HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:09 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
4,112 Posts
Hi,
Old bungie users know this, yet thanks for the reminder as it's valid.

Looks like I am going for an Im-Pure option.
Ya, went through few hundred post.
Decided on Thomas B's approch and have the components.

I have spent many hours trying to find the docs for this specific RX without valid results.

I can solder well yet would like to plug in.
Were for both???

Thanks,

Jared
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:54 AM
Joined Apr 2013
698 Posts
Jared:

I cut the ends of both MSRx tail motors. Then soldered the wires together from both tail motors. Then soldered one of the plugs back onto the joined tail motor leads. Now you plug the plug into the black motor thingy on the receiver board.

Works great. I had three flights with my ASK-21 this morning. Wind was at 6 mph from the northeast. Steady. With the wind direction I was able to get a real good climb with the ASK. I got a little scared I'd get out of range I was so high but I'm using a DX6 TX so it should be good and was. I got her back each time.

Was lots of fun. The landings were perfect. Real slow with the 6 mph head wind. She set down like a feather?

jack
pjdog350 is offline Find More Posts by pjdog350
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Great flying day
Old Yesterday, 10:00 AM
Arr pieces of foam me hearties
Australia, WA, Duncraig
Joined Aug 2013
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcstalls View Post
Hi,
Old bungie users know this, yet thanks for the reminder as it's valid.

Jared
Its my first glider so learn't about the bungie the hard way (most of my other planes are warbirds). Never mind, the new one arrived today.
kwaziithepirate is offline Find More Posts by kwaziithepirate
Old Yesterday, 10:23 AM
Joined May 2002
4,112 Posts
Thanks Jack,
Oh, polarity on the black motor thingy on the top back on the board ?
I notice it's three connector

Jared
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM
United States, MD, Charles County
Joined Feb 2014
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcstalls View Post
Thanks Jack,
Oh, polarity on the black motor thingy on the top back on the board ?
I notice it's three connector

Jared
I attached a rough sketch of how it goes on the board.
nevenelestate is offline Find More Posts by nevenelestate
Old Today, 08:35 AM
Joined Apr 2013
698 Posts
I saw a post that the three holes in the little black thingy on the receiver board was for a brushless motor? Maybe this board was also using un the helicopter that has a brushless motor or maybe it was for future use in something else???

Maybe anyway - if you get it plugged in wrong when you plug in the battery the motors will start running right away. That's what happened to me. I just unplugged it and moved it over one spot. Then all work OK.

I flew my ASK-21 yesterday. There was a slight wind from the northeast. About 6 mph. The ASK loved it. She climbed real well. I was getting scared I would lose the signal to the receiver. I use a DX6 so I thought it should be OK but still the thoguth was there? I cut the power and glided a long time. when it got close to the ground I put the motors to it again and up she went. I should have looked at my clock on the TX display to see how long I was up but didn't think of it until just after I turned the TX off??? The clock is set to 5 minutes. The alarm went off long before I landed.

But for the first time I was real impressed with how long a flight I got. I use a E-Flight 250 MHA Mosquito battery in the ASK.

Again - Good luck with your project!

Jack
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 12:40 PM
Joined May 2002
4,112 Posts
That's cool n thanks all.
So polarity is not a Rx destroying problem, only proper operation of motor and direction.

Although the dual motor mod using the c/f boom looks quick, but I think was too draggie.
going to to the dual layer of 1/64ths ply, ha, just after I find the blasted stuff.

Jaredf
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 05:50 PM
Joined Apr 2013
698 Posts
Jared:

At first I tried to keep the motors as close to the fuselage as possible. Then after thing of bigger motors I had to move them outboard a little. The bigger motors strained the ESC and it would shut down. So I went back to the original MSRX tail motors but tried bigger propellers. That to was a failure as the bigger props heated up the motors and the hot glue holding the motors in place failed.

So as I see it now - the best deal is to just be happy with the power provided by the MSRX tail motors and be happy with there slow altitude climb?

There's a price for everything! with a slight steady wind it will climb well!

Jack
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 06:30 PM
Joined May 2002
4,112 Posts
Hi Jack

Slow but steady climb reminds me of LMR 7 NicCad competition back in the 80's.
For the most part and not looking for a hot rod. More like assist

Cleaning the lighted magnifier at present.

Jared
RCG Plus Member