, besides confusing yourself, you are also confusing us....and taking up our time, just reading your posts, never mind trying to respond to them
." http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=12630

You were also saying about the X650 that it was a difficult system to set up. I am not sure if you ever did.

Now I would assume that you have moved on since then, but the questions you are asking seem a repeat of that process last year, and you never seem to answer any of the questions asked by the helpful members of this forum.

If you are buying systems and not getting them to work, you possibly need to re-look at how you approach this hobby/sport

Can I make a suggestion, please find someone close to you who can set this system up for you so you can actually start flying it.

I am saying this to try an help you, so please take this as constructive criticism.

Rob
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:41 AM
Joined Aug 2012
31 Posts
Is JR Satellites a different company than JR Spektum?

Quote:

I'm pretty sure it's the Spektrum at this point. I don't have anything but Spektrum so i'm screwed.
From the manual:

JR Satellites;the current firmware does not support JR Satellites temporarily,
but later firmware will support.

Robert
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:46 AM
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
I saw that but support & sales new what radio system i was using and did not bat an eye about it. what the heck... spinning my wheels.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
From the manual:

JR Satellites;the current firmware does not support JR Satellites temporarily,
but later firmware will support.

Robert
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:54 AM
Joined May 2011
305 Posts
Thanks guys for your help in this... I will no longer post here. I don't want to take up to much of your time. I will take this up with support.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 12:13 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
We are all here to help like rob say get someone near you and went through the stages to set up correct.

My iphone also say arming as off,

I wish the iphone software can been sorted out about the map tools that does not show up when connected.
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553