Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:42 PM
Trees are our enemy
United States, CA, South Gate
Joined Jul 2007
111 Posts
Question
Hitec Trainer Cord Question

Quick question for you guys...

My transmitter of choice is a Hitec Eclipse 7 (old one, not the re-released version), with the 2.4g spectra module.

I would like to teach my wife to fly on my Kyosho Fw-190 using my old hitec Laser 4.

The question is how will that pan out with the FW-190 being more than 4 channels? Both ailerons are on one channel, but I have split flaps one a channel and retracts on another..

My second question is, I have a Futaba trainer cord that I bought about 14 years ago that has the same plugs on it as the trainer ports on both radios. Can I use that cord or do I have to buy a hitec brand cord?
FBodyexpert is offline Find More Posts by FBodyexpert
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2012, 06:25 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBodyexpert View Post
Quick question for you guys...
My transmitter of choice is a Hitec Eclipse 7 (old one, not the re-released version), with the 2.4g spectra module. I would like to teach my wife to fly on my Kyosho Fw-190 using my old hitec Laser 4. The question is how will that pan out with the FW-190 being more than 4 channels? Both ailerons are on one channel, but I have split flaps one a channel and retracts on another..
My second question is, I have a Futaba trainer cord that I bought about 14 years ago that has the same plugs on it as the trainer ports on both radios. Can I use that cord or do I have to buy a hitec brand cord?
1. The two transmitters are compatible but the slave must be capable of being set up the same as the Eclipse.
There will be an issue with the flaps and retracts, however doubt the trainee will need to use those facilities
until such time as she will be able to use the Eclipse by herself.
2. The Futaba cable should not be used as is, it is wired differently to the Hitec cable., it is easy to amend
- refer schematics under:
. Aurora 9 - Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up. - & Data Transfer A9<>A9 etc.
- Also covers Eclipse 7 Pro & other Hitec transmitters..
. Hitec Buddy - Trainer Box compatibility & battery requirements
3. Trainer - Buddy Cord Warning: Use only Hitec One Way Cord between Futaba & Hitec TX - never a Futaba cable.

Much more information under sub Section
"Trainer (Buddy box) cables - DIY " under
"Buddy Boxes. Servo Leads. Flight Simulator & Interface." at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Last edited by A.T.; Mar 29, 2012 at 06:37 PM.