SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 25, 2012, 03:32 PM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Discussion
ninja 400 elevator servo not working for rearward flight

New to this game so excuse lack of knowledge.

I have a ninja 400 which i crashed when the aileron servo broke up inside. Replaced it and that now works o.k. but for the some reason the servo for elevator rearward flight not working. All other modes o.k. Have reset default settings for ninja 400 left hand throttle. and checked that servo arms are at 90degrees parellel at 50% throttle.

Any ideas?

Not to techy though I am not that bright!!
PRINCEY is offline Find More Posts by PRINCEY
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2012, 07:01 PM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCEY View Post
New to this game so excuse lack of knowledge.

I have a ninja 400 which i crashed when the aileron servo broke up inside. Replaced it and that now works o.k. but for the some reason the servo for elevator rearward flight not working. All other modes o.k. Have reset default settings for ninja 400 left hand throttle. and checked that servo arms are at 90degrees parellel at 50% throttle.

Any ideas?

Not to techy though I am not that bright!!
Make sure it is plugged into the receiver in correct orientation; try removing it and plugging it into another channel on the receiver to confirm the servo itself is not broken. when you crashed you could have broken this servo also
Hope this helps

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 26, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Thanks Max I will check that.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 01:55 PM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
Make sure it is plugged into the receiver in correct orientation; try removing it and plugging it into another channel on the receiver to confirm the servo itself is not broken. when you crashed you could have broken this servo also
Hope this helps

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Hi Max

Did as you suggested but still no go. Servo operates o.k. when plugged in another point. Tried another servo in the elevator point but same problem. Only ok for forward flight movement no reverse movement.

Might it be the Receiver or Transmitter?

Strange one.
Old Feb 02, 2012, 01:26 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Hi Max

Did as you suggested but still no go. Servo operates o.k. when plugged in another point. Tried another servo in the elevator point but same problem. Only ok for forward flight movement no reverse movement.

Might it be the Receiver or Transmitter?

Strange one.
Looking at the original message, I am thinking you might have the servo arms out of position. are you flying in normal - low to high throttle stick mode or in "idle up" mode, where throttle is centered and pulling down inverts blades for inverted flying and pushing forward of center changes the pitch for normal lift?
I will check a correctly configured one on the bench tomorrow for precise positions.
Are you using a Skyartec Radio system? if so which model? Sky 701, 703, 705 or 706 ?
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 02, 2012, 04:54 AM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
sky705
Old Feb 03, 2012, 01:06 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,031 Posts
Quote:
sky705
And ??? please re-read my question as there are still more information I need to try to resolve your problem without having the system on my bench

Max
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 03, 2012, 09:34 AM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
I have Flight Mode N (Normal) selected on the Sky705
Old Feb 04, 2012, 01:19 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,031 Posts
Quote:
I have Flight Mode N (Normal) selected on the Sky705
While it is rare I have had a few transmitters that one or more directions of either the stick or the trim would stop working or didn't work. Yes it is possible it is either the transmitter or the receiver. Since you are testing a good servo direct into Channel 2 and servo only operates in one direction; and no other changes except the crash; it does sound more and more like a receiver (or maybe Tx ) issue

Max
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 06, 2012, 01:45 PM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Thanks for all your help Max.
Did try one last thing. Swopped throttle from left to right. Elevator Servo works o.k. like this. So I don't think it is the receiver do you?.
I am wondering whether it is the mechanical side of the stick operation in the transmitter or the electronic side and whether it is possible to download the complete programme for the Sky705.
Anyway I won't give up.
Thanks again.
Old Feb 08, 2012, 03:19 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for all your help Max.
Did try one last thing. Swopped throttle from left to right. Elevator Servo works o.k. like this. So I don't think it is the receiver do you?.
I am wondering whether it is the mechanical side of the stick operation in the transmitter or the electronic side and whether it is possible to download the complete programme for the Sky705.
Anyway I won't give up.
Thanks again.
It sounds like it might be the mechanical aspect that is a problem. You can download all of the factory default software in the download section at
www.skyartec.com

Max
Site Sponsor