SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:07 PM
Find More Posts by gibjoe
United States, CT, Manchester
Joined Nov 2007
32 Posts
Got it... here are the links... note I've used ball joint connectors on all my builds where the angles are not true with the servo throws... thanks joeg

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3924
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3906
gibjoe is offline Find More Posts by gibjoe
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:39 PM
Find More Posts by Gene
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Aug 1999
1,320 Posts
This may be a double reply. The first one didn't show. Gibjoe, ball links are a good idea. They help to relieve pressure on the servos.
Gene is offline Find More Posts by Gene
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:45 PM
Find More Posts by Gene
Joined Aug 1999
1,320 Posts
Test from cell phone
Old Apr 26, 2015, 05:23 PM
Find More Posts by gibjoe
United States, CT, Manchester
Joined Nov 2007
32 Posts
Note also... if you check the pics in my previous link..you'll see that I used Du-Bro hard plastic swivel hinges for all my control surfaces... the "attached" foamy hinge arrangment that came with the kit is very very weak and will start to tear across the length when the control is under stress..
Using some swivel hinges insures a more friction free movement and is solid... I don't get any servo chatter at all with these hinges... just a suggestion.... also... if you can get a rudder servo hooked up thats all the better for you.... I loved my t47 and it flew great.... don't have any clips of it ..sorry to say.... joeg
gibjoe is offline Find More Posts by gibjoe
Old Apr 26, 2015, 08:47 PM
Find More Posts by Gene
Joined Aug 1999
1,320 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions gibjoe
Old Apr 27, 2015, 07:18 PM
Find More Posts by PeterVRC
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
13,204 Posts
One reason I NEVER link twin Elevator servos is that no two servos are exactly the same. Even the geometries of pushrods, horns etc are not identical usually.
This means it you drive both servo 'equally' the outcome is unlikely to be equal in Elevator Angle. And/or travel across the range.
Thus I always use individual RC Channels per servo, and then can fine tune them to track each Elevator perfectly. In some case using a TX Curve if it needs that.
I do the same for Flaps on Aircraft.

Most people are not going to recognise or know it is amiss.... they will just use Aileron (Roll) to correct any Elevator/Flap mismatch error.
But in worse cases it will be noted, and more annoying effort to correct yourself.

It also allows adding Taileron operation if you want to clean up the Roll axis, or have more authority. (Even if the full scale never had that - no one will know! lol)
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
Old Apr 28, 2015, 01:44 AM
Find More Posts by solentlife
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
10,312 Posts
I totally agree with PeterVRC ... IF talking about using servo reverser..... because they are notorious for stepped operation. Meaning one is stepped, while other is smooth and this can lead to mismatch through range until full deflection.

But an item that can work is use of a V tail mixer. Yes - this is stepped as well - but now BOTH servos are stepped and you only connect the elevator function.

Nigel
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Apr 28, 2015, 01:49 AM
Find More Posts by PeterVRC
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
13,204 Posts
Hey, that is a pretty good idea!!
If you want to save a channel - though it is not quite as good as individual control still. But probably the best 'second tier' idea! I will have to try one out on something!
Probably even the T-45!!

Oh!... they also cost money! hehe
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
Old May 10, 2015, 08:59 AM
Find More Posts by oldsneakers
United States, CT, Hamden
Joined Jul 2011
352 Posts
I finally replaced the original vertical stabilizer and rudder with a balsa wood one. I hope it is more durable than the delron. There should be a law against using that stuff in planes. I have limited space and it's too easy to touch these planes up against something.
oldsneakers is offline Find More Posts by oldsneakers
Old May 15, 2015, 08:57 PM
Find More Posts by kevinkal
Old !Bold Pilot
United States, CA, Gilroy
Joined Nov 2013
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers View Post
I finally replaced the original vertical stabilizer and rudder with a balsa wood one. I hope it is more durable than the delron. There should be a law against using that stuff in planes. I have limited space and it's too easy to touch these planes up against something.
I agree those tail feathers are too flimsy, even reinforced with CF.. they're just itching to fail.
Grats on going with Balsa! I need to do the same when I build up my next Sapac/HK T-45.
kevinkal is offline Find More Posts by kevinkal
Old May 16, 2015, 02:26 AM
Find More Posts by solentlife
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
10,312 Posts
As many already found out - Sapac T45 is old style foam ..... others have moved on from that years ago. Except Multiplex of course ....

The Lanyu T45 is much better foam than the Sapac but still suffers from stupid bits like paper thin nose cone ....

Sadly HK stopped selling the Lanyu version when it was passed to VolantexRC and price shot up ! It used to be $29.99 for the kit - an absolute steal at the price !

Nigel
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife