HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2002, 08:12 PM
USA
Joined Oct 2001
5,185 Posts
Is the Electrajet a good camera ship?

I am interested in using the Electrajet with some light weight camera gear. My video equipment weighs about 7 ozs.

Will the stock model work well for this purpose? I do not want to have to upgrade the motor, pack, or ESC, to make it work well for me.

I am not looking for speed. Rather, I want something that is fun and stable. A cub or other high wing ship does not do it for me. I heard that the Pico Jet would be capable of handling my payload, so I am hoping that the Electrajet would too.
Mr.RC-CAM is offline Find More Posts by Mr.RC-CAM
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2002, 10:31 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
The Multiplex Twin-Star or Cargo would be much better suited for this purpose. Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Feb 01, 2002, 09:37 PM
USA
Joined Oct 2001
5,185 Posts
Thanks Jürgen. I will consider your recommendations. I am looking for a rugged park flyer for when I do not have time to drive to the club field. I want something that has a little zip when I need it, since I will just get bored with a full time slow flyer.

My local hobby shop has the Electrajet in stock, as well as the pico jet. I can reduce the weight of my camera gear down to 3.5 ounces if I remove some plastic enclosures, so that should help out.

The LHS has the Cargo in stock too (I briefly looked at it a couple of weeks ago), so I will go look at it up close to see if it is something that my charge card will enjoy playing with.

The two *jets are available with a Focus 3 radio at much lower cost, so that is a plus in their favor.

Anyone else want to offer advice on this?
Mr.RC-CAM is offline Find More Posts by Mr.RC-CAM
Old Feb 02, 2002, 09:37 PM
Alberta, Canada
Joined Sep 2001
1,292 Posts
The box mentions weights for the electra jet in the 16-24 ounce range, I think mine with paint weighs ~19 right now. 3.5 you might be able to get away with but it wouldn't fly as nice for sure as w/o the extra weight :/ Really nice flyer though!
Mikey-flies is offline Find More Posts by Mikey-flies