to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:38 PM
FlyerNik
Burbank, CA
Joined Sep 2009
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikyrik2112 View Post
Wow What a Weekend at HD!!!!!,,,Great Weather,Great Company as always,and Great Fun!!...We Had A Great Showing of HDV's,HDI"s and Friends...We Had Lots of Action...and Great Builds out there...IN Attendance in no particular order!!!........I rolled up to HD Thinking I was going to b first there at 7:35 and yup There was Bob Set up and enjoying a nice Golden morning Lake View...also...Gary the Master water board Maker,also had Farbar Joe...out with Mystic and Camaro16teener...had Cris Cross out with Cup Racer,had Flyer Scott Out with Miss VEGAS out for sum review,,had his Brother with him also and he Bought my Impulse 31 so he is in like Flynn......We had The Man Dennis who is coming on Strong lately with his Assault Fleet!!..he also Brought his Brother and Hope to c him next week also...Had Alfredo out with his Brother Carlos and his new Delta Force Cat...Congrats on That..alfredo And Two kids were also There... Had His bad Boy..TOYSPORT CAT...also Had IRonman Chad out with his eveready Mystic..Also the World Famous Flyer nick was out with his Arsenal of Weapons!!!!! We also Had Lu out with his table of Fun...had Juan and Nick out with Geico,airboat,Traxxas rally....WoW...lets see....We Had Ray From Robins out With Crispy Creme and Coffe bean Delights....Really ,really Kool Ray Thanks For that!!!...also Had Rob And His Son Jack out with there arsenal of Tesla Goodies...and thanks for the Huge Bowl of Halloween Candy!!......Aviator Linn was out with his UL-1....Edgar was out with Airboat,,,wow...lot to remember....we Had Manny Mota out with sum Orange Crush and Hotdog!!........ok we had Mr Phong out with his crazy table of faast Electrics..also had Little Andrew Hanging out......BrAAAd Was out with his eveready Geico and sum Sheets hanging out...and Best for Last...We had Kmot out with His Table of Parking lot racers and we did have sum great racing moments racing Tom..Kool to cya and Dice With ya TOM...and we also Had Barnacle Bob out which is always Cool with his Scratchmade Wooden Masterpieces...he had a COOL sUb this time...SHIIIISH,,,,that was alot....thanks everyone for the Good Times....Sorry If I forgot to mention you..........M8issed all who couldnt make it...and.....Stay Thirsty My Friend's..!!!! P.S.....Thanks for sharing the Kool Pics SD...sorry if I got to Close flying by your Boat in that Speedboat..!!.....LOL....oh and also....Had An AwesomeWeekend and Day Sailing with You Manny and the Buds Today.....THANK"S For ALL YOUR HELP TODAY!!!...your Awesome...also will have sum good pics from Today Sunday At HD...Motorcycle Show there today..got PICS?/...lol...And OH YEA...I got to See The one and only MADCHAD and Family today..He Also was Sailing His Sanibel!!Nice 2 cya Chad..
RikyRik you Rock and are way more famous than me;-)!!!! I just want the time to spend a whole day out at the DAM, it's the most fun I have all week!!!!!
nrallen1 is offline Find More Posts by nrallen1
Old Nov 09, 2012, 02:58 PM
Hipster Kate Upton approved!!
United States, CA, Chino Hills
Joined Jul 2012
30 Posts
Glad to see that one can now fly at that field. I talked to Walt about flying out there last time I was at HD.

Rick, this is how bad the airplanes have got with me. My P-51 Mustang is in the box and not pictured I'll have to come down early next time to get some air time before playing on the water.

Rafael
75zepol is offline Find More Posts by 75zepol
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:42 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,605 Posts
Looks like HPI needs to fix their size calculator, lol...

RC Rally car SIZE comparison - WR8, DRX, Traxxas, ER-4 (3 min 18 sec)
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:12 PM
North Hollywood
Joined Sep 2009
2,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75zepol View Post
Glad to see that one can now fly at that field. I talked to Walt about flying out there last time I was at HD.

Rick, this is how bad the airplanes have got with me. My P-51 Mustang is in the box and not pictured I'll have to come down early next time to get some air time before playing on the water.

Rafael
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrallen1 View Post
RikyRik you Rock and are way more famous than me;-)!!!! I just want the time to spend a whole day out at the DAM, it's the most fun I have all week!!!!!
Ahh thanks Nick!!.....And wow Raphael!!!....It sure looks like you are for Sure Flyer Boy!!!.................You Have a Collection of Planes Now!!..no wonder you were Flying so good the last time!!!...Practice always Shows....thank you for Your Help the other Day too my Friend!!!.......And thaanks For the Comparison Vid tom....I like a couple others in the Vid!!..............
rikyrik2112 is offline Find More Posts by rikyrik2112
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:46 PM
North Hollywood
Joined Sep 2009
2,741 Posts
saturday HDV

