Discussion
Bind Mode issue

I got a new Spektrum 6210 dsm 6ch rc.
Put it in my Scimitar and plugged everything in as per usual
Tried to bind to Spektrum dx7s.
No blinking LED.
Unplugged every thing except for ESC.
Success! It bound as per expected
Next I plugged in the rudder and did bind process.
Etc etc till all plugged in and bound and working fine.
Next I set up the required mixing etc on the RX
Then proceeded to re-bind.
Again, no blinking LED
Had to go through the whole process of unplugging everything except ESC, re-bind, plug in each lead and bind in succession till all working again.
Seems like every time I try to do a bind with this RX it refuses to go into bind mode unless you unplug everything except the ESC

Any ideas please?
foamchucker is offline Find More Posts by foamchucker
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2012, 01:09 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,477 Posts
Why did you have to rebind it after adding each item? I usually bind mine say without ailerons attached due to the wing being separated, when I plug in the ailerons they work without having to rebind.

Is that the bind process for that plane according to the manual?
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Apr 19, 2012, 06:27 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,935 Posts
You only need to bind once during setup and perhaps one more time after everything is setup like you prefer. If it won't bind after you have all of the servos connected your battery voltage is probably too low, assuming you plugged everything in properly....
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Apr 19, 2012, 07:39 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedStik View Post
Why did you have to rebind it after adding each item? I usually bind mine say without ailerons attached due to the wing being separated, when I plug in the ailerons they work without having to rebind.

Is that the bind process for that plane according to the manual?
Hi, the spektrum RX manual recommennds that you always do a final re-bind once you are happy with the mix etc settings. Its to set the neutral failsafe settings should you lose connection during flight.

Thanks for your replies guys, I will check my battery voltage to see if thats the problem. I doubt its that though as I remember charging the battery right before I began this assembly saga.
foamchucker is offline Find More Posts by foamchucker
Old Apr 19, 2012, 08:09 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamchucker View Post
Hi, the spektrum RX manual recommennds that you always do a final re-bind once you are happy with the mix etc settings. Its to set the neutral failsafe settings should you lose connection during flight.

Thanks for your replies guys, I will check my battery voltage to see if thats the problem. I doubt its that though as I remember charging the battery right before I began this assembly saga.
You are right! The final bind is to make those settings. Many of us, me too, don't bother with it. We are SURE we won't need the fail safe!
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:54 AM
Florida
Joined Aug 2004
4,155 Posts
You should only have to bind once and then plug in the remaining servos, do your trim and alignment adjustments to get every thing set us as you want them. Make sure the throttle control works. Now unplug the ESC, turn off the transmitter. Now, make sure the throttle is at the low end, put the bind plug back into the receiver. Plug in the ESC battery connection, turn on the transmitter and the system should now rebind with throttle fail safe at low and all trim adjustments locked in. Unplug ESC battery connection, remove bind plug, turn off transmitter. Now turn on transmitter again and plug in the ESC battery connection and all should be properly bound, all servos working and fail safe set to low throttle. Now, as long as you turn on the transmitter first, then plug in the ESC battery, your system should always come up in the bound configuration.
Rodney is offline Find More Posts by Rodney
Last edited by Rodney; Apr 22, 2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:37 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,477 Posts
I fully read through my manual twice, and I didn't see that. I'll have to reread carefully.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker