HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2013, 07:33 PM
AMA# finditwhenigethome
United States, MN, Fairmont
Joined May 2013
1,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by holtneil View Post
HI mate the older hubsan x4 is cheap now and will teach you what you need to know so have a look at it may be a good price where you are 27 in uk not bad i paid 49 when it came out
thanks, maybe ill get that as my next flying thing, after buying this heli i dnt have much to spend.
Ghjghj96 is offline Find More Posts by Ghjghj96
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2013, 07:36 PM
AMA# finditwhenigethome
Joined May 2013
1,664 Posts
alright, test flewthe heli has a MAJOR cas of TBE. it says in the manual replace boom asembly, but thats another $15. will that fix it? anything else i need to try? balr14 you were right, feel free to say i told you so!
Old Nov 16, 2013, 08:13 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,372 Posts
TBE on an MSR is usually excessive wear at the point where the flybar pivots or in the linkage or linkage guides. It can also be binding, usually related to excess wear. The flybar itself may cause TBE, as they can warp. I glued a piece of CF rod inside the opening in the back side of the flybar. It helps.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Nov 16, 2013, 08:17 PM
AMA# finditwhenigethome
Joined May 2013
1,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
TBE on an MSR is usually excessive wear at the point where the flybar pivots or in the linkage or linkage guides. It can also be binding, usually related to excess wear. The flybar itself may cause TBE, as they can warp. I glued a piece of CF rod inside the opening in the back side of the flybar. It helps.
oh ok, i have a spare flybar, should i replace the flybar, the tail assembly, or both? i need the TBE gone. thanks, J
Old Nov 16, 2013, 08:24 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,372 Posts
I would address the flybar first. Pay attention to the linkage guides. There should not be a lot of slop. You want the linkage to be able to move straight up and down, smoothly.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Nov 16, 2013, 08:42 PM
AMA# finditwhenigethome
Joined May 2013
1,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I would address the flybar first. Pay attention to the linkage guides. There should not be a lot of slop. You want the linkage to be able to move straight up and down, smoothly.
thanks, ill keep this in mind, thanks again for your help
Old Nov 16, 2013, 10:21 PM
Joined Aug 2003
580 Posts
hi, the mounting screws on these tend to vibrate loose ,the board is held on whith 2 screws
if boards loose enough to move around ,the gyro sees to much vibration .so will act
like has a tail problem .heli has a swash tool to pop the pop apart swash back together
in case swash popped apart.
mdugas is offline Find More Posts by mdugas
Old Nov 17, 2013, 08:53 AM
AMA# finditwhenigethome
Joined May 2013
1,664 Posts
Thanks. The swash is intact, and it does have the swash tool. Ill check the screws. Your help is greatly apperciated.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 01:23 PM
United Kingdom, England, Central Bedfordshire
Joined Dec 2012
1,019 Posts
Hi mate see you didnt get i told you so lol all you get on this site is great advice and help happy flying mate
holtneil is offline Find More Posts by holtneil
Old Nov 17, 2013, 03:23 PM
AMA# finditwhenigethome
Joined May 2013
1,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by holtneil View Post
Hi mate see you didnt get i told you so lol all you get on this site is great advice and help happy flying mate
Yeah thanks. As long as you stay out of trader talk this site is fine, thanks again and happy flying and safe landing to you too.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 08:51 PM
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined Sep 2013
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghjghj96 View Post
As long as you stay out of trader talk this site is fine
I hear you! I'm trying to figure out how to get banned on just the classifieds. I looked at my paypal statement for when I started this in September and it's not pretty.
GregofGod is offline Find More Posts by GregofGod
Old Nov 18, 2013, 09:06 PM
AMA# finditwhenigethome
Joined May 2013
1,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregofGod View Post
I hear you! I'm trying to figure out how to get banned on just the classifieds. I looked at my paypal statement for when I started this in September and it's not pretty.
Yeah, it'll brainwash you maan, then you'll buy a bunch of stuff you don't need maan, then they'll point the finger at you maan! It's a conspiracy maan!