Well today the Weather was Kind of Cooler and windy!!...not enouph for me to put on Pants or anything!!......But we had a Great Bunch out FE'S and couple Nitro...Had a Great time you Guys...Special thanks toJuan who Painted my Airboat in the CoolMonster theme...really,really awesome Job Juan...Many Thanks to you and Gary for Building me a Solid,great Handling HotRod!!....Sorry to be Brief...Here are some Pics to tell the rest of the Stories!!................Vids alsoComing...thaanks For the Awsome time....R.R....Also Special thanks to BRAAAD and Manny for hooking up my Sheets.......Thank you for your Support Robins Hobby..Fun RC Boats..and Raceprep Hobbies....Hobby House...Stay thirsty my Friends...Heres a little vid of Juans Little Screamer!!!
Hansen Dam Violators Juans Big Boy (3 min 0 sec)
Last edited by rikyrik2112; Nov 10, 2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:46 PM
North Hollywood
Joined Sep 2009
2,741 Posts
Ok...here is a little motley ripping with a nice wipe out!!
HansenDam Motley Crew (0 min 31 sec)
Ok then we have some brooklyn mike making some nice laps with that bad dude airboat
HDV Brooklyn mike airboat (1 min 47 sec)
Ok then we have something for Scale RC...Barnacle Bob's Torpedo Boat Coming at ya....
hansen Dam Torpedo boat....Barnacle Bob.. (0 min 20 sec)
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:01 AM
USA, CA, Arcadia
Joined Jan 2009
99 Posts
Where's the videos of the blackjack wipeout?
Hey Rik, I just got the red revolt 30 in the mail. Looks great but it needs a new flex shaft.
Should I go ahead and order an OSE shaft and coupler, or should I just get a factory shaft through Robins?
joeyjoed1 is offline Find More Posts by joeyjoed1
Last edited by joeyjoed1; Nov 14, 2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:57 PM
FlyerNik
Burbank, CA
Joined Sep 2009
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjoed1 View Post
Where's the videos of the blackjack wipeout?
Hey Rik, I just got the red revolt 30 in the mail. Looks great but it needs a new flex shaft.
Should I go ahead and order an OSE shaft and coupler, or should I just get a factory shaft through Robins?
Upgraded shaft!!!! Less friction and the motor runs cooler. You can runa hotter prop that way.

Best

Flyer Nik
nrallen1 is offline Find More Posts by nrallen1
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:19 PM
USA, CA, Arcadia
Joined Jan 2009
99 Posts
Which coupler should I get? OSE specifies one for the supervee but I've read that the one for the mystic is what people are using, and wouldn't you know it, it's backordered.
joeyjoed1 is offline Find More Posts by joeyjoed1
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:29 PM
North Hollywood
Joined Sep 2009
2,741 Posts
Heck yea!..Joe....I Dont Have one but every Revolt Ive seen Always Run RockSolid and Quick...Awsome Bro!!...and Like the World Famous Flyer Nick Said......Upgraded Driveline For sure!!..Here are the two Octura Replacement Couplers for the Proboat and Aquacraft..aquacraft is longer and proboat short..Congrats...!!!....http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...oct-ocfhe5mm15http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...ct-ocfhe5mm15S
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:33 PM
North Hollywood
Joined Sep 2009
2,741 Posts
Here ya go Joe,...Heres the Footage you took of my FlapJack!!!..Maiden...# 3 ..lol...Really nice Job Joe...Nice and Steady and Smooth!!.Hmnn.........
Blackjack #3..Maiden at Hansen Dam (1 min 4 sec)
And of Coarse Brought in,Threw her back out,and Tried to Run her Descent but without Flipping in pretty descent Wind...She needs tolift waits...........lol....THX......opco rn:
BlackJack # 3 After flip HDV (1 min 56 sec)
Also heres Maiden Run with my airboat,also pretty much first run ever in airboat...Lots of fun...Thaank's Again...DonJuan Autobody...............I could picture 3-5 airboats going around the Triangle at HD!!.............
11 10 12 057 (4 min 18 sec)
Last edited by rikyrik2112; Nov 15, 2012 at 12:16 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:08 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,605 Posts
A new SCT in the 'hood.
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:29 PM
Joined Jun 2011
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikyrik2112 View Post
Hey there!!!....you better believe. It!!!...with all this wind it might look like this...lol..makes downtown look awesome!! I miss the pretty red orange smog pics...lol
Hey guys whatís up? Long time-No hang out. Glad to see you guys are getting some time on the water. I have been working (finally) or out of town every weekend lately but donít worry I wonít forget how to sail and now I will have the scratch to finish my new US1M. About time to move out of the trainer boat into a real race boat. Have a happy Turkey Day everyone.
Turbo2u is offline Find More Posts by Turbo2u
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:24 AM
Burbank, Hansen Dam
Joined Nov 2009
54 Posts
Anyone going out Thursday or Friday may go out Friday morning for a bit
BROOKLYN is offline Find More Posts by BROOKLYN