HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2010, 10:24 PM
Tulare, CA.
Joined Feb 2009
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfield1 View Post
Must have some...where do you get them?
www.tinybritelights.com is the web site,there is a link for them on a pz um mustang(
http://www.youtube.com/erjkerjk ,they look pretty cool,would be perfect for flying around my cul-de-sac at night!
dirt torpedo is offline Find More Posts by dirt torpedo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:54 PM
Sandy, Oregon
Joined Sep 2006
121 Posts
BNF Champ w/free transmitter!

Friends,

I will get a Champ and bind it to my DX-7 and fly it on Mode 1. I have no use for the Mode 2 transmitter so I may try the modification. Nothing lost if I ruin it.

Some one ask about floats for the Champ. There is an article and plans for making floats in the July issue of "RC Micro World‏" on line magazine.

They are having some troubles right now. I think their web host pulled the plug without warning. I think they will soon have a full time host again. I think you can get to the temp site by entering
www.co-op-plans.info/ .

Thank you all for the help.

Michael
PapaMichael6464 is offline Find More Posts by PapaMichael6464
Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:05 PM
Sandy, Oregon
Joined Sep 2006
121 Posts
Correction

Friends,

The web id I gave for the Champ Floats is for people that are already a Subscriber. I didn't remember that it was only for Subscribers.

I am very sorry for passing along bad information. I am sure that there will be a way to become a Subscriber in the near future.

Again, I am sorry,

Michael
PapaMichael6464 is offline Find More Posts by PapaMichael6464
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:44 AM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,752 Posts
Cute but looks naked without wing struts. Maybe 1/16 balsa with Velcro tabs to hold 'em on, painted to match.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old Jul 13, 2010, 01:22 PM
More Altitude, Less Attitude!
United States, SC, Ninety Six
Joined Mar 2008
547 Posts
Count Me In...

I picked mine up at lunch today along with a couple of extra 150's. I already had a Celectra 4-port charger I got for my Blade mCX. Looks and sounds like a great little plane. I'll let you know how the maiden goes, hopefully in the next few days.
chickenwing is offline Find More Posts by chickenwing
Old Jul 13, 2010, 01:31 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Jul 2010
39 Posts
Hey everyone, new guy here, I had been looking for an inexpensive and fun introduction to rc flying and thanks to this forum and this review in particular I think i've found it. I purchased my champ today and am looking forward to gettin her in the air....unfortunately it started to storm just after I got it lol, oh well praying for calm winds and fair skies!!!
bruins is offline Find More Posts by bruins
Old Jul 13, 2010, 04:25 PM
Joined Jan 2010
79 Posts
hey bruins, I bet I get mine in the air before you. mine is supposed to be here tomorrow. I'm fired up and can't wait!!!!!!!!
jbrinkley0826 is offline Find More Posts by jbrinkley0826
Old Jul 13, 2010, 05:39 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Jul 2010
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrinkley0826 View Post
hey bruins, I bet I get mine in the air before you. mine is supposed to be here tomorrow. I'm fired up and can't wait!!!!!!!!
Well I'll take that bet,sorry bout yer luck lol, the storm passed and just got back in the door from the maiden!!! It took little getting used to and a few crashes but a whole lotta fun, just waitin for the battery to charge for another go round
bruins is offline Find More Posts by bruins
Old Jul 13, 2010, 09:08 PM
S/E Michigan
Joined Jun 2010
1,630 Posts
I bought a Champ today, thinking it would be a great way to introduce my son to flying, and I was right! He's had a little experience on the Aerofly sim, so he took right to it. Actually landed on the ball diamond after i hand launched her. He took off after landing and landed her again. I was very surprised at the flight time. It flew well at half throttle, and we must've had 15 minuites of flying, and we didn't run the battery down. Such fun! Will have to get a set of floats eventually...
phillip57 is offline Find More Posts by phillip57
Old Jul 13, 2010, 09:24 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,643 Posts
Haha. It is a great plane huh? I know I love mine. Floats? For what? Gonna mess around in water? I wouldn't dare risk my bird to a drenching. I won't even fly in the rain. But, to each his on. Happy Flying. Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Jul 14, 2010, 07:17 AM
More Altitude, Less Attitude!
United States, SC, Ninety Six
Joined Mar 2008
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenwing View Post
I picked mine up at lunch today along with a couple of extra 150's. I already had a Celectra 4-port charger I got for my Blade mCX. Looks and sounds like a great little plane. I'll let you know how the maiden goes, hopefully in the next few days.
After getting home yesterday, I unboxed the Champ. Everything was in good shape. I charged the battery and bound it to my DX6i. Everything seemed to work as it should. It seems to have very good power for its size. I taxied around a bit, but the weather kept me indoors. Maiden flight to come...
chickenwing is offline Find More Posts by chickenwing
Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:24 AM
Micro Flyer "Q"
United States, MD, Silver Spring
Joined Sep 2003
1,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capngrog View Post
This idea is so simple, I'm sure that others have already done it. I don't always like to advertise what I'm carrying around, so I "reversed" my Champ's hangar (carrying box). Since the box isn't glued together, all you have to do is pull the tabs out of their slots, reverse the bends and tab the box back together. You can also add your own labels (such as "DANGER - RABID VENOMOUS SNAKES - DO NOT OPEN) to discourage unauthorized tampering.

Regards,
Grog
I never thought about doing something like this until I read your post. Glad you did.

Thanks to you, both my Champ and MSR will now travel "stealthily" in their unassuming and plain looking "brown boxes" which I may "label":
"CAUTION"
"KILLER BEES INSIDE"
qban_flyer is offline Find More Posts by qban_flyer
Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:40 AM
Joined Jan 2010
79 Posts
my champ will be here today!!!!! where is that #%$^ UPS driver!!!!! lol. I am thinking of going and looking for him so I can get my champ!!!!! I will have to find something to do to keep my mind off of it until it gets here.......

I'm psyched.... although its going to be about 105 degrees with the humidity here, I'll still be out there as soon as I can though. :-)
jbrinkley0826 is offline Find More Posts by jbrinkley0826
Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:44 AM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
man I fly the heck out of my citabria. when the motor went bad I threw in a mCX motor.

I've wanted the J-3 since it came out but now there is the Champ.

I am divided on which one the J-3 or the Champ.
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:49 AM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
actually..... Would the Champ be better for a payload than the J-3 ?

Like the key fob camera
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)