Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 12, 2014, 03:32 PM
Joined Jun 2014
19 Posts
Transducers - how hot is too hot?

Just finished my first two flights on my FMS P-51 with the v4 .1 sound system and dual TT-25 transducers.

Awesome sound, and quite the crowd pleaser!!

As far as my only real concern at the moment ~

The transducers do seem to get fairly hot.
After a 4 1/2 minute flight, the magnet base of the transducers measured around 110 degrees F per my laser thermometer. I do have plenty of open space around the transducers (they're mounted as per the demo video of the install in the FMS v8 P-51). The control board seems to be staying at ambient temp.

How hot is "too hot" where these transducers are concerned?

Also, I'm using a Futaba 14SG radio in my P-51. Has anyone come up with a configuration that will allow you to turn the sound system on/off by radio control, instead of having to plug the sound system in to power each flight after the ESC and receiver have synced? It would be once if the MrRC power connection could stay plugged in to the battery harness...

Thanks !

Randy
Chief58D is offline Find More Posts by Chief58D
Last edited by Chief58D; Jul 12, 2014 at 05:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2014, 10:11 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief58D View Post
Just finished my first two flights on my FMS P-51 with the v4 .1 sound system and dual TT-25 transducers.

Awesome sound, and quite the crowd pleaser!!

As far as my only real concern at the moment ~

The transducers do seem to get fairly hot.
After a 4 1/2 minute flight, the magnet base of the transducers measured around 110 degrees F per my laser thermometer. I do have plenty of open space around the transducers (they're mounted as per the demo video of the install in the FMS v8 P-51). The control board seems to be staying at ambient temp.

How hot is "too hot" where these transducers are concerned?

Also, I'm using a Futaba 14SG radio in my P-51. Has anyone come up with a configuration that will allow you to turn the sound system on/off by radio control, instead of having to plug the sound system in to power each flight after the ESC and receiver have synced? It would be once if the MrRC power connection could stay plugged in to the battery harness...

Thanks !

Randy
Hi Randy,
Sorry for the late reply, I am out of town an the moment. The heat should not be a factor for the TT-25 itself, they are well within the limits of what the card pushes out. Just keep the wires away from them so you don't melt them. And watch your hands when pulling the battery out.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 14, 2014, 05:54 AM
Joined Jun 2014
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
Hi Randy,
Sorry for the late reply, I am out of town an the moment. The heat should not be a factor for the TT-25 itself, they are well within the limits of what the card pushes out. Just keep the wires away from them so you don't melt them. And watch your hands when pulling the battery out.

Andrew
Works for me -
Thank-you Andrew!

Randy
Chief58D is offline Find More Posts by Chief58D