SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 17, 2014, 09:57 AM
Ultra Violet
Joined Feb 2013
2,948 Posts
New Product
Spektrum DX18 Gen 2

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...rodId=SPM18100

This thread is here to discuss just the DX18 Gen 2. Although the other radios share the same Airware, I find it confusing when they are all discussed in a common thread. I have had mine now for over a month and I am very pleased with it. I had been on the fence for the last 2 years deciding on a new Tx to replace my DX8. I have been watching the other companies to see if they would catch up with Spektrum, I got tired of watching. The voice alerts are the best, I could never go back to a dumb Tx now. The feel of the DX18 is very similar to the DX8 but a bit better, how? I don't know, I just like how it feels. I do like the JR gimbals. There are some things that could be improved, and with the frequent updates there is always hope for improvements.
Electromagnetic is online now Find More Posts by Electromagnetic
Last edited by Electromagnetic; Jun 17, 2014 at 12:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2014, 10:24 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,147 Posts
I wonder why the other one got closed
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jun 17, 2014, 02:54 PM
United States, UT, Highland
Joined Jun 2006
1,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Hmm.... As long as you've been around here freechip???? lol

I only took a quick look at a couple of the last posts and that thread was running completely out of control with WAY too many posts by folks that are on my ignore list....
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Old Jun 17, 2014, 03:11 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,210 Posts
That's grounds for giving people a "vacation" (especially those that are supposed to be there permanently), not for closing a thread.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 17, 2014, 03:12 PM
Canada
Joined Aug 2004
867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Well, that {}{steve}{} fellow pretty much trashed the thread and then flipped his lid...
grumpy42 is offline Find More Posts by grumpy42
Old Jun 17, 2014, 03:17 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,210 Posts
So far this thread is doing just as well. It has 0 useful posts, that one had thousands of useful ones.

Hopefully the OP will have sense to close it.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 17, 2014, 04:21 PM
Ultra Violet
Joined Feb 2013
2,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electromagnetic View Post
http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...rodId=SPM18100

This thread is here to discuss just the DX18 Gen 2. Although the other radios share the same Airware, I find it confusing when they are all discussed in a common thread. I have had mine now for over a month and I am very pleased with it. I had been on the fence for the last 2 years deciding on a new Tx to replace my DX8. I have been watching the other companies to see if they would catch up with Spektrum, I got tired of watching. The voice alerts are the best, I could never go back to a dumb Tx now. The feel of the DX18 is very similar to the DX8 but a bit better, how? I don't know, I just like how it feels. I do like the JR gimbals. There are some things that could be improved, and with the frequent updates there is always hope for improvements.
Lets try this again:
This thread is for information pertaining to the new DX18 Gen 2. I don't think that many DX18 Gen 2's have sold compared to the DX9 and DX6. Hopefully this thread may encourage others to get one.
Last edited by Electromagnetic; Jun 18, 2014 at 11:46 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 05:06 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
7,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjohnsen View Post
Lets try this again:
This thread is for information pertaining to the new DX18 Gen 2. I don't think that many DX18 Gen 2's have sold compared to the DX9 and DX6. Hopefully this thread may encourage others to get one.
Why?
richard hanson is offline Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old Jun 18, 2014, 08:35 AM
Ultra Violet
Joined Feb 2013
2,948 Posts
Cell Tower

I flew my UMX Carbon Cub at the soccer field this morning. I got 89 F's. I know when I fly at the turf farms I don't get nearly this high, I think I may get under 20. Is this number a result of the cell tower being so close?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 08:48 AM
Ultra Violet
Joined Feb 2013
2,948 Posts
Quote:
I flew my UMX Carbon Cub at the soccer field this morning. I got 89 F's. I know when I fly at the turf farms I don't get nearly this high, I think I may get under 20. Is this number a result of the cell tower being so close?
Replies:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=18585

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=18586
Last edited by Electromagnetic; Jun 18, 2014 at 11:47 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:18 AM
Sherman Knight
Kirkland Washington
Joined Feb 2002
965 Posts
If you are interested is responses to sailplane stuff for the DX18 G2, I am watching for questions on the this thread. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1967153. I wish I did, but I don't have the time to wade through another thread.

Sherman Knight
Team Horizon Hobby Sailplane
duworm is offline Find More Posts by duworm
Old Jun 19, 2014, 05:02 AM
Ultra Violet
Joined Feb 2013
2,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by duworm View Post
If you are interested is responses to sailplane stuff for the DX18 G2, I am watching for questions on the this thread. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1967153. I wish I did, but I don't have the time to wade through another thread.

Sherman Knight
Team Horizon Hobby Sailplane
No, I will ask them here, that thread is too cluttered and confusing.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 09:42 AM
Ultra Violet
Joined Feb 2013
2,948 Posts
I had three more flights with the UMX Carbon Cub this morning. There was a dramatic difference in Frame Losses. The first 2 flights were 0 and the last one was 1. Today it is very low humidity compared to 2 days ago when it was very humid. I cant help but think that has something to do with the 89 Frame Losses I got then. I was suspicious of the cell tower but it was still standing there today and I got a good score.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:15 PM
Ultra Violet
Joined Feb 2013
2,948 Posts
Quote:
I had three more flights with the UMX Carbon Cub this morning. There was a dramatic difference in Frame Losses. The first 2 flights were 0 and the last one was 1. Today it is very low humidity compared to 2 days ago when it was very humid. I cant help but think that has something to do with the 89 Frame Losses I got then. I was suspicious of the cell tower but it was still standing there today and I got a good score.
What occurred to me just now is that Wednesday was the first time I have flown both the DX18 and the Carbon Cub with high humidity. The water vapor in the air must absorb some of the RF, resulting in the first time I have witnessed the high Frame Losses. It will be interesting to continue to study this effect. It is also the first time I can remember that the humidity has been so frequently low, which is very comfortable to fly in.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:52 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
7,026 Posts
Golly goshes!
richard hanson is offline Find More Posts by richard hanson