HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2010, 09:58 AM
zup
United States, PA, Oakdale
Joined Jan 2008
811 Posts
Discussion
Me-262

anybody have one of these? http://www.rc-warbirds.com/product_i...roducts_id/589 there out of stock and per e-mail they are not planning on getting any more. i was wondering if anyone has any experance ,problems with one and where i might be able to get one.
zup
zup is offline Find More Posts by zup
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2010, 12:20 PM
littleton, colorado
Joined Jan 2003
307 Posts
Wow- That looks great! Judging by the 2007 date, though, I would guess it came out briefly (if at all in the US) and disappeared. Too bad, as it looks like a very high quality kit. I've never seen any posts on the HET 262, but I do remember the Het p40 and Kawasaki Hein that were out a few years ago.
sgonzo is offline Find More Posts by sgonzo
Old Dec 03, 2010, 02:48 PM
Canberra Australia
Joined Feb 2007
1,476 Posts
Two available from here - very reputable seller (no affiliation aside from a satisfied customer). Lots of posts in the EDF section.

http://www.extremerc.com.au/estore/i...roducts_id=114

Personally I hope Windrider might consider making one as their next warbird.
CaseySP is offline Find More Posts by CaseySP
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Alfa Corsair Retracts again
Old Dec 03, 2010, 06:00 PM
Joined Dec 2009
565 Posts
that is the HET me 262

You can get that jet from the electric jet factory in the US. the link is
http://www.ejf.com/index.php?main_pa...0d1ead0c0aacd2

price is $189 my buddy paladin has one, He had some issues with the wing joiner set up, I looked at it out of the box and the spar joiners are VERY short if you can fix that it looks really nice
cgoffa is online now Find More Posts by cgoffa
Old Dec 03, 2010, 07:16 PM
zup
Joined Jan 2008
811 Posts
thanks for the tips guys. i did check the edf section but any thread on it must be really old. i,ll dig deeper.
thanks zup
Old Dec 03, 2010, 07:29 PM
Amped UP!
Saint Cloud FL
Joined Jan 2007
705 Posts
That is a nice looking 262, or rather it looks like it could be a really nice looking 262. I liked my GWS 262's but the large cartoon-scale nacelles always bothered me.

Zup, if you get one I would love to see a build thread.
AR1516 is offline Find More Posts by AR1516
Old Dec 03, 2010, 08:42 PM
zup
Joined Jan 2008
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR1516 View Post
That is a nice looking 262, or rather it looks like it could be a really nice looking 262. I liked my GWS 262's but the large cartoon-scale nacelles always bothered me.

Zup, if you get one I would love to see a build thread.
looks like i,ll be picking one up tuesday. stay tuned. i still couldnt find the thread in the edf section. any links?
zup
Old Dec 03, 2010, 08:53 PM
Amped UP!
Saint Cloud FL
Joined Jan 2007
705 Posts
I will be very interested to see what you think about this bird. I do not know of any links. Looking forward to your build.
AR1516 is offline Find More Posts by AR1516
Old Dec 08, 2010, 08:26 PM
zup
Joined Jan 2008
811 Posts
well i picked one up from a member here yesterday. camo version really nice looking. i,ll post some picts. later. that said this things gonna take a lot of work and mods to get in the air. chinglish instructions are the most horrible iv,e ever seen. they dont even have a CG location or controls throws. the only acess to that big fuse is a 2 X 3 in. hole under the canopy. no battery tray,no mention on how the batterys installed. nose gear there,s a brass tube in the fuse you instert the strut in. what holds it in? also no mention of nose gear steering. i was planning on using electric retracts anyway so im gonna have to hack some holes in the fuse . i,ll probley wind up taking the fwd top of the fuse off and building a hatch.
not a plane your going to put together in an evening.
zup