HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2011, 03:43 PM
FLYINGJUNKY
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
833 Posts
Discussion
PA extra MX or the PA extra 260

I am trying to decide on my new PA bird.

I have the AJ Sick 42, PA addiction and Great planes edge 540t. Actualy I have about 13 other planes but these are my go-to planes. Trying to make up my mind between these two planes and both have great reviews. I am into 3d flying pretty big. Any suggestions would be GREAT!!!!!!!!

Thanks,Eric
eschult is offline Find More Posts by eschult
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2011, 07:23 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,994 Posts
The 3DHS 48" Velox VR-1 is just marvelous. Very stable, absolutely rock solid ke and harriers. Snaps nice, tumbles great, ke spins are great, elevators are ez. Currently my absolute favorite. You would love this plane.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Feb 01, 2011, 07:54 PM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,933 Posts
Either of those PA planes are loved by the majority of their owners. Consider the size aspect. Can you comfortably live with a 58" wingspan plane? If not, get the 48" plane. If you can live with the larger one, it was described by some very experienced pilots as like the smaller one cranked up a few notches. Comparisons have been posted on various PA threads.
groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Feb 02, 2011, 01:42 AM
Joined Mar 2010
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschult View Post
I am trying to decide on my new PA bird.

I have the AJ Sick 42, PA addiction and Great planes edge 540t. Actualy I have about 13 other planes but these are my go-to planes. Trying to make up my mind between these two planes and both have great reviews. I am into 3d flying pretty big. Any suggestions would be GREAT!!!!!!!!

Thanks,Eric
If you have the money and room for the MX, get the MX. I think it is better than the 260 as it is larger, more stable, you can stick with the recommended batteries and have a very light model or go with larger batteries and have bit more mass in the air to throw around. (one of the things that I really like about the MX, as you can get a different airplane by just changing battery packs. - you want nice and slow 3D, use light bats, you want more aggressive and faster 3D, put there a heavier pack... It really gives you opportunities that other planes don't)
Cuba is offline Find More Posts by Cuba
Old Feb 02, 2011, 05:06 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,994 Posts
My apology's on my response, I misread the intention of this thread. I didn't mean to poach your buying decision with my reccomendation. For some reason I thought you were looking for any reccomendation for your next plane in a certain size range, brain fart. One thing I have learned, bigger flies better, so get the biggest one you can live with, you won't regret it. Good luck. Les
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Feb 02, 2011, 06:57 AM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
Mx!!!!!
long leng is offline Find More Posts by long leng
Old Feb 02, 2011, 11:41 AM
Malaysia
Joined Jan 2008
49 Posts
I'd have to vote for the MX
cricha is offline Find More Posts by cricha
Old Feb 02, 2011, 09:29 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,393 Posts
Yep if you have the space the MX is the one to get. An awesome plane.
Mr Kamikaze is online now Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:03 AM
United States, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Sep 2010
368 Posts
What about the Katana MD, how would it compare to these two planes?
collinss is offline Find More Posts by collinss
Old Feb 03, 2011, 11:15 AM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
i rate them like this

1. addiction x
2. ultimate
3. addiction
4. mx
5. katana
6. extra260
Old Feb 03, 2011, 12:52 PM
Joined Mar 2010
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by long leng View Post
i rate them like this

1. addiction x
2. ultimate
3. addiction
4. mx
5. katana
6. extra260
Interesting :-) mine would be like this...

1. and 2. MX and ultimate - both great planes, each for different flying and mood
3. ADX - yet to try it on 4s
4. 260
5. Addiction
6. Katana - it is just too old design but I love the looks of it
Old Feb 03, 2011, 02:11 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
interesting too
i had trouble doing the rating
especially where to put the mx.
addiction x on 3s wouldnt be on 1st place also.
you should really try it on 4s, i m pretty sure you would love it and put it on 1st place. i d really like to hear opinions about from other people.
Old Feb 03, 2011, 03:18 PM
FLYINGJUNKY
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuba View Post
Interesting :-) mine would be like this...

1. and 2. MX and ultimate - both great planes, each for different flying and mood
3. ADX - yet to try it on 4s
4. 260
5. Addiction
6. Katana - it is just too old design but I love the looks of it
I was considering the Ultimate, but thought that the mx or extra 260 would make a better 3D bird. What do you guys think???????
Eric
eschult is offline Find More Posts by eschult
Old Feb 03, 2011, 03:30 PM
Belgium
Joined Feb 2010
17 Posts
Go for the MX . It has everything you want : very slow and stable but also excessive in power , really crazy . like every PA easy to land and perfect assembled.

But I believe , you have to collect them all at the end
pittsfan is offline Find More Posts by pittsfan
Old Feb 04, 2011, 06:08 AM
Joined Mar 2010
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschult View Post
I was considering the Ultimate, but thought that the mx or extra 260 would make a better 3D bird. What do you guys think???????
Eric
I think that the Ultimate is somewhere between the Addiction and the MX. It 3Ds exceptionally well, but can fly precise as well. Simply it is a jack of all trades and can do them all in the same manner as the best in this size - hovers, harriers, slow things, fast things, snaps, violent blenders and tumbles, but also precise lines. All that comes in a great small package...

I think that the MX is up there with the AMR thanks to the fact it is a bigger plane. But to be honest, if there would be 54" AMR, it would be better than the MX...

As a result, I love both the MX and AMR as they fly differently and each is for different occasions. The 260 is a smaller MX, so that is why I do not mention it as the MX is bigger and therefore better.