Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by SkylineFlyer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 09:12 PM
tom
USA, LA, Natchitoches
Joined Apr 2004
1,579 Posts
nice electrics.
tomme21 is offline Find More Posts by tomme21
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2012, 06:21 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,042 Posts
Have you seen them? The only prices I can find are for the large Hanger 9 P-47. Neither are available..

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...cc-arf-HAN4485

Mains $449.99
Tail $189.99

Mike
mike2663 is offline Find More Posts by mike2663
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:10 AM
United States, WI, Chetek
Joined Jul 2011
472 Posts
WOW.

They must have genuine gold contacts in them!
JurassicJet is offline Find More Posts by JurassicJet
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:20 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,042 Posts
No joke. IMO. I find it amazing that Robart is the last to enter the electric retract world but some feel that there the best ( without ever even seeing the product). Don't get me wrong Robart has been making retracts since the beginning of time and I've owned several sets. As far as if there worth the money time will tell.
Mike
mike2663 is offline Find More Posts by mike2663
Old Feb 17, 2012, 06:13 PM
I want to fly everything!
Hillsboro, OR, USA
Joined Mar 2004
947 Posts
I haven't gone through this entire thread so sorry if it's already been addressed.

I would like low profile electric retracts (no thicker than 14mm) that can handle a 2.5kg (5.5 lb) EDF jet. I'm using .10 size Great Planes/Thunder Tiger mechanical retracts and they are a little wimpy for this application. I have had some success with adding a wire reinforcement to the body of them but I still have to be really careful to land smoothly.

It's a jet and the wing section will not accomodate a thicker retract.

I'm afraid that I'm going to have to build something from scratch. Oh well, the struts and the whole rest of the jet is anyway, so what the heck.
Lance Nordby is offline Find More Posts by Lance Nordby
Old Feb 18, 2012, 09:54 PM
United States, CA, Lancaster
Joined Feb 2012
201 Posts
Newbie lost in Space, Nitroplane 70mm F18 Gear R&R

Hey < I sure appreciate all the great information and effort here in the landing gear, but I am lost as a newbie to EDF's. I just bought my first one, the Nitro planes 70mm FA 18 Diamond back.. I have read all the threads on it I can find.. The landing gear ball links on mine where broken out of the box,, and the gear motors seems really weak..

Since I dont know one retrac from another, as I read about them here, I was hoping one of you just might have already replaced your gear on the same model and could tell me which gear sets will bolt on this airplane.. Otherwise I am lost..

thanks in advance.
Edwards Rc is offline Find More Posts by Edwards Rc
Last edited by Edwards Rc; Feb 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 09:11 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,323 Posts
Can anyone make some suggestions for some electric retracts that will support ~6lb of a Great Planes F-15 kit? I have the changsuns in my elec foam warbird, but I dont think those will hold that much weight. The e-flite ones are nice, but I was wondering if there were any alternatives that might be a little cheaper.
Hornetnz is offline Find More Posts by Hornetnz
Old Feb 19, 2012, 09:32 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,261 Posts
Try the largest version of the PZ line up. PZ15091's are rated for 7.7lbs. PW-RC has the metal trunnion ver. They take 5mm strut rod and are heavier so keep this in mind that it depends what the model can handle.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:12 PM
United States, CA, Lancaster
Joined Feb 2012
201 Posts
Not a newbie to RC... 70mm F18 Gear issues

By the way, It looks like form my post that this is my first model... I should have predicated my posts above by stating that I flew Nitro for years.. This is my first EDF along with my A10.. which is another sore subject from Banana Hobby..

Seems I found all the wrong models to purchase and wife account is not feeling me on these problems.. so I need some success pretrty quick or I might lose the funding..

I'm going to try to buy the Trex500 Ball links, if I can find the right web site.. but guaging by the discussion here I should just R&R them with a different brand.. but do it a economically as possible..

So thanks for the help.
Edwards Rc is offline Find More Posts by Edwards Rc
Old Feb 20, 2012, 03:53 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
Try the largest version of the PZ line up. PZ15091's are rated for 7.7lbs. PW-RC has the metal trunnion ver. They take 5mm strut rod and are heavier so keep this in mind that it depends what the model can handle.
Thanks. Those look exactly like the changesuns, so it'll be interesting to see the differences. Is there a product # for the steerable version? Can these be setup to rotate 90deg?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:04 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,261 Posts
The CS's are smaller for the 2.5kg. PZ or Ping Zheng that RCL first carries followed by HK, PW-RC then HP and everyone else are different. Closer to the Eflites in the 2.5kg size.

PZ's come in three sizes, the trunnions can be in metal, and they all come in a rotating version that you see on the FMS models.
A version of the PZs is also what is used by Freeewing.

I like them because HK has them for around $7, and PW-RC has the full metal trunnions and replacement parts for all of them.
Something that the others don't. So if I bend or break anything its very easy to replace.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2012, 07:36 AM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,323 Posts
Hobby People has their 10lb retracts on sale this weekend $15 off for $45.
http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...o-hdwr-pr.html

Has anyone used these? How do they compare to CSs?
Old Mar 02, 2012, 11:55 AM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetnz View Post
Hobby People has their 10lb retracts on sale this weekend $15 off for $45.
http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...o-hdwr-pr.html

Has anyone used these? How do they compare to CSs?
Those are still the PingZhengs that I've already been talking about.
Hobby People is just a distributor and you can get these for a better price other places without it being on sale.

HPs special price of $44.99 a pair.....

PW-RC when he has them in stock has them for $12.50 ea and has all the parts to replace or repair them.
You could also just get the Hobby Kings $7.99 HKD-514 ones which are the same thing in Nylon, and swap out the trunnions with the metal trunnions from PW-RC by the pair.
So basically it would cost $15.98+$5=$20.98 for a pair + shipping. Depending on where you are and how many sets you got shipping would be $10 - $15.

If you want you can also get these state side from Sonicelectric, RCL, HobbyPartz and others. But again they are just buying it from the same manufacturer and calling it there own. I think RCL is the only one that offers these with their rotational ball link setup.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2012, 12:15 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,323 Posts
Excellent info, thanks.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 07:48 AM
United States, WI, Chetek
Joined Jul 2011
472 Posts
I just ordered a set of Wingspan retracts. Woot! Looking forward to getting them.
JurassicJet is offline Find More Posts by JurassicJet