HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2014, 03:05 PM
United States, OH, Mt Vernon
Joined Nov 2010
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffleman View Post
Hey guys. Just picked up a zero for $20 at a swap meet, and I have a few questions:

Can the motor handle 3s? I have a few 3s 500mah batteries and no 2s batteries bigger than 325mah. I don't want to spend more on batteries than the plane!

And also, is there anything else I should do to this plane to make it fly better?
$20, wow you stole it. nice pick up.

I fly mine on 1000mah 3s batteries. They came in the blade SR huey helicopter.

They fit and give it a perfect weight balance. All else is stock, i get around 14-15 min flights.
00Smurf is offline Find More Posts by 00Smurf
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2014, 03:16 PM
The Luftwaffle
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
1,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Smurf View Post
$20, wow you stole it. nice pick up.

I fly mine on 1000mah 3s batteries. They came in the blade SR huey helicopter.

They fit and give it a perfect weight balance. All else is stock, i get around 14-15 min flights.
Good to know 3s works. I know the esc will be fine, (it says 3s on the sticker, plus its the same esc thats in my edge540qq - which runs the same 500mah 3s batteries)

I was just worried about the motor going poof. I couldn't find any specs, and Ive blown a motor in the past by trying to run a 4s in it... it was a nice rimfire .10 too...
Waffleman is offline Find More Posts by Waffleman
Old Sep 06, 2014, 04:04 PM
The Luftwaffle
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
1,211 Posts
So after 10 minutes of frustration, I decide these two facts:

1. My batteries don't fit in the battery compartment with the canopy on.
2. The balance is horrible with my batteries

So I introduced my zero to Mr. Exacto Knife. Now the batteries fit and it balances too!
Waffleman is offline Find More Posts by Waffleman
Old Sep 06, 2014, 10:38 PM
United States, OH, Mt Vernon
Joined Nov 2010
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffleman View Post
So after 10 minutes of frustration, I decide these two facts:

1. My batteries don't fit in the battery compartment with the canopy on.
2. The balance is horrible with my batteries

So I introduced my zero to Mr. Exacto Knife. Now the batteries fit and it balances too!
I had to do a lil exacto surgery as well, nothing to bad though. The first time i just crammed the battery in until it fit.

Glad you got yours sorted.
00Smurf is offline Find More Posts by 00Smurf
Old Sep 07, 2014, 09:04 AM
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Feb 2013
165 Posts
Stolen Planes/Quads! Please keep an eye out.

Waited a few days to post something on this as to not scare away thieves from listing but now figure it's best to have as many eyes on as possible.

I had 5 planes and 2 quads stolen from my car between the afternoon hours of 3 and 7pm on Thursday September 4th. My car was parked in my carport on Union Ave in Grand Rapids, MI - (Police case #14-79053) I was home inside eating dinner between afternoon and evening flying sessions and left planes loaded in car.

The following items were stolen:

-Parkzone P-51D Mustang BL Gunfighter (I installed the optional rudder. Discontinued model but like new. Had for only a week.)

-Parkzone F4F Wildcat (Repairs to horizontal stabilizer, wing tip glue/tape. Cowl taped, prop chips and mock tail wheel glued/taped... Also discontinued model)

-Parkzone Archer (Canopy hatch mod with Velcro and foam removed under pilot to fit battery)

-Eflite A6M5 Zero 300 (Glue/tape repair to horizontal stabilizer)

-Eflite P-51 Mustang 280 (Missing blue nose spinner. Many repairs to fuselage.)

-Armattan CF355 black carbon fiber quadcopter (kk2.1 board, orange receiver, black Armattan T-motors with orange and blue 7" props)

-Armattan CF258 (same set up as above CF355 just smaller)

I have included some pictures: Gunfighter was assembled out of the box. Smaller quad - Delta Ray and Trojan *Not stolen. (thank god)
Spread the word. If you come across these items in classifieds or clubs or pawn shops, please contact me. Thanks!
mtfly is offline Find More Posts by mtfly
Old Sep 07, 2014, 11:00 AM
Der Schaum-Krieg-Vogel Piloten
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2013
966 Posts
Wow, that just sucks. Nothing I hate worse than a thief.

