HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:12 PM
United States, ID
Joined Sep 2011
501 Posts
Suggestion
Moderation appeal...

I couldn't post in the moderation appeal forum, so I guess I have to post it here.

Original content here...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post24120657

Quote:
Reason: Personal Attack
The author has attacked another user's intelligence, character, or appearance.

The moderator who warned you entered this comment:
-------
The last paragraph in particular insults another user by implying that they are and oddball or not normal.
-------
Not sure what the deal is here. I did not "imply" anything. What I said was a basic, indisputable statement of fact. Mode 1 is not a "normal" way to control a joystick. Of the billions of devices with joysticks only a minority fraction of RC joysticks use a nonstandard method like mode 1.

I went to great lengths not to insult anyone and explain that the term "normal" is a statement of fact, not a judgement.

Unless someone can provide evidence that mode 1 is used by a certain percentage of joystick operated devices that would qualify it as a "normal" joystick control method, then it is "not normal".

Besides not being any sort of "attacked another user's intelligence, character, or appearance," it's just a plain old fact.

Even if it weren't it's still not an insult or attack. Being smart, having an amazingly high quality character, or being really pretty... is NOT "normal" either!

Maybe some moderator training on basic logic and the english language would also be in order.
jakestew is offline Find More Posts by jakestew
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:15 PM
United States, ID
Joined Sep 2011
501 Posts
Another thing... anonymous moderation with no chance to explain, reply, or speak your mind has no place in a free society.

Please make the mods at least tag their BS infraction point assessments.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:40 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,445 Posts
Jake
You can always appeal a decision made by a moderator in this forum as long as you have not edited your warned post.
You have edited your post so an appeal is no longer an option.
You can learn more about our appeal process here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1551788
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:48 PM
United States, ID
Joined Sep 2011
501 Posts
I'm not too concerned about the infraction point since I do my best to follow the rules.

The censorship and the slanderous accusation that I personally attacked someone do however offend me quite a bit.

Falsely accusing someone of a personal attack is in its self a personal attack, so I hope you will consider giving an infraction point against the mod that attacked me.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:03 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,445 Posts
It is the moderators job to make sure users are following the rules and issue warnings. if you have an issue with moderation in the future feel free to appeal the warning.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:15 PM
United States, ID
Joined Sep 2011
501 Posts
Thank you for your attention in this matter.