HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:49 AM
United States, IN
Joined Jun 2011
139 Posts
Discussion
Strange ESC for programming

Greetings,

I have an ESC that gives me some troubles programming. I wonder if someone else encounter something like this.

Throttle up, connect power to ESC, short melody about 5 or 6 notes and after that it starts.
1. five short beeps sequence
2. five short double beeps sequence
3. five short tripple beeps sequence
4. five short four beeps sequence
5. five short five beeps sequence

pause

repeat 1 to 5

when throttle is moved down (0 %) a short beep is followed and then nothing. Moving the throttle up activates the motor.

Any suggestion ?

many thanks,
MarLi
MarLi is offline Find More Posts by MarLi
Last edited by MarLi; Apr 23, 2013 at 08:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:59 PM
Fast sticks quick crash.
N Cal
Joined Nov 2002
231 Posts
My best guess is you only have five parameters that can be changed. Usually, for these types of ESC, you can only make a single change to one setting per powering up cycle. No clue which sequence changes what setting, you're gonna need the mfg notes for that. Once you enter one of the five settings, moving the throttle stick activates that one setting and it rearms for flight. Unplug and repeat for the next setting that requires a setting change. I tend to avoid these ESC like the plague because there is no way to actually be certain what settings are set like a Jeti Spin, Hacker with programmer and my favorite, Castle Creations. I am sure there are others but these are the ones I have used, I do still have a couple of the tone based programming ESC and have their one page manuals in my transmitter case.

K.B.
K.B. is offline Find More Posts by K.B.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 03:23 AM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,888 Posts
I sounds a little bit like the way my E-flite 80A ESC programming works. Try moving your throttle stick to 50% immediately after one of the set of beeps, and see what happens. With my E-flite, doing that enters you into whatever menu option the beeps represent, and then runs through the settings options for that menu. After 5 seconds with no stick input, it then moves on to the next set of beeps for the next menu.

Check out the E-flite manual at http://www.e-fliterc.com/ProdInfo/Fi...structions.pdf to get a better idea how it works. But, even if yours does work the same way, you really need a better idea of what make it is so that you can identify what each menu option is. Why don't you post a couple of photos of it here (front and back) in case any contributors can identify it?
abenn is offline Find More Posts by abenn