HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:35 AM
Joined Jun 2010
38 Posts
Help!
Selling old Emaxx how much is it worth?

Hi all,

I am trying to help a friend sell an old emaxx,, its the old 3906 black chasis model..
It needs a new ESC, as it seems to turn on then shut right off.. It also needs a new front skid plate and probably a chasis..

It does however have the following hop ups:

all Integy aluminum A-Arms, brand new
Integy Piggyback aluminum shocks all the way around

and a bunch of other misc spare parts..

the truck is in great shape despite the dead ESC and broken front skid plate, and broken piece of the c hasis near the skidplate..

what do you guys think this is worth? we do not want to list too high or too low for it on ebay
thesoulcrusher is offline Find More Posts by thesoulcrusher
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:27 AM
why am i here???????
United States, OR, Oregon City
Joined Mar 2009
714 Posts
i would try craigslist first before ebay. but you can list it at 150 and try from there. if you put it on ebay i would start with 70 bucks or so.
traxxas13 is offline Find More Posts by traxxas13
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:39 AM
Joined Jun 2010
38 Posts
Thanks traxxas13, do you think it'd make more sense to take off all of the new aluminum hop ups and sell them separate, then sell the emaxx with stock parts?
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:38 AM
why am i here???????
United States, OR, Oregon City
Joined Mar 2009
714 Posts
with the e-maxx stock you might about a hundred or so if you wait long enough depending on what the condidtion of the parts are you could get another 70 or so depending on the amount of parts. But i had a full aluminum t-maxx i bought off craigslist for 500 bucks. stripped it and put the stock parts baack on. sold the truck for 300 sold the parts for another 400. but the parts took close to 2 months to sell for the money. but i made more then i spent in the first place.
traxxas13 is offline Find More Posts by traxxas13
Old Feb 20, 2012, 07:02 PM
Heli and Car Addict
Woodland Hills, CA
Joined Jan 2008
3,478 Posts
Honestly, you won't fetch much.

As an old 3906 owner, I had upgraded most plastics to RPM, being much more durable.
This included RPM skid covers, A-Arms, and a few other this and thats.

With your current setup, I'd estimate it to being under a hundred, or tipping 100.

$150 would probably be your maximum.
In addition, you'd be listing it more or less, as a roller seeing as the ESC needs replacing.

Try listing it in the classified of RCG, RCTech, and be open for low-ball offers.
I'd aim right around the 100 mark.

Your aluminum parts, as hard as it is to say, are not worth much.

Integy themselves, do not make great aluminum in general, as many of their products tend to bend or snap quicker & easier than stock plastic.

I would stock that baby back up with plastics, and have the aluminums on the side for those who choose so.

Good luck with the sale bud.
rawfuls is offline Find More Posts by rawfuls
Old Feb 20, 2012, 07:04 PM
Joined Jun 2010
38 Posts
Hi Rawfuls, thanks for the insight. That is exactly what I told my friend.. Integy and aluminum are not that popular anymore.. I told him I would give him $100 for the truck and he told me I was low balling him and he wants $250+ ...
Old Feb 20, 2012, 07:18 PM
bashing on vancouver island
Joined Sep 2008
609 Posts
i am also a former 3906 owner. what a money pit! i ended up trading mine for a vxl rustler and a stampede roller.
veggieslinger is offline Find More Posts by veggieslinger
Old Feb 20, 2012, 07:21 PM
Heli and Car Addict
Woodland Hills, CA
Joined Jan 2008
3,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesoulcrusher View Post
Hi Rawfuls, thanks for the insight. That is exactly what I told my friend.. Integy and aluminum are not that popular anymore.. I told him I would give him $100 for the truck and he told me I was low balling him and he wants $250+ ...
250 is already more than half of a brand new EMaxx.

Definitely not, grab a 3905, if you can.
rawfuls is offline Find More Posts by rawfuls