HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:14 PM
Joined Sep 2007
643 Posts
Question
CC-BEC radiated emissions issue

I have a multicopter hexa that I fly using a DJI Flamewheel 550 frame ESCs and motors. The control board is an Ardupilot APM 2.5. I use a CC-BEC to power the flight controller. This has worked just fine for a while now. I decided to make a tidier set up and protect all the electronics (not the ESCs, they are mounted on the arms) inside a waterproof plastic container. In doing so I have the BEC closer to the ardupilot. Test flights gave me a ton of twitching in my roll axis. I assumed it was a connection problem but simply moving BEC about 2 inches solved the problem.

I assume the internal switching frequency of the BEC was coupling radiatively into the Ardupilot since at no time did I change the wiring. Is this generally a problem for this BEC and is there a simple shielding arrangement I could rig up. The only thing I have handy is aluminum tape.

In the flamewheel, the BEC is not back to being between the two center plates at one edge. The Ardupilot is on top of the top plate in the middle.
BJM-Maxx is offline Find More Posts by BJM-Maxx
to remove ads between posts