Old Oct 22, 2014, 07:49 AM
FPV noob
United Kingdom, England, Blackburn
Joined Oct 2014
1 Posts
Discussion
Fatshark 600 TVL camera mount - Eflite Apprentice

Hi There,

This is my first post to RC groups, although I've used it for some time now as a source of valuable information.

I recently got into RC flying after I began to get bored of RC cars, and I bought myself a brand new Eflite Apprentice 15e with SAFE as I heard noting but good reviews from other people that had bought them, and once I had seen the online review by FliteTest I just had to have one!

Now then, I've just had a Fatshark Predator V2 system come through the post, and I cant wait to use it however, I'm struggling to find the best way to mount the CMOS camera.

Has anybody done this before or have any tips? should I cut a hole in the windshield of the apprentice? Is there a guide to make a mount? I've found a few 3D printer plans for mounts, but I'd rather not spend 35 on a small bit of plastic and I really want it to be ready for the weekend.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Andy
AndyFPV is offline Find More Posts by AndyFPV
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2014, 03:54 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Argyll and Bute
Joined Oct 2012
767 Posts
[QUOTE=AndyFPV;29748040]Hi There,

This is my first post to RC groups, although I've used it for some time now as a source of valuable information.

I recently got into RC flying after I began to get bored of RC cars, and I bought myself a brand new Eflite Apprentice 15e with SAFE as I heard noting but good reviews from other people that had bought them, and once I had seen the online review by FliteTest I just had to have one!

Now then, I've just had a Fatshark Predator V2 system come through the post, and I cant wait to use it however, I'm struggling to find the best way to mount the CMOS camera.

Has anybody done this before or have any tips? should I cut a hole in the windshield of the apprentice? Is there a guide to make a mount? I've found a few 3D printer plans for mounts, but I'd rather not spend 35 on a small bit of plastic and I really want it to be ready for the weekend.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,
Hi Andy, Having played around with camera positions on tractor propped planes for a couple of years, I personally find looking through a spinning prop off putting.
In my opinion , the nicest viewing position is achieved by mounting the camera on top of the tailfin and looking down on the plane whilst flying.
It makes for easy fpv control and adds some realism to your flight .
The apprentice is easily big enough to cope with the weight (I had one of those on my 46" span cub) although you'll have to add some nose weight to counter balance the camera and cable.
You could do that with your vtx perhaps.
Although the prop is in view still, it won't be a distraction that far away from the camera.
Here's a few examples.
nicktwinnflying Super cub fpv float plane (10 min 57 sec)
drambuidhe is online now Find More Posts by drambuidhe