Keep an eye on Craig's List, and hit the area swap meets this weekend. Best of luck and I hope you get your planes back, and the thief goes to jail...
FLTRI is online now Find More Posts by FLTRI
Old Sep 07, 2014, 04:21 PM
Joined Feb 2013
165 Posts
Thanks.

Thanks. I have home insurance so hopefully I can get a little relief. But I sure do miss my planes... Every scuff and repair. Even replacements wont be the same. And of course today is picture perfect flying weather with no wind!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLTRI View Post
Wow, that just sucks. Nothing I hate worse than a thief.

Keep an eye on Craig's List, and hit the area swap meets this weekend. Best of luck and I hope you get your planes back, and the thief goes to jail...
Old Sep 08, 2014, 11:30 AM
Warbird lover!
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Nov 2013
77 Posts
oops

Oops... I flew my Zero in shifty medium-high winds saturday and crashed... I lost control during a low turn when I hit turbulence. It can probably be fixed but the fuse is in three pieces...

I'll post pics asap

I must have over 100 flights this season with this Zero. What a cool little plane!
MTL_Greg is offline Find More Posts by MTL_Greg
Old Sep 08, 2014, 11:35 AM
Warbird lover!
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Nov 2013
77 Posts
MT: that sucks... I never thought anyone would steal foamies... Maybe you can use the insurance money to vary your collection a bit and try new models?

Some like the Zero and Gunfighter will be just about impossible to replace since they've been discontinued...

Your neighbours saw nothing? That's a lot of stuff to move without getting noticed!
MTL_Greg is offline Find More Posts by MTL_Greg
Old Sep 08, 2014, 12:05 PM
Fox 1
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Jan 2013
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL_Greg View Post
Oops... I flew my Zero in shifty medium-high winds saturday and crashed... I lost control during a low turn when I hit turbulence. It can probably be fixed but the fuse is in three pieces...

I'll post pics asap

I must have over 100 flights this season with this Zero. What a cool little plane!
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...L6175#t4-PARTS

Parts are still available for the 0.

I've already replaced the fuse for mine, but it will languish in the hangar until my Hawks are completed.

Cheers!
Rocket
RocketRobin is offline Find More Posts by RocketRobin
Old Sep 08, 2014, 06:04 PM
Joined Feb 2013
165 Posts
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL_Greg View Post
MT: that sucks... I never thought anyone would steal foamies... Maybe you can use the insurance money to vary your collection a bit and try new models?

Some like the Zero and Gunfighter will be just about impossible to replace since they've been discontinued...

Your neighbours saw nothing? That's a lot of stuff to move without getting noticed!
And thing is I had just found the gunfighter new in box the week before. Had three flights on it. My carport is not in a visible area. And items were stolen on a Thursday probably around 3/ 3:30 so most everyone was at work. I think they must of been watching me as soon as I went inside and they figured I wasn't coming right back out. I so wish I did come back out for something. Crazy thing is I have trouble not breaking a wing or tail moving them in and out of the car myself.. And there were NO foam pieces anywhere inside or directly outside the car. As for neighbors... I think one of them did see something.... The one I suspect ripped me off! His balcony overlooks the lot and he's asked me several times about my quads and how much they cost but I would never give a straight answer . Real shady dude. And I saw him hovering around when the police were there. But I can't really be sure. Right now everyone's a suspect in my book. One of those "never could happen to me" type things and it has! I'm getting angry just writing this so I will stop now.
Old Sep 09, 2014, 10:50 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2012
99 Posts
MT: Sorry to hear that. Maddening!

I just got my zero out last week for the first time in months (been too busy at work to get anything out). Flies superb and has moved back to the top of the rotation - had it out 3 times in the past week including tonight.

Broke the cowl off tonight on not so rough a landing - I was surprised. It's been off before due to a bad hand launch - doesn't seem to take much (it's my only complaint on the whole plane). Epoxy is drying should it should be airborne again this week.

All this talk on the thread and my refound love for this plane makes me think I need to find a spare...
Peejster is offline Find More Posts by Peejster